Amanda Seyfried In Elie Saab – ‘Lovelace’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Elie Saab - ‘Lovelace’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Following this afternoon’s photocall, Amanda Seyfried took the red carpet again for the ‘Lovelace’ Berlinale Film Festival premiere which was actually her third look on Saturday in Berlin, Germany.

I loved this blue Elie Saab Spring 2013 lace gown featuring tiered lace ruffles and horizontal satin stripes on the runway, but the allure is lost with the beige lining.

Granted she can’t wear a sheer lace gown the red carpet without eyebrows being raised, but I’m finding it hard to get excited about Amanda’s gown as she’s presented it.

Alexandre Birman heels, Tiffany & Co. jewels, a dark pink lip colour and soft wavy locks provided the finishing touches to her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Reese Witherspoon Loves Her...Elizabeth and James 'Cynnie' Sling Bag

Reese Witherspoon Loves Her…Elizabeth and James ‘Cynnie’ Sling Bag

Nina Dobrev's Jimmy Choo 'Linda' Glittered Platform Sandals

Nina Dobrev’s Jimmy Choo ‘Linda’ Glittered Platform Sandals

26 Responses to Amanda Seyfried In Elie Saab – ‘Lovelace’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine February 10, 2013 at 05:46 #

The lined version is not translating well on the RC.

• Beta February 11, 2013 at 12:05 #

+1 agree, I dont know how it could have worked, because it’s true the dress is too nude to be worn as presented on the runway, but the beige lining, NO

2. Alex February 10, 2013 at 06:27 #

Almost… But not quite.
    I agree, the lining is unfortunately making the dress less fabulous.
    Beautiful woman, regardless.

3. Yeliz February 10, 2013 at 07:48 #

I can’t think of another way to wear this gown, maybe a nude underlay but I’m not quite sure if that would work. I think Amanda does look beautiful here, but I’m not wowed.

4. chariname February 10, 2013 at 07:51 #

I believe that the dress is favvvvvvvlous in every sense of the word, though it is extremely the same kind of dress Mr Saab has designed; it still manages to draw the line. Perhaps the author of this blog has not chosen a more flattering pic of Ms Amanda that is why she appears to be somewhat rigid and opprobriously lacking of any glamour that is intended to an elie saab gown…here is the link of some pics that would make you think twice

5. Food Poisoned Attorney February 10, 2013 at 07:56 #

Totally agree about the lining. She looks lovely though. Btw, FC Sonam Kapoor recently did another interesting Elie Saab look at Bombay Times Anniversary Party…you have to see it:)

6. msd February 10, 2013 at 08:00 #

Amanda really suits blue. I agree it has less impact but I don’t get designers sending dresses down runways that people can’t wear as is. Perhaps I’m just tired of the sheer trend …

7. Jess2 February 10, 2013 at 10:12 #

I think she looks beautiful and love the bright lip colour.

8. Faellie February 10, 2013 at 10:46 #

If the lining had been in a shade of blue, and the pose had shown off the movement in the skirt, this could have been on the BDOTW list.

• Marybeth February 10, 2013 at 18:22 #

Yes! I was thinking the same thing. If she had used a blue lining it might have worked very well.
      And perhaps she could leave the yoke unlined. I like the lacy yoke on the model.

9. Pati February 10, 2013 at 10:57 #

Yuk! :S The lining completely ruined this beautiful gown…

10. shap_half February 10, 2013 at 11:32 #

I don’t mind the lining. I think she look beautiful. And I enjoy how the style of the hair and the brightness of the make-up give a youthful and casual vibe to the entire look.

• kiwi February 10, 2013 at 13:31 #

11. jd February 10, 2013 at 13:39 #

The runway version without the nude lining is so much better. Kristen Stewart pulled off that nude Zuhair Murad on the red carpet without a lining. Perhaps Amanda Seyfriend could’ve done the same–?

12. JGH February 10, 2013 at 13:42 #

I really don’t understand this. If she was so averse to wearing sheer then why pick out this dress in the first place?

• Pati February 10, 2013 at 17:18 #

Agreed.

13. Olivia February 10, 2013 at 13:45 #

I really like it, I think she looks gorgeous and the make up is so perfect.
    BTW, FC, can you cover the Goya’s tonight? I know you have a lot to do with the BAFTAs, but it would be awesome to see some of my fellow Spanish actress here!
    Olivia

• Olivia February 10, 2013 at 19:30 #

The Goya’s will be next week, FC! I’m sorry!

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 10, 2013 at 13:46 #

Personally I really like the look on Amanda. I couldn’t like the too-sheer runway look. Amanda looks elegant and statuesque.

15. justme February 10, 2013 at 13:55 #

I don’t like the lining either and her hair is very mumsy looking when it’s styled like that. I would have preferred a slick ponytail.

Pretty lipstick though.

16. TeaAtTwo February 10, 2013 at 17:17 #

The lining is preferable over no lining. I like this look and the red lips look good with the blonde hair and blue dress.

17. Anne February 10, 2013 at 17:58 #

Totally agreeing on the lining being off. I’m not sure if it’s the liner color or the material.

18. Aline February 10, 2013 at 20:04 #

It’s not common for me not to like an Elie Saab gown. But when I saw the runway picture I remember I didn’t really like this one. And now Amanda somehow managed to make me really love this look. Plus, I really love her hair and makeup. So it’s an A+ for me.

19. Patricia February 10, 2013 at 20:25 #

“Granted she can’t wear a sheer lace gown the red carpet without eyebrows being raised”… True!, that is why she should let this wonderful dress for a model or a more daring actress ;)

20. Ericka February 10, 2013 at 22:59 #

This just doesn’t work lined and comes across mumsy. A shame.

21. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 15:37 #

Maybe if the liner had been a different color.