07.02.13

Nieves Alvarez In Burberry Prorsum & Lanvin – Solo Moda

Nieves Alvarez Burberry

The statuesque Nieves Alvarez dialed up the glam quotient on Solo Moda this weekend.

In keeping with her current one-exclusive-designer-per-episode policy, on Saturday the TV host turned to Burberry Prorsum’s Spring 2013 collection.

Nieves showcased her femme fatale curves in one of my favourites from the collection, the pink jewel-toned metallic strapless dress replete with curve detailing at the corset bust and a subtle peplum detail at the waist. The yellow peep-toe pumps added the perfect finishing touch and pop of colour to this high-shine supercharged look.

Next up, Nieves opted for a studied chic look in a tailored white silk Burberry Prorsum trench with a retro cape paired with cut-out Christian Louboutin ankle boots. I would have loved it if she had opted to inject a touch of colour into this fabulous outerwear with a pair of bold killer heels.

Her final Burberry Prorsum Spring 2013 ensemble is one I’ve admired before on Emma Stone at the 2012 CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund Awards. This gorgeous structured navy-blue peplum corset top with a black waistband donned with a decadent sparkly green pencil skirt is a stellar look that could have been a real winner had Nieves chosen a more dramatic shoe to complete the look.

Nieves Alvarez Lanvin

Nieves chose the Lanvin Resort 2013 collection for her Sunday show wardrobe.

While the TV host certainly has the jaw-dropping frame to work this Lanvin body-con mini frock, this look was, unfortunately, seriously low on impact. Perhaps a bolder belt in a contrasting hue could have lifted this number. The PVC-embellished pointy shoes, although great on their own, did nothing to highlight this lacklustre dress. This one is by far my least favourite of her looks.

Nieves quickly redeemed herself in a covetable Lanvin Resort 2013 draped dress. I loved this flattering silhouette and blush hue on Alvarez. The T-strap Stuart Weitzman sandals complemented this dress perfectly.

For her final look, a black-and-beige silk shirt dress with white piping at the front and on the side pockets, topped-off with an embellished jacket and jewel-encrusted Roberto Cavalli sandals, punched up her wardrobe with a dose of downtown edge.

Which look did you love?

Credit: Victor Blanco Studio

Written by Alexandra Phanor-Faury

Lindsay Lohan In Theia - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

Lindsay Lohan In Theia – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

Chloe Sevigny In Proenza Schouler - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

Chloe Sevigny In Proenza Schouler – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

21 Responses to Nieves Alvarez In Burberry Prorsum & Lanvin – Solo Moda

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 7, 2013 at 15:34 #

The first is a little edgy for me, though I do love the color and shine. The yellow shoes were a dynamic addition.
    The second one is fab, (though we always expect great coats from Burberry), although she could have added a pop of color.
    The third I preferred one Emma Stone. The color combo is great but the bustier looks teensy weensy on Nieves, and the proportions therefore seem a little off.
    The orange Lanvin is too short, but the rose pink one is unexpected and elegant. The last ensemble seems a bit overdone.

2. Moxie February 7, 2013 at 15:40 #

For some reason I love the Burberry coat. She looks like she belongs in a Bond movie.

• Rebecca Z February 7, 2013 at 16:19 #

Cute comment–and good point! I like this and the orange Lanvin dress best. I agree the blue and green Burberry Prorsum ensemble belongs to Emma Stone, and I don’t love the pink metallic number–looks cheap to me.

3. Lyo February 7, 2013 at 15:48 #

I love the color of the first one, and the wonderful choice of shoes, but I can help but think the dress is too tight on her.

• Cookie February 7, 2013 at 21:13 #

I like the first look best, there’s something morbidly fascinating there, it reminds me of one of those shiny balloons at kid’s parties that’s about to burst. You want to look away but can’t lol

4. Christine February 7, 2013 at 16:00 #

Like the second and third looks.

5. dee February 7, 2013 at 16:30 #

Love the trench coat on her. The last look is great too.

• Yeliz February 7, 2013 at 20:47 #

ITA.

6. Nat39 February 7, 2013 at 18:06 #

Blush draped Lanvin by far.

7. Jeremy February 7, 2013 at 18:18 #

I love all the Burberry looks, she looks so trendy.
    The Lanvin are more different, the last one is my fave with this jacket and sandals.

She looks great in everything, why?? :( is she real??

8. Alex February 7, 2013 at 19:48 #

J’adore the white trench! ❤ Burberry Prorsum.

9. Kristen February 7, 2013 at 23:41 #

Does she exist?? i don’y know anybody more perfect in anything as she always looks.

10. TeaAtTwo February 8, 2013 at 00:26 #

The trench is my favourite Burberry outfit. I’d swap shoes between the other two looks as the pink dress would stand out against most shoes and the yellow sandals would look really good against the dark green.
    The 2nd and 3rd Lanvin looks are great. I like the relaxed elegance of the 2nd with the necklace was a fab addition. The sexy rock chic look suits her sultry beauty so well.

11. Dhppy February 8, 2013 at 00:30 #

Once again, I am loving most of the shoes!

12. CreoleLady February 8, 2013 at 00:38 #

The blush Lanvin ftw. Love, from the side-swept bangs to the luscious heels.

13. june February 8, 2013 at 01:54 #

she should have worn the yellow shoes in the first look in the third look as well. a punch of yellow heels would have been a great accent to that great dress.

14. Beta February 8, 2013 at 12:37 #

WooowWWW!! Nieves is back in full force!
    lately id been lukewarm about some of her looks but here, I love these!
    I LOVE the 3 burberry looks! I choose the first one because very few people can pull that look off, but for myself, id choose the third, its perfection.
    Im looking forwards to seeing the very cool metallic trench coats from burberry, I ive only seen romeo beckham, and they’re to die for!

15. kiwi February 8, 2013 at 14:38 #

Looks 1,3 and 5 are great and number 5 is my favourite

16. shalone February 8, 2013 at 14:47 #

she can do no wrong…..

17. Jess2 February 9, 2013 at 08:58 #

Loving the Burberry looks!

18. katie March 5, 2013 at 22:17 #

The trench look is to die i agree about her heels a light pink might have been nice also