Anna Dello Russo In Prada – New York Fashion Week Street Style

Anna Dello Russo In Prada - New York Fashion Week Street StyleFashion conservatives: Hide your eyes. Anna Dello Russo, and her snappy, over-the-top style, finally came out to play at New York Fashion Week.

The Editor at Large for ‘Vogue Japan’ may have arrived fashionably late to the NYFW party (with perhaps the blustery weather to blame). But she made up for it by flexing her modish muscle on Tuesday while attending the shows.

Choosing an ostentatious, top-to-toe Prada creation from the Spring 2013 collection, the eccentric editor obviously delighted in Miuccia Prada’s equally quirky vision with this white, cropped-sleeve fur coat emblazoned with red poppies.

The flower power continued with her handbag.

To winterize the look, she wore a black, long-sleeve top and white tights, while belting the coat to define her waist.

Banishing the thought of a standard boot, she added some heft with Prada’s peculiar, Geisha-inspired flat-form sandals. At least, for her feet’s sake, she left those silver leather judo socks on the runway,

Her reputation as a fanciful fashion personality was certainly not refuted with this outfit. There’s something ever so interesting about this zany, rule-breaking street style. But, only on Anna.

Can you appreciate her whimsical fashion mania here, or is it just too wonky?

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Out In New York City

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Out In New York City

Ashley Tisdale's Free People Striped Pullover

Ashley Tisdale’s Free People Striped Pullover

43 Responses to Anna Dello Russo In Prada – New York Fashion Week Street Style

1. Yeliz February 14, 2013 at 05:30 #

She looks ridiculous.

• CreoleLady February 14, 2013 at 09:05 #

+1. After I stopped laughing the first time, tried to find something redeeming about this look. Couldn’t, started laughing all over again. Fuzzy bathrobe couture.

• Christine February 14, 2013 at 14:31 #

+1 She looks like a fool.

2. Beth Rodrigues February 14, 2013 at 05:43 #

Anna Dello Russo .. and this woman decides what we as women are supposed to wear and buy? Oh dear….

3. gurlygurl February 14, 2013 at 06:10 #

I really don’t get this look or her for that matter. I rarely like what she wears. I guess that’s the difference between fashion and style. Unfortunately Anna doesn’t posses the latter.

• StyleEditor February 19, 2013 at 14:51 #

You understand that Fashion and Style are two separate concepts? Fashion over Style is exactly Anna’s point (or that of Miuccia Prada). Maybe you should google and watch “Fashion shower”. And listen.

4. msd February 14, 2013 at 07:32 #

I see Prada is copying Marimekko now ….

• Elise February 14, 2013 at 11:11 #

LOL, true. Actually the coat is the only thing I like. Conservative or not, the styling is one of the worst things I’ve seen lately here

5. the ogre February 14, 2013 at 08:40 #

her skinny ankles look a bit weird when compared to that overbearing coat she is wearing on top. don’t like it at all.

6. Noemi (WBiS) February 14, 2013 at 10:19 #

On anybody else this would be awful and ridiculous. On her, it’s Anna del Russo. But I hate real furs (and this ugly, anyway), and those shoes are the ugliest I’ve ever seen.

7. The Very Simon G February 14, 2013 at 10:47 #

The coat, YES. The shoes, NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Not even Anna, the love of my life, can pull these off. Soz!

8. Cris February 14, 2013 at 11:03 #

This coat costs US$ 200000+, seriously i dont believe she can afford the wardrobe she has as she always claim, i bet they are always items on loan for editorials or actually rent from fashion houses, and need to be returned.. but nevertheless this look just wouldn’t look great on anyone, not to even mention her attempt.

9. SL February 14, 2013 at 11:33 #

The coat is very beautiful.The styling is not striking, but the coat is indeed lovely, and I can see it being used with gowns and other ensembles too!

10. Kawissa February 14, 2013 at 11:56 #

It seems Middle America taste is in full blown in these comments… IRRRCK!!

• carolina February 15, 2013 at 03:32 #

That’s rather rude (and presumptuous). I like the coat and how she’s styled the overall look, but it simply does not work on her. Tilda, I could see wearing this.

11. Willow February 14, 2013 at 12:57 #

Those shoes will forever be the most utterly hideous things to ever adorn someone’s feet.

Just stop.

• asherlev1 February 14, 2013 at 14:29 #

+10000000

• EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 15:24 #

+2,000,000

• jeremyrain February 14, 2013 at 17:47 #

Miucia Prada deserves a wedgie for creating these kinds of shoes! Such hideous creatures.

12. Kristy February 14, 2013 at 13:34 #

Those shoes look like something Elle Fanning would wear.

• Sara February 14, 2013 at 17:13 #

LOL, she did wear a version of them, and it was equally as awful

13. doc February 14, 2013 at 13:40 #

This ia HORRIBLE!!!!!!! She never looks good and I don’t understand how any one csn take her seriously. Maybe she is more in line with a European aesthetic, but this is one of the most hideous looks I have ever seen on a human in my lifetime. And I have always hated her stooped posture. Does she have uncorrected scoliosis from childhood?

• Sara February 14, 2013 at 17:13 #

LOL, she did wear a version of them, and it was equally as awful

• Sara February 14, 2013 at 17:14 #

oops, wrong comment

14. Pedro February 14, 2013 at 13:47 #

I just LOVE Anna Dello Russo!

She is so funny and fearless

15. Lisa February 14, 2013 at 14:10 #

It is just too fugly. I dont understand her appeal or Prada’s appeal either. Weird doesn’t equal style or fashion.

16. Grace Patricia February 14, 2013 at 14:36 #

I’m not a fashion conservative, but I dislike it with all my heart. It’s a joke.

17. Faellie February 14, 2013 at 14:57 #

The coat would be a lovely item as something casually chic and comfortable over a very plain outfit such as a business suit, or cigarette pants. Definitely not belted, though.

The only thing I would change about Anna is her posture – perfect posture would do a lot to show her styling to its best effect. As she is usually photographed, she looks much shorter in the neck than I am sure she really is, and it does the effects she is aiming at no favours.

18. Marybeth February 14, 2013 at 15:19 #

I think the coat is delightful for the more adventurous dresser. The only problem is that, without careful styling, it is sure to look like a bathrobe.
    Over a poppy-red dress and with the right pair of (red?) shoes, it could be great. If you want to be a little goofy, you could add a silly purse like Anna’s or even a hat.
    But here Anna looks like she is wearing pajamas and weird slippers. The effect is not even amusing.

19. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 15:25 #

No, no, NO and also NO. This is seriously the worst look so far this look. The clown with clodhoppers on her feet!

20. MG February 14, 2013 at 15:43 #

This woman looks terrible in every single outfit. She is a fashion victim.

21. dee February 14, 2013 at 15:44 #

I really detest her style. She always looks so ridiculous to me.

22. Ericka February 14, 2013 at 16:02 #

I just can’t get behind this. I detest the phrase “trying too hard” because it is good to try. But this is just trying to get attention by dressing ridiculously it seems to me and I am not a fan.

23. Petra February 14, 2013 at 16:47 #

I love her ! I know that most of the times the outfits she wears may look ridiculous, but can you imagine street style without her? She’s totally fabulous and I’m glad that she’s sticking to her formula.

24. Camille February 14, 2013 at 17:04 #

Fashion victim epitomized.

• Joy February 14, 2013 at 20:51 #

25. ladyoflettuce February 14, 2013 at 22:07 #

I am usually onboard with ADR… I find her completely ostentatious of course, but her spirit is to be admired. She is brave and experimental. It follows that sometimes things don’t come off. This look is really bad… the belt is so wrong, the white stockings are so wrong, the combo is is so wrong. I guess you have to go over the line to know where the limit is though. And of course, you can’t help thinking the whole affair is a pretty grotesque display of wealth and luxury.

26. pipsqueak February 15, 2013 at 01:32 #

At this point, ADR has run out of ideas to top herself and gone completely drag queen. I’ve stopped looking at her on blogs.

27. Dhppy February 15, 2013 at 06:49 #

Oh! She really needs to lift weights to prevent that hunching or else it will only get worse.

28. kinella February 15, 2013 at 11:03 #

not age appropriate

29. Jess2 February 16, 2013 at 06:26 #

I liked this until the white tights and the assault on the eyes that some call shoes!!

30. Angela February 17, 2013 at 04:54 #

I know I’m the minority here, but I actually really love this look. She’s so fearless, and her confidence in her quirk make this work for me. plus, I was obsessed with the collection. Love the willingness to not fit in, I salute her for it. Love the coat, love the coat, glad she opted to use a belt, the shoes are questionable but I finally decided I liked them, a success in my eyes.

31. Fuschia Fashionista March 19, 2013 at 21:57 #

I love this coat, but not what she did with it. It deserves a little black dress, above the elbow black leather gloves and simple black heels.