Angelababy In Christian Dior – ‘Together’ Beijing Premiere

Angelababy In Christian Dior R13 - 'Together’ Beijing Premiere

Angelababy attended the ‘Together’ premiere held in Beijing, China on Monday.

The actress wore a Christian Dior Resort 2013 flared rose-coloured dress.

Her pretty dress with an open back was styled with gold jewels and her favourite Giuseppe Zanotti quadruple-stacked black peep-toes.

As pretty as her dress is, once again we have a look ruined by those god-awful platform heels. First Zhang Ziyi and now Angelababy.

I’m hoping this trend to wear these types of shoes in Asia dies down soon.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Alejandra Onieva In Christian Dior - 'Por un Punado de Besos' Madrid Photocall & Premiere

Alejandra Onieva In Christian Dior – ‘Por un Punado de Besos’ Madrid Photocall & Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker In Misha Nonoo - New York City Ballet Luncheon

Sarah Jessica Parker In Misha Nonoo – New York City Ballet Luncheon

18 Responses to Angelababy In Christian Dior – ‘Together’ Beijing Premiere

1. CreoleLady February 8, 2013 at 13:52 #

Is that a gun in her hand? Please tell me it isn’t. Seeing what looked like a weapon (real or fake) shocked me even before I got to those hooves. Pretty dress thoroughly ruined for me.

• Rashmi February 8, 2013 at 13:59 #

Haha, it is a gun from the pics at least. Maybe some promotional thing related to the movie.

Ankles up she looks super cute. But I don’t find the earring dress appropriate.And lets leave the shoes away from this.

• bm February 8, 2013 at 14:02 #

Yes, that gun was a shocking accessories. Maybe it is an action movie, and the gun is fake, but still promote one movie with a gun is just unforgivable.

• Abbey February 10, 2013 at 21:15 #

that gun is fake. It’s part of the moive promotion thing. They just used it as a prop to pose in the premiere coz there is a scene in the moive Angelababy and Kai play CS game or something. Here is one of the pics from the movie http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/2013/0111/U9392P28DT20130111103614.jpg

2. Felicity February 8, 2013 at 14:01 #

maybe it’s a cultural thing? I’m thinking of o geisha and the shoes she was supposed to wear, and how, the higher the height, the more graceful the woman was perceived…I think there are many influences and cultural norms around the world, and there is no universal standard of beauty, for instance in Europe pantyhose are regarded as elegant, whereas in USA they are not, or the French manicure, same thing, some see it as very elegant and classy, others do not…I digress, the idea is that I’ve noticed many Asian actresses like to wear triple stacked shoes, moreso that in other parts of the world, so maybe there’s something behind that…

• manja February 8, 2013 at 14:54 #

I do agree with you,diff part of world diff perception of everything,but I think this love of the brick shoese may just be to gain some hight,since they are on the shorter side.but still hate those shoes/bricks for what ever reasoon anyone wears them,ruins every look for me

• Olivier February 8, 2013 at 16:19 #

To be honest, i don’t like those shoes neither! But, i suppose lots of Asian beauties chose those platform heels because the ancient women wore in this way… The perspectives also vary from place to place.

3. Kaylie February 8, 2013 at 14:26 #

I can’t get past the gun. Even if it is an action movie……….. WHY??

4. Christine February 8, 2013 at 14:27 #

Not liking this look

5. Ysatis February 8, 2013 at 16:07 #

Beautiful dress but everything else is revolting.

6. arang February 8, 2013 at 17:07 #

Ack! The dress is cute in a bland sort of way, but the shoes! Can you imagine actually walking in them? Forget buying those sneakers that are supposed to tone your legs, these are where to put your money. Lol!

7. Yeliz February 8, 2013 at 18:31 #

Like it from the ankles up.

8. msd February 8, 2013 at 21:33 #

The dress is boring and the shoes are hideous but the gun is the truly appalling thing.

9. Cris February 9, 2013 at 00:33 #

If one looks into her “before and after” pics, i am sure no one would be bothered to look into her “fashion style” anymore.. no offence this girl has so so much work done, and also her road to success is just embarrassing. no matter how amazing she looks now, her shady past overshadows everything.

• Abbey February 10, 2013 at 20:50 #

I saw those pics be4. But have you seen those pics when she was still a little girl? She looked the same!! I think it’s only becoz she had braces that time. Many people looked different in their teenage…

10. Daniela Wartropp February 9, 2013 at 09:57 #

The dress is lovely but the look is completely ruined by that gun! Unforgivable, whatever the reason was.

11. Jess2 February 9, 2013 at 14:04 #

Those shoes are incredibly awful!

12. EmmaWoodhouse February 9, 2013 at 14:50 #

Um…why is she holding a gun? The shoes are horrendous, but the dress is adorable and I love her hair and makeup.