11.02.13

Kat Dennings In Vivienne Westwood – 2013 Grammy Awards

2013Grammys_KatDennings

Kat Dennings attended the 2013 Grammy Awards hosted at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California this evening.

For her presenter duties, the ’2 Broke Girls’ starlet wore a strapless Vivienne Westwood cocktail dress that didn’t translate as richly as I would have liked.

It was a structured, architectural design, but like this funny girl, it didn’t take itself too seriously. After all, the blue and white print, glittery with sequins, was slightly reminiscent of tie-dye.

That pendant necklace didn’t really belong, though, nor did those chunky nude platform, peep-toe pumps.

Her dramatic oxblood lip and nails, not to mention her long dark locks, put this look on vampy territory.

Did this ensemble fall short for you?

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab - 2014 Grammy Awards

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab – 2014 Grammy Awards

Rihanna In Azzedine Alaia - 2013 Grammy Awards

Rihanna In Azzedine Alaia – 2013 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Kat Dennings In Vivienne Westwood – 2013 Grammy Awards

1. arang February 11, 2013 at 02:14 #

Like the dress but her styling seems all wrong here. Hair and makeup are doing one thing, dress another thing, and shoes yet another. The dress seems a bit small for her too. Too bad.

• Enjaneek February 11, 2013 at 03:01 #

I agree. Gorgeous girl, terrible stuling, esp. The shoes.

• Noemi February 11, 2013 at 10:17 #

I agree with you. I like the dress, but the fit is bad and everything else is wrong and ugly.

• dee February 11, 2013 at 13:32 #

I agree.

2. Angela February 11, 2013 at 02:22 #

Oh my goodness, before I saw the heading I was POSITIVE this was Lana Del Rey. Des anyone know if Lana will be appearing tonight? I love her ;)
    This look is ok for me. I like the wine lips, the dress, and the shoes separately, but together I’m a bit confused. I don’t know what it’s supposed to be.

3. Nat39 February 11, 2013 at 02:23 #

Don´t like the dress itself and she didn´t style it well. Love makeup and hair on their own.

4. Angela February 11, 2013 at 02:32 #

I’m sorry if I said this twice, not sure if my comment went through:
    At first glance, I was nearly positive this was Lana Del Rey! Does anybody know if she will be attending tonight? I love seeing her hit the red carpet. Anyway, this look is mediocre to me. I like all the elements separated, but I don’t understand this look all put together.

5. Christine February 11, 2013 at 02:45 #

The necklace is not needed and them shoes are fug.

• Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 06:50 #

Agreed.

6. Eve_V February 11, 2013 at 03:02 #

I think with a few minor modifications in the fit and length this could have been a spectacular red carpet moment. Meaning, if it was a moderate mermaid type of gown and it wasn’t all scrunchy in her waist and stomach area, I would have LOVED it.

7. Shaina February 11, 2013 at 03:18 #

Boring, the hair and makeup is flawless though.

8. MaddyEliza February 11, 2013 at 03:20 #

This is a super cool look. Not one of my best dressed, but I really like it.

9. Jessica February 11, 2013 at 03:25 #

I actually really like this. She looks great and the dress is different from other ones I have seen on the red carpet recently.

10. kiwi February 11, 2013 at 08:14 #

I love her make up.. everything else needs to change

11. Alex February 11, 2013 at 09:35 #

I actually ❤ it!
    All of it!

12. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 10:34 #

I know she is being really trendy with the new matte dark lip, but Im sorry it doesnt look right on ANYONE!!! It just looks all dried up like a withering grape or something, make the matte dark lips go away! I can pay attention to anythign else

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 11, 2013 at 13:27 #

Her styling looks like it’s supposed to go with a totally different dress. The dark lip doesn’t work for her very well. The dress–it could have been fun but ends up look crushed. And a little too lowcut.

• jones19 February 11, 2013 at 14:51 #

“Her styling looks like it’s supposed to go with a totally different dress.” Could not agree more, I like the dress on her but she let it down with her lackluster styling.

14. Slash February 11, 2013 at 13:57 #

Sorry, didn’t Kate Beckinsale already wore this dress, like year ago? Anyway, I don’t like it on Kat, with the styling and fitting…

15. A Pampilha February 11, 2013 at 17:56 #

Not a good choice for Kat Denningsr. Without a perfect combination with dress, hair, make up and acessories, looks awful.
    Kisses and Hugs
    A Pampilha

16. Louise February 12, 2013 at 10:14 #

No. The fitting seems aweful. Don’t like the shoes and jewellery either. Only flattering part is her makeup and hair.