10.02.13

Charlize Theron In Gucci – Cinema For Peace Gala 2013

Cinema For Peace Gala 2013

Charlize Theron was elegance personified on the red carpet for the 2013 Cinema For Peace Gala, held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Germany on Saturday night which took place during the 2013 Berlinale Film Festival.

Surprisingly, the actress wasn’t wearing Dior; instead she selected a grey satin Gucci strapless gown, which featured a gathered embellished detail at the waist.

I love the slicked-back do. I think I would’ve lacked the confidence to rock such a short hairstyle in such a chic way.

I’m also obsessed with her deep rouge lip. It was overplayed during the summer, but it adds a wicked touch to her sultry look on this occasion.

Tiffany & Co. jewels, Jimmy Choo ‘Fayme’ sandals and a silver Jimmy Choo clutch provided the finishing touches

Credit: Getty

Amanda Seyfried In Nina Ricci - ‘Les Miserables’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Nina Ricci – ‘Les Miserables’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Elie Saab - ‘Lovelace’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Elie Saab – ‘Lovelace’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

31 Responses to Charlize Theron In Gucci – Cinema For Peace Gala 2013

1. Christine February 10, 2013 at 05:01 #

Gorgeous.

• dee February 11, 2013 at 13:56 #

Agreed.

2. JGH February 10, 2013 at 05:46 #

this woman is so beautiful i feel like she’s one of the few women who can really pull off this hair and still look glam as all hell.

3. Yeliz February 10, 2013 at 07:44 #

This looks so BDOTW worthy. I missed Charlize on the red carpet and now seeing her looking so stunning and perfect made me happy.

4. msd February 10, 2013 at 08:06 #

An effortless look from her. Very well done.

5. rashmi February 10, 2013 at 08:26 #

BDOTY for me! Amazing Poise!

6. Ysatis February 10, 2013 at 10:01 #

Flawless

7. Louise February 10, 2013 at 10:08 #

She’s fabulous, and her confidence just tops it all off!

8. Jess2 February 10, 2013 at 10:18 #

Perfection! So statuesque and elegant, BDOTW!

9. Pati February 10, 2013 at 10:59 #

Love it! It has that “old Hollywood glamour” vibe to it. Beautiful.

10. Wafa Al-Alawi February 10, 2013 at 12:30 #

goddess :)

11. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 10, 2013 at 12:37 #

Aloha Charlize Theron, how much we miss the Evil Queen!! The former SWATH star looks every bit the screen goddess in this simple blush Gucci gown, love the embellished waist detail!! That slicked back do and blood red lip is simply outstanding!! Considering her buzz cut, Charlize looked stunning!! Definitely BDOTW contender for her!! Welcome back!!

12. Pedro February 10, 2013 at 13:17 #

Wow, she looks stunning!

So regal

LOVE

13. kiwi February 10, 2013 at 13:32 #

The gown is great etc but I am finding it difficult to look beyond her face and hair.. stunning

14. Sarah February 10, 2013 at 13:32 #

I agree with you on the lipstick. When everyone was doing it late summer last year in so many cases it looked way too forced. For this look its perfect and adds so much to the overall effect. This is why I absolutely love this woman!

15. EmmaWoodhouse February 10, 2013 at 13:38 #

It’s impressive that she can rock that hair so well, and overall she looks very regal and elegant. Would have hiked the dress up a quarter inch on the left (her right) side.

16. justme February 10, 2013 at 14:10 #

Short dark hair really suits her face. Her features are striking and the lipstick is perfect.

17. kennedy February 10, 2013 at 14:37 #

WOW. BDOTW and BDOTY for me! Holy moly! Charlize is BACK. I’m so glad to see her back on the RC- her presence was greatly missed at the Golden Globes. She looks amazing. I hope Anne Hathaway’s stylist and makeup team takes note of how to work a short do. Charlize is so gorgeous it’s unreal.

18. Lee Ann February 10, 2013 at 15:47 #

This is what elegance looks like. Simply perfect.

19. Fay February 10, 2013 at 16:53 #

She looks like a gorgeous statue come to life! I’m glad she chose Gucci. Dior has put her in some crazy stuff like her last Oscar dress. Hope she chooses well for the Oscars. She makes elegance look so effortless!

20. Fromchi-town February 10, 2013 at 17:08 #

OMG… Bdotw… Bdoty. She shut it down!

21. TeaAtTwo February 10, 2013 at 17:25 #

She looks glamorous and elegant with the short hair giving a strong feel. I admire young women who rock short hair so well. The dark lip adds a dose of drama, I love it worn in winter.

22. Jones19 February 10, 2013 at 17:55 #

STUNNING! Love how fierce she looks.

23. Marybeth February 10, 2013 at 18:17 #

Gorgeous. Wonderful.
    Elegant, sophisticated, cool — perhaps even cold, though not in a bad way.

24. Mol February 10, 2013 at 18:54 #

I can only echo all the love for this, Charlize is a superior glamizon girl, love her style!

25. Aline February 10, 2013 at 20:08 #

I don’t like this, mostly because I already don’t usually like short hair and dark lipstick, let alone combined. Plus, the dress gives me an ‘I’ve seen this a thousand times’ vibe.

However, I’m really glad she went for Gucci, ’cause that makes me hopeful she’ll stay away from Dior now that Raf’s in charge. I can’t deal with Queen Charlize being brought down as well as Marion and Jennifer Lawrence.

26. Simon February 10, 2013 at 20:53 #

SHE IS BACK !

27. Dhppy February 10, 2013 at 20:55 #

BDOTY potential!

28. ramsay February 10, 2013 at 23:05 #

Unless it has been renewed (but to my knowledge it hasn’t) Charlize’s 8-year contract with Dior for red carpet exclusivity on such high profile events as the Oscars, Golden Globes and SAG expired in 2012. Now anyway, she wouldn’t have been contractually obligated to wear a Dior dress to this event but many times her 8-yr contract she did wear Dior event to minor events. It’s good to see her pick this dress because there is an overdose sentiment of Simons’ for Dior on the red carpet. There is too much of it and, though a large part is indeed pretty, some is repetitive. But I guess the real test of Charlize’s relationship with Dior will be the Oscars where she will be attending as a presenter.
    On a side note, this Gucci look is OK but her beauty and the styling make it exceptional.

• Beta February 11, 2013 at 12:50 #

ok thanks Ramsay, I was wondering if this dress meant that her contract had expired. Agree with you on the overdose of Raf Simons for Dior, and im a fan, but too much is too much.
      Im totally looking forwards to seeing Chalize at the oscars.
      She looks drop dead gorgeous here, posing with such aplomb.

29. Amy February 11, 2013 at 01:58 #

Charlize Theron is better than the rest of us and she knows. The styling and the attitude make this look