14.02.13

Michael Kors Fall 2013

Michael Kors Fall 2013

The Michael Kors Fall 2013 show served up luxe sportswear and a whole lot more.

On an eye-popping colour palette of electric-blue, saffron-yellow, orange and black, the designer served up looks for any occasion.

I loved the cheeky camo prints, the easy wearable separates, on-trend houndstooth print, slouchy leather pants, oversized blazers and coats, the luxe knitwear and the peplum pieces which return to the runway season after season.

My favourite pieces were the leather bustier with a crepe skirt and the knit peplum sweater and skirt.

The show closed with a succession of two-tone mullet dresses. The bejewelled one is one most likely to make it to the red carpet.

Front Row: Michael Douglas, Hilary Swank, Zoe Saldana, Jada Pinkett Smith, Paz Vega and Karolina Kurkova

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Gwyneth Paltrow; Jennifer Garner; Heidi Klum; Charlize Theron.

Favourites: Look 55, Look 9 and Look 19

Credit: Style.com

Ashley Greene's Giambattista Valli Twisted Crepe Gown

Ashley Greene’s Giambattista Valli Twisted Crepe Gown

Front Row @ Michael Kors Fall 2013

Front Row @ Michael Kors Fall 2013

7 Responses to Michael Kors Fall 2013

1. Nat39 February 14, 2013 at 17:24 #

I didn´t really like this collection, look 55 was one of the few that stood out to me.

2. Marybeth February 14, 2013 at 18:04 #

Very disappointing to me.
    A lot of the lines are severe and boxy.
    All of the gowns are mullets, which I don’t like.
    Too much camo and blaze orange — for a few slides there I thought I was in Walmart during deer season. :)

I do love the shades of yellow and blue he’s using.
    We’ll just have to wait and see how individual looks come across in real life.

3. tuftufwang February 14, 2013 at 19:11 #

Look 55 is my fav. I didn’t like any of the gowns – thought that the tails(trains?) were a bit of an after thought and looked like they were slapped on.

4. TeaAtTwo February 14, 2013 at 20:26 #

I like the pencil skirts with the zips and the circle skirts and the blues and yellows hues were enchanting but the orange pieces felt too harsh and the camouflage prints just made pieces unappealing as were the mullet dresses.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 22:24 #

Love: the bright blue and marigold, the tailored yet classy dresses and pencils skirts.
    Not feeling: the blaze orange and camo (very hunting season, as Marybeth said), the mullet gowns, the slits, and the bulky silhouettes.
    Not my favorite collection at all.

6. carolina February 15, 2013 at 03:30 #

I’m not seeing a single good look here. Both ugly (unflattering) and unoriginal.

7. Alex February 15, 2013 at 12:47 #

Gwyneth is going to rock the hell out of this collection!