07.02.13 Premiere

‘Beautiful Creatures’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

Beautiful Creatures LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

Here are the rest of the looks from the ‘Beautiful Creatures’ LA premiere held at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on Wednesday.

Zooey Deutch: The up-and-coming Hollywood ingénue made her mark on the red carpet wearing a black Oday Shakar Spring 2013 sleeveless gown with an impressive lace embroidered back. I loved the dress, but I couldn’t help but think this may have been too mature of a choice for the 18-year-old. It would have been great to see her embrace colour and try out a shorter more youthful silhouette. Accessories were kept to a minimum save for her Le Vian rings and Jerome C. Rousseau platform heels. She nailed it on the beauty front with a warm copper eye shadow that illuminated her beautiful brown eyes and auburn wavy tresses. A nude lip tied the whole look together flawlessly.

Sasha Pieterse: The ‘Pretty Liars’ actress wore body-hugging Carlos Miele Spring 2013 white textured tube dress with a flounced hem styled with black satin pumps. There was nothing really striking about this. This ensemble made a much more of a glamorous first impression styled on the runway with a jeweled turquoise belt cinching the model’s waist. Sans eye-catching details, this frock looks more wedding appropriate than red carpet ready.

Amandla Stenberg: ‘The Hunger Games’ beauty took a hiatus from pretty dresses and infused a sporty menswear theme into her red carpet look. Amandla wore a iiJin navy cropped tuxedo jacket with thick white piping, Topshop leggings with cool tuxedo stripes at the legs, an Urban Outfitters navy shirt adorned with silver spikes at the collar, and iiJin high-top platform leather sneakers. An adorable top-knot and a swipe of black liner kept her look hip and age appropriate.

Runway

Credit: Oday Shakar, Style.com & Getty

Written by Alexandra Phanor-Faury

Beyonce Knowles' Jimmy Choo 'Mime' Perforated Mirrored Leather Pumps

Beyonce Knowles’ Jimmy Choo ‘Mime’ Perforated Mirrored Leather Pumps

Jai Courtney In Giorgio Armani & Bruce Willis In Dior Homme - 'A Good Day to Die Hard' London Premiere

Jai Courtney In Giorgio Armani & Bruce Willis In Dior Homme – ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ London Premiere

10 Responses to ‘Beautiful Creatures’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Round Up

1. CreoleLady February 8, 2013 at 00:43 #

Amandla, goodness gracious, I’m starstruck. Wonderful, h2t.

2. Christine February 8, 2013 at 00:47 #

I only like Amanda’s look. Such a cutie!

3. arang February 8, 2013 at 00:59 #

Agree with your assessment FC (though I appreciate that Sasha at least picked a very good line for her body). I was surprised by how much I adore Amandla’s look. So cool and cute!

4. Kathy February 8, 2013 at 01:25 #

Zooey looks pretty, the back of her dress is really intriguing and cool. (Though I can’t see much of i it with a front view, it’s still a great detail). Sasha’s dress is almost unrecognizable in her version. I agree, it is so much more memorable with the runway styling. And black pumps? She just couldn’t be a smidge more creative? Love Amanda’s outfit, just not sure about her shoes. But she’s, what, 12 or 13? So at least she’s age-appropriate, I’ll give her that. She never tries to look too mature, which I appreciate.

5. Marybeth February 8, 2013 at 02:34 #

I adore Amandla’s cute, chic look, but it’s not event-appropriate. I think it’s fine for a kid to dress more casually for a premiere than the adults do, but leggings and sneakers are a step too far.

I find the other two unremarkable.

I really like that Carlos Miele dress with the turquoise belt. Maybe someone else will wear it that way on the RC.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 8, 2013 at 02:37 #

I like Amandla’s outfit but for the shoes, which give it an unfortunate Willow Smith vibe. The other two are meh. The Miele dress needed better shoes (STOP wearing black shoes/white dresses!) and the turquoise belt, while the black would have been good for someone like Helen Hunt.

7. Yeliz February 8, 2013 at 05:37 #

I think Zooey looks beautiful, I really like her look. And Amandla looks very cool.

8. GooseGloss February 8, 2013 at 07:03 #

Sasha is from *’Pretty Little Liars’

9. Sarah February 8, 2013 at 15:07 #

I can’t get past Sasha’s rediculous facial posing.

10. Nat39 February 8, 2013 at 19:43 #

Zooey – too mature, Sasha – mumsy, Amandla – ott comical.