10.02.13

Thandie Newton In Louis Vuitton-2013 BAFTA Awards

Thandie Newton in Louis Vuitton - 2013 BAFTA AwardsThandie Newton must have been in a seductive mood, as she hit the red carpet at Sunday’s 2013 BAFTA Awards, held at London’s Royal Opera House.

The British actress followed the lace trend with her black Louis Vuitton halter gown.

She also capitalized on that frequently seen thigh-high slit, not to mention the sheer and solid obsession, as the itty bitty LBD was overlaid with see-through laciness.

Thandie paired the dress with a black handbag and gold Art-Deco-inspired earrings.

A bold red lip and tightly wound, side-swept curls finished this vamp-star look, although the overall effect may have translated more sleekly with a simple updo.

Credit: Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - 2014 BAFTAs

Naomie Harris In Gucci – 2014 BAFTAs

Sally Field In Antonio Berardi - 2013 BAFTA Awards

Sally Field In Antonio Berardi – 2013 BAFTA Awards

16 Responses to Thandie Newton In Louis Vuitton-2013 BAFTA Awards

1. Yeliz February 10, 2013 at 22:07 #

Not wowed by this look and I wished her hair was up.

2. Nat39 February 10, 2013 at 22:10 #

The hair is a bit too much, it makes it overly fussy with all the laciness, wish she’d opted for a more delicate minaudiere.

3. Christine February 10, 2013 at 22:10 #

She is pretty. I sorta like this look.

4. TeaAtTwo February 10, 2013 at 22:14 #

Adore Thandie but that feeling doesn’t extend to this dress. I’m not a fan of most sheer skirted gowns. The hair, make-up and earrings look fun though.

5. Sammy C February 10, 2013 at 22:19 #

I love her hair like this. Im not crazy about the dress. I don’t hate it, but if anything, rather than wear her hair up I wish she would have chosen some other outfit to suit her styling better… Her curls to the side, make up and earrings are just gorgeous.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 10, 2013 at 22:31 #

Usually love her style on the RC, but here it doesn’t work for me. The dress is overly fussy, overly revealing, and her hair just compounds the badness of it.

• Neli February 10, 2013 at 23:21 #

+ 1

7. justme February 10, 2013 at 23:31 #

I think she looks great from the neck up. I love her hair like that, the lipstick is hot and so are the earrings.
    I just don’t like the dress.

8. GGG February 11, 2013 at 00:13 #

I love the whole look. Normally her make-up is quite understated and her hair is straight w/ a minimal look. She looks positively luscious here! I adore how unexpected it is for her – from head to toe.

9. tee February 11, 2013 at 01:30 #

I can’t believe all the negative comments about Thandie’s hair. I have never seen it look more beautiful or feminine. The dress looks spectacular on her too. Haters fall back!

• Dee February 11, 2013 at 04:01 #

Seriously guys? The hair is gorgeous! I am so tired of seeing the same flippy side-swept waves everywhere. I think her hair adds so much to the beautiful detail on that gown.

• ahot February 11, 2013 at 09:08 #

I agree! & I am in love with her natural curls. We need more curly heads on redcarpets.

• rath February 11, 2013 at 10:35 #

Yeah love it! I heard she’s not slicking it back or straightening so her daughters wont judge their own curls…what an amazing mother too!

10. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 15:17 #

Not wowed by the looks. I like the curly hair, but wish it wasn’t all off on one side.

11. Jones19 February 11, 2013 at 15:31 #

She looked a lot better on TV. Those pics aren’t doing her justice.

12. Victoria July 22, 2013 at 17:09 #

Thandie is gorgeous as always, however, I wish she had opted to not wear hair extensions for BAFTA; the bottom half of her hair is a completely different color/ curl pattern. I really prefer her natural, shorter curls.