11.02.13

Carrie Underwood In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

Carrie Underwood In Roberto Cavalli - 2013 Grammy Awards

Carrie Underwood was one of the first celebrities to hit the red carpet Sunday evening at the Los Angeles Staples Center.

Nominated for two Grammy awards, the country music songstress wore a black, strapless Roberto Cavalli gown for her big night.

The lace and embroidered, curve-hugging mermaid silhouette looked so elegant on the singer. The look was unexpectedly elegant, in fact, given the rock ‘n roll vibe of the typical Grammy carpet.

Carrie’s dress had a very slight sweetheart neckline which was a perfect cut to show off her 381-carat diamond necklace from Johnathon Arndt. She may have brought ladylike style to the event, but she sure didn’t leave any want for bling.

To keep the classy vibe continuing into the beauty department she paired the look with loose waves, a smokey eye and nude lip.

Credit: Getty

Adele In Valentino Couture - 2013 Grammy Awards

Adele In Valentino Couture – 2013 Grammy Awards

Miranda Lambert In Roberto Cavalli - 2013 Grammy Awards

Miranda Lambert In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

1. shontay February 11, 2013 at 00:27 #

I love everything about this. Would’ve loved it more with her hair up just because she wears it down so much.

2. Francois Bresmal February 11, 2013 at 00:35 #

It looked perfect in the videos but looks blah in the pictures, such a shame cause she’s radiant

3. Christine February 11, 2013 at 00:40 #

This is nothing new from her.

4. Shaina February 11, 2013 at 00:42 #

I can’t get on board with this look, maybe its the sweet, girly styling with such a sexy, edgy dress. Not too sure.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 11, 2013 at 00:57 #

Not usually a fan of Cavalli but this is a cool dress for sure. Perfectly fitted, not sitting too low, no unfortunate sheer skirts. It’s a great look for Carrie–but I would have worn a gunmetal-toned necklace and pulled back my hair if I were her. This needed a bit tougher styling. Still a good look.

• Marybeth February 11, 2013 at 01:37 #

I think the styling you suggest would have made this nice look a great one.

• Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 06:15 #

Agreed.

• Beta February 11, 2013 at 10:29 #

+1 agree, the dress is amazing, and im not usually a cavalli fan at all. Im not a big fan of her hair and makeup (too caked up imo), and the necklace is a bit off also.

6. arang February 11, 2013 at 01:38 #

She looks just fabulous in this. Agree with Emma that a gunmetal-tone would have been better in the necklace, but everything else seems spot on.

7. Angela February 11, 2013 at 02:00 #

Same hair and makeup as always. The moody glamour of the dress would’ve been complimented by a sleek hairstyle, not princess curls. Also, the jewels don’t match the gown at all. They are too prissy and feminine for this gown.

8. Pedro February 11, 2013 at 03:08 #

Beautiful dress but not on her!

Save this dress for someone like Catherine Zeta-Jones

9. MaddyEliza February 11, 2013 at 03:16 #

Love this look. Carrie is always so well-dressed. She always looks amazing.

10. Sam February 11, 2013 at 04:39 #

Completely adore this look. I think it’s my Grammy’s favourite so far…

11. Rebecca Z February 11, 2013 at 04:42 #

Gorgeous. Less princessy than usual. I really like this. Maybe next she’ll go for a sophisticated hairstyle.

12. snowlion February 11, 2013 at 09:05 #

More Boring Barbie.

13. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 10:41 #

Why wouldnt you show a close up of that BLINGING necklace, man that necklace… she shouldve worn white… this IDK this reminds me of a wedding dress that like someone who doesnt know very much about fashion would pick out and feels like she’s being classy, but really in the back of her mind she just wanted to look like barbie. man im mean… but its TRUE!

14. Jess2 February 11, 2013 at 11:49 #

I think there is a disconnect between the neck up and neck down. The dress says Grammys sexy while the hair, makeup and necklace says princess. Not working for me.

• jones19 February 11, 2013 at 15:12 #

+1. a sleek ponytail and edgier jewels would have made this a home run.

15. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 13:15 #

Absolutely beautiful, but the silver/diamond necklace is too jarring with the black/grey dress.

16. Lisa February 11, 2013 at 14:36 #

She should have worn this when she performed… (wait didn’t I say this for Miranda also? yes I did)

17. Louise February 12, 2013 at 10:26 #

Last year’s dress was more wowing than this one. It’s a really pretty dress and she looks really pretty in it too but it’s way too classy in my opinion, like she’s going to a ball or some high profile dinner party.