Emilia Clarke In Zac Posen - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

My first ever post on Emilia Clarke was entitled ‘Who’s That Girl?’ back in June, 2011.

Over a year and a half later, the answer to that question is a ‘Games Of Thrones’ actress who’s set to make her Broadway debut in March as none other than the infamous Holly Golightly, made famous by Audrey Hepburn in the 1961 film, ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’.

Before reaching those dizzy heights, the British actress took to the red carpet at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City last night for the amfAR New York Gala to kick off Fall 2013 Fashion Week.

Oozing glamour and sporting the much-loved hairstyle of the moment, the Veronica Lake, Emilia wore a Zac Posen gown.

Her rich maroon plunging gown was styled with an oversized eggplant satin sash tied to the waist.

Even with that somewhat overpowering detail, she’s not overwhelmed by it.

Lorraine
Schwartz
black and
gold,
 diamond
 and
 emerald
 earrings
plus a matching ring provided the finishing touches to her amazing look.

My best newcomer of 2012 continues to do me proud.

Credit: Getty

27 thoughts on “Emilia Clarke In Zac Posen – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

1. Willow

This is such a cleverly styled look, with any other hairstyle the giant bow would’ve looked incongruous and overly heavy, but like this it creates a really gorgeous flow.

And the pop of colour from the earrings saves it from looking too drab.

Definitely a BDOTW in my books.

2. Ysatis

Beautiful hair color (I am only used to seeing her in GOT) beautiful make up. The dress color is beautiful and the earring add a very nice pop of color. However I think she is a bit too short for that dress. The big bow should be higher up so that her legs don’t look too short.

3. EmmaWoodhouse

The closeup–with shoulderstrap, earring and hair working so harmoniously–is breathtaking. I would love the dress but the plunging neckline gets a no from me. However, kudos to her for pulling off that big bow! I like it neck up and waist down, just no the bodice (which also has a widening tendency). Those earrings are gorgeous.

1. gurlygurl

Agreed! The dress is definitely for someone taller. Without the height the plunging neckline draws my attention to her chest and shoulders making them appear disproportunately wide. The color is divine & she is pretty ds a picture. Hope to see this gown on someone who has the physical stature to dominate the dress & look forward to seeing more of her as well!

4. Marybeth

The cut and fit of the dress (and placement of the bow) are just a little off, making it look a bit too big, too long-waisted— something.
    But the use of color is so extraordinary, so beautiful, that overall I love the look.
    Thumbs up from me.

5. arang

Hair and makeup are lovely, the color looks great on her, and the earrings are a beautiful contrast. But to my eye, the dress overwhelms her. I don’t know if it’s the picture here, but the proportions between her upper and lower body look off to me. But its a very interesting look.

6. Nat39

Gorgeous, love the addition of the dramatic oversized bow to what would´ve been a lovely elegant but predictable look. I don´t think she is overwhelmed at all, she is carrying off this look beautifully. Jádore, without a doubt BDOTW worthy for me.

7. the ogre

she is simply an exquisite creature! she looks even better as daenerys targaryen though (i am obsessed with the series, sorry!) but this is just absolutely breathtaking! iit helps that she’s a great actor too!