07.02.13

Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event

Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event

Prabal Gurung hosted an event in New York City last night to celebrate his Prabal Gurung for Target Launch event.

Thankfully, the stars have aligned for me to be in New York City for the official launch of this collection which hits all Target stores and on Target.com on February 10.

Showing his romantic side, the Prabal Gurung for Target collection was inspired by a tender love story, offering women’s apparel and accessories including bags, minaudières, sandals, pumps, and jewelry suitable for all occasions, from the initial crush, to the first kiss, to everlasting love.

Prices range from $19.99 to $199.99 for apparel and $12.99 to $39.99 for accessories and shoes.

Rashida Jones: The actress wore a striking ruffled blue blouse with a black collar and placket, which will retail at $34.99, with black J Brand ‘Carey Zip Moto’ capri jeans and Alexander Wang ‘Liya’ ankle strap pumps.

Elizabeth Olsen: The actress revealed a short-sleeved blue-and-coral dress with a black bow-accented waistband, which will retail at just $39.99, under her black coat.

Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event2

Analeigh Tipton: Under her military shirt/jacket, she wore a colourful nolita-print shirtdress, which will also retail at $39.99, with black strappy Rupert Sanderson ‘Roxanna’ sandals.

Isabelle Furham: The actress flared out her apple-red and black sleeveless dress ($49.99), which she styled with Versus patent-and-PVC pumps.

Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event 3

Mia Moretti: Before getting the party started, the DJ walked the red carpet wearing a girlie black-and-white look featuring a lace blouse and a floral-print skirt, which she styled with black tights (for the weather) and white pumps (to keep the black-and-white theme going), while adding a colourful floral garland for an added quirk to her look.

Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event 4

Carey Mulligan: The British actress kept her look simple and weather appropriate, wearing a wool-and-leather coat, peach blouse and black slacks, accessorizing with a Prabal Gurung for Target black lace minaudière ($34.99).

You can view the whole collection here.

Credit: Getty courtesy of Target

Nina Dobrev In Naeem Khan - 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Nina Dobrev In Naeem Khan – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

Solange Knowles In Ostwald Helgason - 4th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Music Event

Solange Knowles In Ostwald Helgason – 4th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Music Event

13 Responses to Prabal Gurung For Target Launch Event

1. Anne February 7, 2013 at 13:45 #

I need this collection in my life! I will be setting my alarm early on Sunday morning. And how great does Lizzie Olsen look as a brunette?!

2. Rashmi February 7, 2013 at 13:46 #

I really liked all the looks in the lookbook, but none of the above look was styled well!!

PS: How similar does Rashida and Elizabeth Olsen look :O :O I have been staring at their faces for quite sometime now :P

3. Pablo February 7, 2013 at 13:59 #

Without doubt one of the best designer collaborations to date (if not the best)! Way to go Prabal Gurung!

4. AnnaLee February 7, 2013 at 14:08 #

LOVE this collection! Right now, I wish I lived in the US… My favorite is Elizabeth Olsen – sans the boots!

5. AnnaLee February 7, 2013 at 14:08 #

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 7, 2013 at 14:17 #

I don’t like either of the first looks (on the actresses), really, the blouse looks dated on Rashida and though I love Elizabeth’s dress she overwhelmed it with boots and coat. Her hair is pretty, though. Actually, though I like the individual pieces most of the actresses failed by looking too messy…whether it was Isabella’s hair, Mia’s headband, etc. I like Mia’s dress and like Carey’s clutch.

7. Christine February 7, 2013 at 14:54 #

Love this collection. Buying atleast 10-15 pieces.

8. Louise February 7, 2013 at 14:55 #

Love the dresses! Especially the colour combo for the first dress

9. Nat39 February 7, 2013 at 18:25 #

If I had to pick one that would be Rashida Jones.

10. Yeliz February 7, 2013 at 20:34 #

LOVE this collection, but I can’t buy a thing from it. :(

My favourite here is Elizabeth Olsen.

11. Kaylie February 8, 2013 at 04:27 #

Love the dresses in the lookbook, but I can’t say I like the styling on any of the celebrities. Rashida Jones isn’t bad, although I don’t care for the shoes… but Elizabeth Olsen is atrocious. The coat makes her look boxy, and WHY would anyone wear those boots with a dress like that? Analeigh Tipton also covered up most of her dress with a clashing military coat. And Isabelle Furham’s not only posing like a child, but her hair is covering up the most interesting part of the dress.

Sorry for the rant, but don’t these starlets know that they’re there to showcase the clothes? I don’t understand.

12. Jodie February 11, 2013 at 17:01 #

I made it to my local Target post Blizzard Nemo and the collection in person was AMAZING! Probably Target’s best capsule collection yet. Prabal Gurung really outdid himself. The collection is well made, wallet friendly and very on trend. My favorite piece is the sweatshirt – I plan to wear it with skinny black jeans and ankle boots.

13. didi February 16, 2013 at 19:07 #

I love Elizabeth Olsen’s look! Woaw that dress! But does anyone know where her coat is from? tnx, didi