Debby Ryan in Naeem Khan – Vanity Fair Campaign Hollywood 2013

Debby Ryan in Naeem Khan – Vanity Fair Campaign Hollywood 2013

Debby Ryan shimmered last night at the Vanity Fair Campaign Hollywood 2013 in Los Angeles.

The Disney channel actress wore a Naeem Khan Pre-Fall 2013 cocktail gown.

I always love a short-sleeved dress on the red carpet, and this ornate gold gown doesn’t disappoint. The ‘Jessie’ star seems to be following in the footsteps of her Disney predecessors by taking a decidedly more grown-up approach to her red carpet style, but she pulls it off. Her polished topknot, vampy cat eyes and green drop earrings are polished and demure.

I do wish she’d gotten the dress hemmed–it was shown well above the knee on the runway, and it looks slightly awkward below the knee.

What do you think? Does the young star look chic or is her attire too grown-up?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

America Ferrera In Veronica Beard - Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2014

America Ferrera In Veronica Beard – Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2014

Christa B. Allen In Rafael Cennamo - 15th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards

Christa B. Allen In Rafael Cennamo – 15th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards

23 Responses to Debby Ryan in Naeem Khan – Vanity Fair Campaign Hollywood 2013

1. Maxine February 20, 2013 at 17:15 #

Gorge! The sleeves, and length make it more tasteful and less in your face cleavage.

2. Nat39 February 20, 2013 at 17:15 #

The look is sweet and feminine, she does look polished, the slightly shorter length would’ve worked better for her, and the boobage ruins it.

• Yeliz February 20, 2013 at 17:38 #

ITA.

• Beta February 21, 2013 at 08:51 #

yep, I dislike plunging necklines on well endowed ladies, it looks WAG-y

• Jess2 February 23, 2013 at 05:30 #

I agree also. Her styling is great but the dress is a little off.

3. gabis February 20, 2013 at 17:19 #

That much cleavage is quite shocking for someone who works for Disney. But even in spite of the all the boobage going on, the bottom line here is that the outfit aged her. From the lentgh of the dress to the hair, from the big earrings to the pageant makeup, it’s all too grown-up in my opinion. The look book model who is probably older than Debby (or the same age at least) looks a lot younger in the dress.

4. robbie February 20, 2013 at 17:48 #

the cleavage makes it appear a little trashy.

• Lisa29 February 20, 2013 at 18:00 #

I disagree, I don’t think anything about the look reads trashy. Hemline shortening..fine. But overall polished and put together.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2013 at 21:24 #

I agree. If it had been a modest scoop or v neckline I would have loved this look. But unfortunately everything good about this look is brought down by an over-revealing plunge.

5. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2013 at 18:28 #

The over exposed cleavage is my issue with the look. I like the rest.

• chaka March 9, 2013 at 17:25 #

it is not overexposed…. seriously and im a pretty conservative person that don’t feel comfortable with a plunging neck line but as long as it isn’t showing too much then its fine, and i think its fine. TRUST thats not overexposed.

6. arang February 20, 2013 at 18:37 #

Love the dress, the hair, and the earrings. Unfortunately the neckline fairly gapes at her chest. It’s a bit vulgar, imo, and doesn’t seem to match the rest of the dress.

7. admmgz February 20, 2013 at 19:27 #

I think it’s a pretty look but it does seem a little too mature for her…I can’t help but think of Salma Hayek…

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 20, 2013 at 19:42 #

+1. I adore Naeem but this is too old for her. Look how stunning it looks on the model without the baci ball boobage. A miss.

• chaka March 9, 2013 at 17:14 #

-____- the model is flat- chested thats why. she looks pretty and put together.

• chaka March 9, 2013 at 17:15 #

and by she i meant debby :)

8. Chistine February 20, 2013 at 20:35 #

She looks ok.

9. Nadine February 20, 2013 at 20:56 #

You’re probably right, whatever you said…I can’t think straight with all the boobies in my face.

10. greenchylde February 21, 2013 at 03:33 #

modest length with a showy neckline, gorgeous head to toe

11. MaddyEliza February 21, 2013 at 21:33 #

I’m agree with the majority here, too much cleavage. But I still LOVE this look!! The dress is GORGEOUS and I love what she did with her hair.

12. Cindy February 22, 2013 at 00:39 #

What is the deal with all the boobage? When did this become the norm/trend/acceptable? Someone please take out the trash.

13. Kathy February 22, 2013 at 15:54 #

UGHHHH. That length. It’s driving me insane. Also, this just looks so tacky to me in general. Between the earrings, her nervous demeanor, and the plunging neckline (distastefully) showing in-your-face cleavage, she looks like a confused librarian who stole Salma Hayek’s wardrobe.

14. chaka March 9, 2013 at 17:20 #

she looks femine and well put togteher. maybe shebshould have hemmed it to stop above the knees likr the model… and that is not too much cleavage! y’all have not seen what ‘too much cleavage’ is. she looks amazing and in my opinion better than the model cause debby has a body.