19.02.13

Front Row @ Burberry Prorsum Fall 2013

Burberry Fall 2013 Front Row

As is customary, quite the coterie of starlets stylishly resided on Burberry Prorsum’s front row to see just what Christopher Bailey had in store for Fall 2013; a collection he titled “Trench Kisses, A Collection of Classics and Christine Keeler.” While it was hard to compete with the designer’s gorgeous runway heroines, many of these cool-girl guests rocked their Burberry best at London’s Kensington Gardens on Monday afternoon and gave the models a good run.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: The British model and actress broke out a sleek coral-red pantsuit for her front-row seat at the show. Was it mannish? Yes. But with the slim fit and the impeccable tailoring, no to mention Rosie’s voluminous waves, she looked like she just stepped off the runway herself.

Freida Pinto: Opting for a cooler palette of jewel tones, the actress wore a dark sapphire corset and emerald green trouser from Burberry Prorsum’s colour-saturated Spring 2013 collection. Instead of the cropped biker jacket originally featured on the catwalk, Freida added a black sash detail to the peplum waist of the top. Without any accessories on this look, I would have at least liked to see the added zest of the runway’s golden yellow shoe. But she played off the black with her peep-toe wedge.

Rita Ora: We can always count on this British songstress to pump up the volume with her chameleon-like style. Here, she also went for a menswear-inspired statement with a navy suit that kept an edge with its ’80s slouch and rolled-up sleeves, paired back to stacks of colourful bangles, a “foxy” chain necklace and a T-shirt that playfully illustrated Rita’s new British BFF and model of the moment, “Queen” Cara Delevingne. The white version of those peep-toe wedges also made an appearance, as did a modernized bouffant-style ‘do.

Burberry Fall 2013 Front Row 2

Kate Beckinsale: The British actress brought her 12-year-old daughter, Lily Mo, with her to the show, where this star super-mom was chic for days. She went for high-polish with her crisp white button-down shirt and high-waisted skirt that closely skimmed her slim curves. A double belt and matching camel clutch added visual interest, while a high ponytail playfully topped off this look.

Michelle Dockery: This ‘Downton Abbey’ girl—and her cropped bob—fit right in to the trench-heavy Burberry Fall 2013 collection, wearing a coat from the Pre-Fall 2013 offering. Featuring oversize snap enclosures and a warm shade of greige, it was a fresh twist on the traditional outerwear piece.

Olivia Palermo: This stylista took a completely different fashion direction from her earlier Topshop showing. Going for a more traditional route, she buttoned up in a patterned blouse paired with a dark olive below-the-knee skirt and skinny boots. But her navy blazer still packed a dose of fun with its fuzzy, feathered detail at the bottom.

Burberry Fall 2013 Front Row 4

Melanie Laurent: Also going the way of the trench, the French actress wore a ruby red coat from Burberry’s Spring 2013 collection—and a red lippie to match. Unfortunately, the piece photographed as a bit rumpled. I much preferred the runway outing with its vividly delightful hue and a bodice that translated as more structured and architectural. I also liked the model’s blue pointy-toe shoe, as opposed to this blocky platform.

Donna Air: The British star also took the designer’s Spring 2013 collection for a spin with this shiny, explosively hued shirtdress. Good in theory, but when mixed up with an oversized purple clutch and a totally uninspiring and clunky pair of navy pumps, this look fell flat—despite its reflective properties.

Victoria Pendleton: Sporty and chic, said this British Olympian’s look of the day. The blazer-coat was the main attraction with its buttons, buckles and big side pockets. But the bag felt a bit oversized and better for a seat on an airplane, rather than a fashion show. Was this look worthy of the medal stand for you?

Credit: Getty

Michelle Dockery's Peter Pilotto 'Victoria' Printed Panel Dress

Michelle Dockery’s Peter Pilotto ‘Victoria’ Printed Panel Dress

Vanessa Hudgens In Rafael Cennamo - 'Spring Breakers' Paris Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Rafael Cennamo – ‘Spring Breakers’ Paris Premiere

28 Responses to Front Row @ Burberry Prorsum Fall 2013

1. asherlev1 February 19, 2013 at 02:31 #

OH MY GOD Freida Pinto is a goddess. We are seriously not worthy. BDOTW nominee, imo.

• ashley February 19, 2013 at 02:33 #

i agree!!

• DSI February 19, 2013 at 15:07 #

Freida looks fresh and gorgeous! And FC-she does add a hint of bright chartruese through her little bag,which keeps things interesting :)

• rita February 19, 2013 at 17:36 #

Agree! She is my favorite too :-D

2. Christine February 19, 2013 at 02:43 #

Rosie looks amazing. Love Kate and Rita looks too.

3. Aline February 19, 2013 at 03:33 #

It will never stop amazing me how effortless Rosie always seems. She’s fantastic.

As for Freida, I don’t usually like her style, but in this occasion I love her outfit. I didn’t like that top paired with the sequined skirt like Emma Stone did last year, but now paired with those green pants it looks much improved.

Kate looks as classy as ever. Love the white/camel combo. I would have preferred different shoes, though.

Victoria’s bag is indeed oversized but I liked everything else about her look.

The other ones did nothing for me.

4. Alicat February 19, 2013 at 04:09 #

RHW looks spectacular in the pant suit. She allows the colour to do the talking. No unnecessary accessorising. Less is definitely more.

5. delhi_fashionista February 19, 2013 at 04:20 #

Freida Pinto did carry an amazing fluorescent coloured handbag along with her. Wish you had featured a picture displaying that as well.

• noo February 19, 2013 at 08:40 #

if you look closely at the picture in the post you’ll find that freida is carrying it in it! she just carried it behind her hips most of the time and didn’t really feature it!

6. pipsqueak February 19, 2013 at 04:27 #

Kate looked really good. Now you just confirmed my suspicion – she brought her daughter to the show. I thought about that while watching the video, but then the kid is big now and Kate looks so young (looking better as she ages) I couldn’t believe it was her daughter.

Melanie looked great in the video but not so much up close in the picture – the dress looked a bit cheap. Overall, I think she’s a natural beauty but lacks Poesy’s cool and Cotillard’s togetherness. Hence, she doesn’t inspire me style-wise.

7. gurlygurl February 19, 2013 at 05:02 #

WOW! – Rosie … could a suit look any sexier? Not usually a fan of Ritas but the attitude in that suit is working for me. I’d ditch the white peeptoes myself but I love that slouchy, “i look hot in my boyfriend suit” look.

8. Yeliz February 19, 2013 at 05:20 #

The top row is my favourite with Frieda on the first place.

9. TL February 19, 2013 at 05:44 #

Freida Pinto looks fabulous! Love HTT especially the red lip. Michelle Dockery also looks great.

10. MG February 19, 2013 at 07:29 #

Love Rosie and Olivia’s outifits. and faces!

11. Yolonda February 19, 2013 at 08:10 #

Love the ravishing ladies in red Rosie and Melanie

12. C February 19, 2013 at 08:32 #

What does it mean to be chic for days..?

13. Rashmi February 19, 2013 at 11:57 #

Rosie, Freida , Michella and Kate are looking gorgeous and uber chic and stylish!
    Burberry always have the most celebs don their best colors for the front row :)

14. Agathe February 19, 2013 at 13:28 #

Rosie and Freida really stand out. I love trousers done right, it’s a refreshing change.

Rita Ora has serious makeup issues.

I like Victoria Pendleton although she’s not breathtaking. She looks faithful to her own style, which works in my opinion.

Maybe we’re raising our standards this week after the Goyas fireworks!

15. Noemi February 19, 2013 at 14:04 #

Such a great front row. Kate Beckinsale is my favorite, but I also like Rita Ora and Donna Air.

16. fromchi-town February 19, 2013 at 14:23 #

I think Freida Pinto looks amazing. Though her pants have some fit issues in the crotch area… she still stands out. Loved Rosie’s look too… she can do that kinda look in her sleep now!!

17. dee February 19, 2013 at 14:30 #

I like Rosie and Rita’s looks.

18. Glenda February 19, 2013 at 15:00 #

Michelle Dockery looks REGAL. Lady Mary would be proud… (if she were to be a real person, etc.)

19. rebecca o February 19, 2013 at 15:16 #

Rosie looks amazing!

20. Raiyan February 19, 2013 at 15:52 #

In my opinion Donna Air looks really good. When I saw the Burberry Spring 13 show online, I wondered how celebrities will style Christopher Bailey’s shiny collection. But Donna carries in really well! Freida Pinto looks nice as well but wish her pants were better tailored.

21. EmmaWoodhouse February 19, 2013 at 19:33 #

Rosie, Michelle, and Olivia catch my eye for looking fantastic and chic. Kate looks OK. The rest aren’t working for me. Freida’s bustier looked better on Emma Stone imo, I prefer it with a skirt.

22. Dhppy February 19, 2013 at 20:19 #

I never would have guessed that any young woman could carry off news anchor helmet hair, but Rita Ora managed.

23. Jess2 February 20, 2013 at 11:54 #

Rosie is a knockout and definitely the best dressed at this event. Victoria also looks great. Unfortunately, Rita looks ridiculous.

• effieee February 21, 2013 at 10:23 #

Agreed. Rita’s hair looks ridiculous, like a bad 80’s news presenter, and her makeup makes her look sickly. The pants could’ve been better fitted also.