11.02.13

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 27th Annual Outstanding Achievement Awards

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace - 27th Annual Outstanding Achievement Awards

Angelina Jolie attended The American Society of Cinematographers’ 27th Annual Outstanding Achievement Awards at the Grand Ballroom at the Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, California yesterday.

The actress wore an Atelier Versace dress.

Not the sexy Atelier Versace dress you were expecting, but event appropriate and what we’ve come to expect from Angelina nonetheless.

I guess her right leg is now in retirement after last year’s fiascos.

Silver peep-toes, gold earrings and barely-there makeup completed her look.

Credit: Courtesy of Versace/Getty

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace - 'Spring Breakers' Berlin Premiere

Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace – ‘Spring Breakers’ Berlin Premiere

33 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 27th Annual Outstanding Achievement Awards

1. Sara February 11, 2013 at 17:58 #

“I’m sure when you read the title you were numb with excitement, only to discover that the actress was wearing a grey cashmere-wool long-sleeved dress which has a ruched bodice, sits slightly off-the-shoulder and has a draped detail accented with a waistband.”

Exactly what happened here. She looks beautiful nonetheless.

2. jones19 February 11, 2013 at 18:06 #

She looks nice but silver peep toes paired with gold earrings baffle me.

3. roxy February 11, 2013 at 18:11 #

The dress is nice but so aging. It would be aging on Sally Fields!

4. Rebecca Z February 11, 2013 at 18:13 #

I think she looks really beautiful and, as noted, event appropriate. I love this dress.

• Christine February 12, 2013 at 04:17 #

+1 Apart from the shoes.

• Danny January 13, 2014 at 21:19 #

Do you maybe know where the shoes are from (who’s the designer)??

5. Abigail February 11, 2013 at 18:19 #

This reminds me of the amazing dress suit she wore in The Tourist.

6. Nat39 February 11, 2013 at 18:20 #

It would’ve looked less dull in a more vibrant colour.

• Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 19:32 #

That came to my mind too.

7. Grace Patricia February 11, 2013 at 18:24 #

Just ok. Grey can make anyone depressed.

8. shap_half February 11, 2013 at 18:31 #

I find her style so boring. She’s just too gorgeous to be this uninspiring, stylewise.

9. Pedro February 11, 2013 at 18:40 #

Event appropriate but she is sooooo skin! :/

I miss the 2005/2007 Angelina

10. dee February 11, 2013 at 18:58 #

She looks nice but this not exciting.

11. d February 11, 2013 at 19:03 #

if she has nice hair style it would make things bit more exciting

12. Mari February 11, 2013 at 19:44 #

She s looking good! She looks verybevent appropriate. She was there honoring someone else, a cinematographers who has worked in many movies, and particularly in the one she directed, so shepresentedthe award to him, others behind the camera were the stars of the show.

13. arang February 11, 2013 at 19:50 #

She looks lovely, very understated and elegant. That neckline and bodice work beautifully on her. I like the gray. It shows off the luxe fabric.

14. TeaAtTwo February 11, 2013 at 19:57 #

Doesn’t Donatella and her team get bored when designing for Angelina? To be fair Versace’s recent collections haven’t been all that. This is elegant and event appropriate. A brighter colour would’ve been great.

15. rita February 11, 2013 at 20:03 #

I know that I am in the minority but I have always find Angie’s style very “old Hollywood” like which is really welcome in this new era of every celebrity being either half naked or too “edgy”. I think it suits her personality perfectly, it’s always elegant and event appropriate and I’ve noticed that when she goes on the other side, she ends up looking ridiculous (last year’s Oscar remains in everyone’s mind :-s). I feel like she is someone very serious in all aspect of her life, same on the Red Carpet. She has a very specific style and doesn’t try to change it. More colours would be welcome though, especially green and red who are her best friends in my opinion!

• arang February 11, 2013 at 20:23 #

I agree. She seems very “old Hollywood” glamour to me, and I like it. I also think she’s become a more serious person: one who’s not as interested in working to catch people’s attention (at least in this way). And let’s face it, she doesn’t need to work for it. She’s Angelina Jolie. :)

• Kate February 11, 2013 at 20:30 #

I agree. We can debate whether she thinks she’s above putting in the effort, as some think. I don’t see any evidence for it and to me, when she gets it right, she is effortlessly elegant. The fabric and construction of this dress is gorgeous and she looks lovely and assured. The only aspect I can quibble about is her hair, as the hairline looks slightly odd and messy.

• dressaddict February 11, 2013 at 21:50 #

That’s very interesting, I think you quite captured the essence of her. I will look at Angelina with different eyes from now on, that’s just her, you’re right.

• rita February 11, 2013 at 22:09 #

She just like the simplicity of a dress. I have followed her entire career and found that she has a very “classic” fashion sense. Always neutral colours, simple linings, nothing fussy. Very few accessories, it’s who she has always been, even in her “wild” past, she never went for the edgy or colourful fashion sense. Always black, grey, cream or beige, white and when she’s having fun, she either chooses red or green (that’s when she looks the best IMO). I personally think, she is one of the easiest celebrity to dress, since she doesn’t seem to ask for a lot when designing a dress for her! I would like to see her back in a good of jeans though. I saw “salt” and realized how we never see her wearing jeans, not since she met Brad Pitt at least, it’s quite weird…

• chariname February 12, 2013 at 00:54 #

I agree, a lot of people nowadays tend to establish a person as a fashion wonder if one always tops the best dressed lists and always land on the red carpet and making a sweeping statement diva moments where they leave everyone breathless because of their choices. But unfortunately, that is not a style icon. A style icon is fundamentally absent one of those wow moments, or if they have, it is not as many compare to other celebrities. Angelina has established a point of reference, a style that she can be forever identified on to her and a fashion code that behooves itself from many other celebs alike.

16. LeeAnn February 11, 2013 at 20:20 #

I love this dress- it is the styling that is off

17. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 21:01 #

This looks rather old for her, I mean she is gettign up there in years but I think this would be better off for a women 58+ yrs old…

18. EmmaWoodhouse February 11, 2013 at 22:23 #

Slightly too lowcut but I do really like this elegant look, as rita said I get an Old Hollywood vibe from her.

19. Amy February 11, 2013 at 22:33 #

wow too miss secretary for me. I don’t get Angie’s fascination to make herself look way older than she is.This dress belongs to Helen Mirren, or Meryl Streep

20. Prudence February 11, 2013 at 22:46 #

had that dress been green or like a cranbery it would have made a world of difference. these grey tones they always put on her take away from her beauty. and there is NO WAY this is an atelier piece, like are you for real?? this would be a versace for target piece!!

21. Ellie February 11, 2013 at 22:52 #

She looks SKINNY!! This type of sleaves make her arms appear even skinnier. It freaks me out. I thought this was only a phase, but now it is scary…

22. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 11, 2013 at 23:39 #

Matronly. Better suited to the divine Dame Helen Mirren.

23. ash February 12, 2013 at 00:08 #

She looks classy as always.. I’m wondering though, does she pay for all of her atelier versace dresses or does Donatella just create custom looks for Angelina to borrow? Like what is the deal between Atelier Versace and Angelina?

24. Amber February 12, 2013 at 17:43 #

LMAO at her right leg being in retirement. I guess she gave JLo that job now.

25. Jess2 February 13, 2013 at 11:22 #

I wish the dress was a different, more vibrant colour.