Katy Perry In Gucci – 2013 Grammy Awards

2013Grammys_KatyPerry

Katy Perry kept up her red-carpet surprises at Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards, held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

After a more subdued turn in a Rafael Cennamo gown at the Pre-Grammy Gala last night, she upped the head-turning style quotient with this minty-fresh design from Gucci’s Resort 2013 collection.

The super-tight, green dress featured a heavily embellished keyhole detail that was quite gaping. The lookbook version on the less well-endowed model walked a more elegant line.

Long raven locks and neutral-toned makeup completed Katy’s look.

In a venue where the ‘Wide Awake’ songstress and nominee could have resorted back to rainbow hues and sparkles galore, this was a less over-the-top statement.

But did it work for you?

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab - 2014 Grammy Awards

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab – 2014 Grammy Awards

Solange Knowles In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2013 Grammy Awards

Solange Knowles In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2013 Grammy Awards

55 Responses to Katy Perry In Gucci – 2013 Grammy Awards

1. Pedro February 11, 2013 at 03:58 #

She looks amazing!

HOT

2. Christine February 11, 2013 at 03:59 #

Wow, this is a great dress but all I can look at are her boobs. Gorgeous boobs but whoa.

3. Angela February 11, 2013 at 04:04 #

I love the color of this look, but I hate the style of the dress. It looks like spandex. Katy does have great boobs, but the simplicity of this dress ensures that they’re the only thing that is drawing attention. The beading is nice though. I wish quirky Katy would return every once in a while.

4. Thaís February 11, 2013 at 04:04 #

Too much boobage in my opinion.

• amparo February 12, 2013 at 14:06 #

I agree! It looks cheap. And the hair is ughhhh! Looks old.

5. shontay February 11, 2013 at 04:07 #

I love this. Busty girls should still be allowed to wear a dress like this. Everything is in it’s place. She looks hot and better than ever.

6. Bec February 11, 2013 at 04:08 #

Dem boobies – woah! She looks great!

7. Fiona February 11, 2013 at 04:20 #

I much prefer the runway – this dress looked so much more elegant and high fashion on the model, unfortunately on Katy it looked cheaper and more Vegas than Paris. Love the colour and her figure is amazing, but it was not the dress for her – it was supposed to skim not cling.

• Cindy February 11, 2013 at 04:34 #

Well said. A couple of more inches of fabric and we could see an elegant, sexy woman. Instead, all there is to see is boobs.

• TL February 11, 2013 at 05:07 #

• Beta February 11, 2013 at 09:37 #

+1 yes, definitely more Vegas than Paris :P

• anjos February 11, 2013 at 11:58 #

This is exactly why I never liked having bigger breasts. lol I always think any dress looks more classy on women with smaller boobs. Really hard to pull off lots of looks in a high fashion way if you’re not flat chested.

• SilentVisitor February 11, 2013 at 13:14 #

+100

8. Sam February 11, 2013 at 04:24 #

She looks great, but still, her boobs crashed the lookbook style… Maybe a smaller keyhole?

9. robert February 11, 2013 at 04:28 #

It’s not often when a dress looks equally great on a flat chested woman as a busty one. What a lovely shade of green!

• Rashmi February 11, 2013 at 06:17 #

+1. Exactly, what a lovely shade of green, and shez looking gorgeous !

10. Ella February 11, 2013 at 04:37 #

TOO MUCH CLEAVAGE!! Love the color though

11. Leela February 11, 2013 at 05:02 #

She looks nice but.. BOOBS. The dress would have been better on someone with smaller ones, it really killed the gorgeous details

12. LC February 11, 2013 at 05:19 #

it’s way too TIGHT.

13. the ogre February 11, 2013 at 05:28 #

it doesn’t work for me at all. those twins of hers r killing the hell out of this beautiful and elegant dress. i mean it’s nice to wear something so sophisticated and elegant but a completely different thing to look the same as well. i’m disappointed. very.

14. Bengino February 11, 2013 at 06:19 #

It will be more beautiful without the BOOBS!!

15. Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 07:04 #

The keyhole is too distracting, it’s far away from looking nice. I would have loved everything about this look if not for the boobage.

16. Noora February 11, 2013 at 07:22 #

I love the dress! but i don’t think its meant to be worn this tight! love the look though.

17. fozaaa February 11, 2013 at 08:53 #

her skin look radiant, she is a spring (type of beauty) and this green proves it, but she thinks she is a winter. Her hair should be blonde. I tell you that, remember my words:)

18. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 10:13 #

Well had to say something about this dress… yeah she’s busty yeah normally I dont like that, like on kat denning … http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/11/12/kat-dennings-j-mendel-silk-mousseline-strapless-gown/ … but IDK, this picture I guess just eccentuated that but then when I saw her walking on the carpet, she pulled it off! Id say shes number 2 best dressed

19. ash February 11, 2013 at 10:21 #

I never noticed how HUGE her boobs are. She needs to change her hair colour.

20. Noemi February 11, 2013 at 10:51 #

Her breasts seem huge with this dress. I don’t think it works, this dress need small breast.

21. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 11, 2013 at 11:05 #

Wow, a fresh breath of mint air!! This mint green conservative Gucci gown with delicate floral neckline is quite a refreshing look for the usually-quirky Katy Perry!! Love the glossy waves and the curves are to-die-for!! Katy Perry stuns it all!!

22. Jess2 February 11, 2013 at 11:06 #

I really really love this! I think it is my favourite Katy look this year! She looks maxing!

23. jeremyrain February 11, 2013 at 11:39 #

Well, the dress code is no “sideboob” so she went ‘cleavage’. Way to find a loop *rolled eyes* I personally find this tacky.

24. Lola February 11, 2013 at 12:29 #

You know what… This gown has been modified from the version presented in the lookbook. There is way less embellishment. Seems like Katy’s team chose/modified this gown to actually exaggerate her chest. Not needed, in my opinion.

• Lola February 11, 2013 at 12:30 #

Actually, now that I look closer it it the same embellishment but on the model is joined at the top, on Katy’s it looks like it has been unbuttoned. Perhaps they couldn’t fit it on properly??

25. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 12:45 #

Elegant in the lookbook, sexy bordering on trashy on Katy. Love the color, but not a fan of those embellishments.

26. Anne February 11, 2013 at 13:23 #

If ya got it, flaunt it! I’m not bothered by her ample bosom showing for this particular event, but I do agree with those that the dress was a bit too tight overall. What an amazing color on her, though

• Alina February 11, 2013 at 16:12 #

• bas February 11, 2013 at 20:34 #

totally agree. Why should busty girls always hide their assets? I agre that maybe it was kind of tight, but she looked gorgeous nonetheles. She can rock this look in the grammys, this wasn’t Cannes.

27. Derro February 11, 2013 at 13:25 #

So sick of commenters insisting that a dress instantly becomes trashy the second a large-busted woman wears it. Having small boobs doesn’t make you classy. Having big boobs doesn’t make you trashy. People need to stop making such stupid associations because it’s borderline discrimination. This is why people get mad when they say fashion only wants to cater to stick-thin straight-up-and-down women. There is NOTHING wrong with having a figure that is curvier than that and there is nothing wrong with wearing a dress that – gasp! – doesn’t try to cover up those curves. Let’s get real here people. Stop associating stick thin and small chested with “classy” and with the opposite as “trashy”. It’s messed up and it’s unfair.

• Kathy February 11, 2013 at 18:56 #

I don’t think people are implying that bigger boobs makes someone trashy. It’s the fact that Katy’s dress is too tight, a poor fit, and obviously putting the focus in the wrong place. The dress has such gorgeous embellishments and color, yet she ruins that with in-your-face cleavage. If she were to wear a purposely figure-hugging bandage dress, it would be fine, but this number is not a dress meant to show off the wearer’s cleavage. That’s what makes it trashy…that she doesn’t seem to know the time and place to flaunt.

• SilentVisitor February 11, 2013 at 21:57 #

Totally agree with you Kathy. I don’t see how the original poster read that people associate busty with trashy……..just incredible!!! I do believe the fit is wrong, this dress is just not for her….great color though

• Caitlin February 11, 2013 at 22:21 #

Derro, I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t think people are associating big boobs with trashiness – simply the way your assets are presented. I have pretty big boobs myself and would not wear something like this. I think people would say the same if a thin woman was wearing something that was way too short and showing too much leg or bum cheek. Dressing sexy is fine, but only (I sound like my mother here) if you leave something to the imagination.

28. EmmaWoodhouse February 11, 2013 at 13:33 #

OH KATY NO!!!!!! I was so hoping that she would be chic and classy, but the gaping keyhole makes this look very tacky. If it had been a closed high neckline this would have been one of my faves–the green is lovely on her. As it is it’s a major comedown.

29. JJovana February 11, 2013 at 14:24 #

Her boobs are AMAZING…but its little too trashy for me. Very Vegas and not in a good way. Great color..but too tight and those embelishments do not do anything for her.

30. jones19 February 11, 2013 at 14:42 #

She looks amazing and as a big breasted woman I feel her pain, it’s hard to dress those curves without looking trashy.

31. Joy February 11, 2013 at 15:47 #

WAY TOO MUCH BOOBAGE!!! I like the dress a lot and I keep looking at it wanting to like it, but all I can see are these giant boobs!!!! Yikes!

32. Grace Patricia February 11, 2013 at 19:05 #

Keyholes are much more elegant on smaller boobs. I don’t like it!

• Kate February 11, 2013 at 21:35 #

Yes, I’m not sure why, but major keyhole cleavage is way more distracting and tacky than a run of the mill, low cut neckline. Maybe because we have the trifecta of upper boob, side boob AND under boob. Too much.

33. TeaAtTwo February 11, 2013 at 19:50 #

Her Cennamo dress in this colour would have been a better option. The beaded clasp in the middle looks as if it’s holding on for dear life.

34. arang February 11, 2013 at 20:36 #

Didn’t Fergie just wear a similar black dress from this collection? Both ladies suffer from the same problem; their vavoom figures are too much for a dress designed for twiggier figures. Like the girlyness and the color on Katy, but the fit is just all wrong for her chest.

35. Amy February 11, 2013 at 21:15 #

Li Bingbing wore this last year, and I almost didn’t recognize that they’re the same dress! “bustiness” works better for me here since Katy was able to give it some shape. http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/category/blog/blog-celebrities/li-bingbing/

36. Lalitha February 12, 2013 at 04:54 #

I love this dress: the soft colour, the embellishment, the silhouette. She looks great!

37. Liz February 12, 2013 at 15:40 #

Katy looks AMAZING!!! And I personally LOVE her gorgeous cleavage. Why does she have to hide it? It’s not trashy at all! On the model, this dress is totally dull.

38. Mana February 15, 2013 at 23:54 #

She looks really pretty of course, but I don’t know why she has the need to show her big boobies, everyone know she has a big pair, but this is in the line of tacky.

39. Faye - Boutique Bag Lady February 17, 2013 at 15:36 #

This is a very fashionably chic look on Katy Perry! I’m jealous.