10.02.13 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 BAFTA Awards?

BAFTA Awards Best Dressed

Credit: Getty

2013 BAFTA Awards Menswear Round Up

2013 BAFTA Awards Menswear Round Up

Carly Rae Jepsen In Roberto Cavalli - 2013 Grammy Awards

Carly Rae Jepsen In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

29 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 BAFTA Awards?

1. Christine February 10, 2013 at 23:47 #

Jessica Chastain all the way.

• Alina February 11, 2013 at 12:37 #

ditto.

2. ramsay February 10, 2013 at 23:49 #

Without a doubt Marion – fashion forward, chic and rich
    I hope she gets invited to the Oscars in spite of not being a nominee

3. Rach February 10, 2013 at 23:49 #

You haven’t mentioned Annabelle Wallis, in a post yet. She wore Dolce & Gabbana and looked stunning. You also forgot Henry Cavill in the menswear.

4. Nat39 February 10, 2013 at 23:53 #

Jessica Chastain, followed by Marion (sans necklace).

• Marybeth February 11, 2013 at 01:20 #

Agreed. Jessica for the win and, if we are allowed to remove her necklace, Marion for runner-up.

(If Marion refuses to give up the necklace, I just might knock her down to third and give Anne Hathaway the runner-up spot!)

• Rita February 11, 2013 at 05:20 #

Couldn’t agree more.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 10, 2013 at 23:59 #

Was worried that we’d have a black overdose, but some bright pops of color sure helped this event out. Jessica is my hands down winner, followed Jennifer Lawrence, Hayley Atwell (not here), Helen Mirren (except for the hair), Anne Hathaway, and Jennifer Garner. Also like Marion’s bold look except for the sheer insert.

6. michelle February 11, 2013 at 00:06 #

marion and jessica are the best, but I went with marion, I just screamed when I saw her.

Question: Can you tell me who designed Natalie Dormer’s dress? You missed her and she looked quite beautiful in my opinion. Thanks.

7. Paddy Mulholland February 11, 2013 at 00:14 #

Is this post not extremely premature? There were many famous faces in attendance whose looks have not been featured. I know you guys try to include as many looks as possible from major events like these, but the coverage is normally a little more thorough.

• Catherine Kallon February 11, 2013 at 01:01 #

No. Like any publication you have to close an event when you have covered everyone you wanted to cover, which we have.

The Grammys posts are going up no. We work hard and do as much as possible but apparently it is not enough for you, so we have to satisfy ourselves that we have done enough, and we have.

• Paddy Mulholland February 11, 2013 at 12:45 #

It was just a query, not a criticism. It is quite enough for me.

• Catherine Kallon February 11, 2013 at 17:39 #

so why?…never mind

8. jessicamarantelli February 11, 2013 at 00:18 #

went with Marion even though I wanted Jennifer to wear that dress on Oscar Night but still love that dress. That said you missed my other fav. Hayley Atwell.

9. Luis February 11, 2013 at 00:52 #

Marion Cotillard and Zawe Ashton… Zave it isn’t in the poll so easy Marion!

• Luis February 11, 2013 at 00:55 #

I’m happy that I can’t see Marion horrible shoes!

10. SilentVisitor February 11, 2013 at 01:14 #

My vote goes to Marion Cotillard
    Runner-ups: Helen Mirren and Jessica Chastain

11. CreoleLady February 11, 2013 at 01:25 #

Jessica Chastain and Helen Mirren are both going on my BDOTY contender list.

12. rachel ladipo February 11, 2013 at 02:31 #

Amy Adams, Elizabeth Olsen and Marion Cotillard. In that order!

13. Cindy February 11, 2013 at 04:13 #

Tough one! Everyone looks amazing! Jessica got my vote, but Helen looks exquisite. Marion, Anne and Amy get 2 big thumbs up.

14. Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 05:54 #

Jessica Chastain looked breathtaking, she gets my vote. Marion Cotillard is my runner-up.

15. Sammy C February 11, 2013 at 07:59 #

1. Jessica Chastain
    2. Jennifer Garner
    3. Marion Cotillard

Except Elizabeth Olsen, the rest of the best dressed were also on my list :)

16. Annel February 11, 2013 at 10:19 #

Went for Marion. Adore the futuristic sheer triangle and the vibrant colour. But I would have gont for Alicia Vikander had she been listed. A low-key yet very elegant, simple and confident look.

17. Marta February 11, 2013 at 10:41 #

It’s a shame the poll wasn’t expanded, because my two favourites weren’t included in it: Gemma and Hayley. Especially Gemma looked stunning in my opinion and looked waaay better than Jennifer Lawrence. Great shame =( such an exquisite look.

18. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 10:56 #

lets just say im not surprised at all i usually can guess which one will be the favorite but know which one is mine and that would the the second one because I am just so very fond of incredibly well designed black lace and beaded embellishments, I guess it always remind me of something kinky, but knowing this look is very classy, just reminds me of days gone by, like maybe you could find a grandmas old scarf and its have lacing on it, or goth-victorian style… just darkly romantic… but then again I think vampires are sexy, and she look like such a temptress in this hehe

19. Camille February 11, 2013 at 14:31 #

Gemma Aterton!

20. Colleen February 11, 2013 at 15:13 #

I was so torn between Jessica Chastain and Marion Cotillard – the colors of both their gowns just blew me away and they both look unbelievably stunning, but Jessica won out in the end. I just could not get past the sheer triangle on Marion’s dress. Totally unnecessary, IMO.

21. jones19 February 11, 2013 at 15:47 #

Difficult choice between Marion and Jessica Chastain but I have to vote for Marion since she was more fashion forward.

22. Laura February 11, 2013 at 16:48 #

Marion Cotillard. Because of the weather and these black dresses, I really needed colors.