Beyoncé Knowles In Osman – 2013 Grammy Awards

2013Grammys_Beyonce

After stunning in black leather and lace for the Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show, Beyoncé Knowles went for a different sort of sizzle at the 2013 Grammy Awards, hosted tonight at California’s Staples Center.

The ‘Love on Top’ nominee skipped those skin-baring gowns and sparkling statements for an ultra-cool, black-and-white jumpsuit by Osman. It was a delightful departure.

The Spring 2013 look may have thrown some for a loop, but I loved the graphic lines of this ensemble and its strong shoulder.

There was an underlying va-va-voom vibe here; or maybe it was just Bey bringing her “it girl” glam factor.

Geometric black-and-white bangles, Jimmy Choo ‘Kalpa’ sandals and Swarovski’s ‘Gemma’ clutch complemented the suit. This style icon finished the look with a sleek ponytail and red lip.

Credit: Getty

42 thoughts on “Beyoncé Knowles In Osman – 2013 Grammy Awards

1. Anne

The top is very Balenciaga-esque. I don’t know that I love the pants for the Grammys, but you can’t deny Bey looks great. Fab geometric bracelet, too

2. june

bey is twice as covered up as some of her fellow attendees but she’s twice as sexy without trying anywhere near as hard. bey doesn’t need to pout sexily or give us a doe eyed look. it’s her confidence and her stance which sells this.

3. Shaina

I adore this look and especially love her makeup. I do wish we would have worn something a little more exciting look but she looks great nonetheless.

4. Angela

Love the modern vibe I’m getting from this, the red lip is to die for and the geometric bracelets were the offer ttouc. It may not be dramatic, but thus far it’s one of my faves.

5. Liz

Very chic!! It’s tame for both her and the Grammys, but I guess she was there to support her hubby more than anything. I love how she can go from being “Sasha Fierce” to just being Beyonce. This is such a contrast to the Beyonce at the Superbowl. I love her.

6. Marybeth

I’m not a big fan of jumpsuits and I prefer dresses to pants on the red carpet, but I LOVE this.
    It’s a sharp, chic look, beautifully styled.
    A breath of fresh air — and one of my best dressed of the night.

7. NotAgain

I live this ensemble too….for a shopping trip or lunch date, but this is the Grammy’s, and it just looked lazy and out if place.

8. Leigh

As great as she looks – and that’s pretty great – its very tame for the Grammy’s! This outfit looks like something she might wear courtside at a basketball game or tennis match!

9. Gabby M

I dont understand this at all. The GRAMMYs IS the BIGGEST night of a musicians career yes? well almost… I mean beyonce DID perform in front of millions of viewers a few days ago… so maybe she just didnt care anymore? LOL! This is just not event friendly… theres really nothing wrong with this except for the fact that I can see her going shopping in it, just… ordinary. classy it up girl… wear a gown… always…

1. Simon

I DON’T agree at all ! she look chic without trying too hard and she didn’t perform or recieve a grammy on the main event so it was very clever not trying too hard and give us another givenchy met gala dress that we don’t want.
      I’m happy with this look.

2. Grace

This seriously is the type of outfit she wears to lunch and Barney’s. I don’t think it’s Grammy’s appropriate.

10. Jess2

A plus! I am so in love with this look, her best of the year! Everything about this look is right. This is about 5 times better than Solange’s look. Outstanding!

11. jeremyrain

I kinda like it. I don’t know why but she looks really effortless in this. Although I wish the pants could be better.

1. Catherine Kallon

I’m obsessed with it. She was truly original and not following norm at this event.

I never expected her to wear something like this to grammys but she totally pulled it off

12. EmmaWoodhouse

it’s a very simple look and not somethign that I would usually consider to be my style but she’s working it. She seems relaxed and chic.

13. Giada

I really like this. Not a total wow, but it’s modern, fresh and different. I like the fact that she is going for more minimalist, modern looks lately. And that jewelry really is to die for. The ring is the same as Jennifer Lopez wore to the Golden Globes afterparty. The bracelet is roughly the same. So if I’m not mistaken, the jewelry is by Lorraine Schwartz.

14. jones19

Love that she went for something different! She and SJP get kudos from me for rocking pants at the award ceremonies last night :)

15. TeaAtTwo

One of my favourites of the night. Nobody would have picked this for her and she pulled it off. No real hint of Tina Knowles in this look.

16. C

This would work with a more French aesthetic – pared down hair, makeup and styling, but the bleach blonde hair and gimmicky accessories don’t work for me.

17. Louise

I would have said that this was a bit too simple for the grammys but it’s on beyonce, with the curves and that vibrant energy she brings. I love it!