07.02.13

amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week Red Carpet Round Up

amfAR New York Gala 1

Many more stars joined Sarah Jessica Parker and Alexa Chung on the red carpet last night for the amfAR New York Gala to kick off Fall 2013 Fashion Week.

Heidi Klum: No surprises that the Project Runway host wore a Michael Kors gown. Her black jersey halter gown with crystal embroidery was styled with a white-and-black diamond necklace and a matching ring by her favourite jeweller, Lorraine Schwartz. Sleek locks and kohl-rimmed eyes completed her look.

Crystal Renn: The model was wearing… you guessed it – Zac Posen. Her bold red gown with a floor-sweeping skirt was styled with Lorraine Schwartz ruby earrings and a retro updo. As predictable as this look is, for Crystal it never gets old.

amfAR New York Gala 2

Poppy Delevingne: You also won’t be shocked to discover the British model wearing Chanel. Her floaty grey chiffon dress with crystal beading was complemented with a Chanel pyramid Swarovski embellished bag.

Doutzen Kroes: The model kept the styling of her J. Mendel bi-colour coral silk chiffon strapless gown to a minimum. My problem with this look is the fit on the bodice.

Katharine McPhee: The ‘Smash’ actress kept it simple and chic in a white Theyskens Theory dress with black accessories.

amfAR New York Gala 3

Patricia Clarkson: The actress caught my attention wearing an electric-blue Michael Kors strapless gown with a gold python belt. That accent was complemented with a Michael Kors gold python envelope clutch, a gold cuff from the designer’s Resort 2013 collection, and Harry Winston earrings.

Giovanna Battaglia: The editor usually wears Dolce & Gabbana, but on this occasion she dazzled in a gold lamé Michael Kors Resort 2013 gown with a crystal-embellished bodice.

Karlie Kloss: The model wore a white paillette shift dress and silver python Mikaela sandals from the Michael Kors Spring 2013 collection with a silver MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Tilda’ clutch.

amfAR New York Gala 4

Claire Courtin Clarins, Virginie Courtin Clarins and Lily Kwong: The socialites all picked pieces from the Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 collection. Claire settled for black sequins; Virginie donned her second chequered look, while Lily wore a brown sleeveless column dress with a white print, which she complemented with white accessories.

Those white pumps are the pointiest shoes I have ever seen.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung For Target - Sushi Dan

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung For Target – Sushi Dan

Diane Kruger In Stella McCartney - Stade de France

Diane Kruger In Stella McCartney – Stade de France

21 Responses to amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week Red Carpet Round Up

1. Christine February 7, 2013 at 16:26 #

Heidi looks decent. I like Patricia Clarkson and Katherine looks the most.

• Shaina February 7, 2013 at 22:37 #

Agreed.

2. Pedro February 7, 2013 at 16:37 #

Heidi looks really good.

Crystal Renn looks amazing, as always.

I really like Katherine and Patricia

3. Anne February 7, 2013 at 16:41 #

Patricia Clarkson is my favorite in that eye-popping blue. I also really like Poppy in that pretty Chanel.

4. Rebecca Z February 7, 2013 at 16:54 #

My favorites are Crystal Renn and Patricia Clarkson, who often looks great on the red carpet in my opinion, and doesn’t get enough kudos for it. I also really like Karlie Kloss’ look and the gold lame Michael Kors gown–a shock because usually lame looks so cheap. Here it looks great.

5. Fanny February 7, 2013 at 17:34 #

Chrystal looks gorgeous and I loooove her earrings with that dress!

6. Ysatis February 7, 2013 at 17:35 #

Patricia Clarkson for her effortlessly elegant look which too me is the most difficult to pull off.

Crystal Renn because of the wow and oomph. She’s totally working it.

Heidi Klum looks like a playmate.

7. GiGi February 7, 2013 at 17:46 #

Heidi looks matronly, unbelievably. Not flattering at all. And the hair! Def time for a change.

Crystal Renn – where to start? Fantastic… and would love to know how she stays so slim… she was a gorgeous big girl… and is almost as gorgeous as a stick girl! Not crazy about the dress, but she knows how to work it anyway.

8. robbie February 7, 2013 at 17:53 #

not fussed about any of these looks apart from crystal who is working the hell out of that dress.

9. Marybeth February 7, 2013 at 17:58 #

I am underwhelmed by the gowns.
    Well, Crystal Renn….predictable for her, yes, but still a knockout.

I find myself liking Poppy’s look the best, which surprises me as I am not usually a Chanel fan. She looks both chic and classic here, both dressy and under-stated. The more I see it, the more I love it.

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 7, 2013 at 18:22 #

Heidi, Claire, Virginie and Lily- Meh
    Crystal-Spectacular but OTT for this event
    Katherine- Nursey
    Doutzen- the dress is too big and ill fitting
    Karlie-looks cold

Poppy is my fave,followed by Patricia and Giovanna

11. Beta February 7, 2013 at 18:43 #

I think my favourite here is giovanna bataglia, who has great sense of style.
    Crystal is working that gown… too much for me. But I admit she looks good. Im glad she went back to brunette, her blonde phase was too alien-like

12. Rachael February 7, 2013 at 19:04 #

Sorry but Heidi Klum’s look is just really, really dated. That photo could be from 2001 – not good at all. That, and the cut/material is kinda tacky.

Crystal Renn is overdressed but looks AMAZING. Patricia Clarkson is definitely Best Dressed!

13. Alex February 7, 2013 at 19:45 #

Patricia Clarkson and Katharine McPhee ❤
    And Heidi should wear more Michael Kors! She looks fab!

14. Yeliz February 7, 2013 at 20:53 #

Katharine McPhee and Patricia Clarkson are the best in my eyes too. They both look gorgeous.

15. moja31 February 7, 2013 at 21:40 #

Giovanna Battaglia is wearing the same gown that First Lady Michelle Obama wore a few months ago to the Kennedy Center honors. Now that’s an interesting “who wore it better?” lol.

16. Moxie February 7, 2013 at 22:27 #

Maybe Heidi has found her mojo. She looks better than she has in a while.

17. TeaAtTwo February 7, 2013 at 22:54 #

Giovanna and Poppy outfits are the only ones that I quite like. Katherine’s would be really for a less formal event. Heidi looks dated and the dress is unflattering while the socialites made their outfits look kind of cheap.

18. Dhppy February 8, 2013 at 00:38 #

Despite her recent sampling of prints, that Katherine McPhee has become my minimalist heroine.

19. june February 8, 2013 at 01:50 #

crystal isn’t doing anything new, but who cares when she looks that good?

patricia clarkson and giovanna battaglia are my favourites, though. they look amazing. beautiful fit and accessorizing.

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 8, 2013 at 02:30 #

Heidi: big no. Shapeless + plunging = two of my least favorite things.
    Crystal: FANTASTICALLY amazing! Totally dynamic and BDOTW worthy, love the color and drama!
    Poppy: cool, chic, different. I like this look more than I thought I would.
    Doutzen: not liking the sagging, ill-fitted bodice or the too-bright color on her…high-lighter orange.
    Katherine: unexpected. I like it. I would have added a narrow black belt.
    Patricia: slightly too low but the color is divine and gives me chills. Love the gold belt with it.
    Giovanna: loved this dress in the lookbook, so glad to see it worn! Beautiful, fun dress…wish she’d styled her hair more elegantly.
    Karlie: OK, a little short and shapeless. Nice but not special.
    Claire, Virginie, and Lily: Mutual messes. Virginie being the worst and Lily the graded-on-a-curve best of the three.