10.02.13

Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood Couture – 2013 BAFTA Awards

Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood - 2013 BAFTA AwardsBritish actress Andrea Riseborough also opted for yellow to chase away the chill at the 2013 BAFTA Awards, hosted on Sunday at the Royal Opera House in London, England.

After her frou-frou- and floral-filled turn in a Chanel Resort 2013 frock at the BAFTA nominees party, Andrea took a harder line with her more straight-laced Vivienne Westwood Couture gown styled with De Beers jewels.

The strapless creation still had some frill factor, though, with the ribbon-like detailing at the bodice.

However, the overall effect wasn’t as polished as it perhaps could have been, as the dress appeared a bit rumpled and wrinkled.

The contrast between Andrea’s jet-black hair, which was haphazardly pulled into an updo, as well as her black handbag and black lacquered nails was all a bit harsh against the yellow.

Such a colour combination should perhaps be left to the bumblebee.

Credit: Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - 2013 BAFTA Awards

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 BAFTA Awards

Gemma Arterton In Celia Kritharioti - 2013 BAFTA Awards

Gemma Arterton In Celia Kritharioti – 2013 BAFTA Awards

19 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood Couture – 2013 BAFTA Awards

1. Iris February 10, 2013 at 21:38 #

The fit, style and colour is beautiful, I just wish she has chosen a funkier hairstyle and a yellow diamond clutch

2. Angela February 10, 2013 at 21:39 #

I saw this on Perez Hilton in a small thumbnail before it was featured and I wasn’t enamored, but now I’m seeing it up and close and personal and I’m gasping at this tragedy. The fabric looks so cheap for a Westwood, and there are so many odd panels and add-ons that clutter this look. This look could’ve been lifted a bit with turquoise jewels and clutch, but the gold necklace adds nothing and the clutch is uninspiring.Yikes.

3. Nat39 February 10, 2013 at 21:39 #

Awful styling, I can live with the necklaces but the frumpy ‘do, the sloppy makeup, the cheap-looking ribbon detailing, the sharp contrasting black clutch and nail polish – all so harsh and sloppy, it’s starting to look tacky.

• Christine February 10, 2013 at 22:09 #

4. Yeliz February 10, 2013 at 21:39 #

This is the second out of place clutch on this red carpet. I like the gown on her, it fits her very well. The hair and necklace are also nice, but I don’t think her makeup artist did a great job.

5. Rach February 10, 2013 at 21:40 #

I think the wrinkles have to slide a bit because it doesn’t look like poor fit to me, more the fact that she was probably sat in the ques of cars waiting for over half an hour!

6. Parvati February 10, 2013 at 21:41 #

It bothers me that she chose the most obvious color combination in the book.

7. jessicamarantelli February 10, 2013 at 21:42 #

I love this dress but I agree that it could have used a stem and probably also a lighter clutch…maybe yellow or diamond. Such beautiful detailing on the dress and dont mind the black nails or her up do. Not best dressed but still very close

8. GirlOne February 10, 2013 at 21:47 #

Is it me or does she look like a pale Tulisa here?

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 10, 2013 at 21:53 #

I like the dress but it needs to be hiked up, too low cut. The necklace is great but she should have gone with a pale glitter clutch instead of black…so harsh. I like that she pulled her hair back.

10. TeaAtTwo February 10, 2013 at 21:57 #

The black clutch, nail polish and the shoes that are peeking out are what bugging me the most. Literally any other colour would have been preferable over black. What was she and her ‘stylist’ thinking when choosing accessories for this pretty yellow shade?

11. Emily February 10, 2013 at 23:01 #

WHAT A RELIEF from BLACK gowns.
    A night full of DULL gowns I find this one a breath of fresh air. What a beauty!

12. ramsay February 10, 2013 at 23:27 #

Ms Westwood please give us another cut for your dresses – you did so with Nicole at the SAG- is it possible to keep it up cause the same dress over and over again in different colours and fabrics is frankly boring us to death…

• sandra February 11, 2013 at 16:15 #

but its ok for EVERYONE ELSE to wear black and boring tube-less dresses. GIVE ME A BREAK.

13. rebecca o February 10, 2013 at 23:49 #

She needs some color on her face badly. Maybe a more interesting necklace, too.

14. Noemi February 11, 2013 at 10:23 #

Great dress, perfect fit. But hairstyle and make up age her. I don’t like the black clutch.

15. Jess2 February 11, 2013 at 12:13 #

This is her best look from the last week or two. The different style and colour is a welcome sight. I also kind of like the black with the yellow.

16. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 15:29 #

The only thing I like is the color of the dress.

17. Jones19 February 11, 2013 at 15:34 #

This dress embodies everything I loathe about Vivienne Westwood.