Zawe Ashton In Sarah Baadarani – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Zawe Ashton in Sarah Baadarani  London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Zawe Ashton joined Eddie Redmayne and Andrea Riseborough on the red carpet for the London Evening Standard British Film Awards at the London Film Museum on Monday evening.

The ‘Fresh Meat’ star has pretty much worn Chalayan exclusively on the red carpet, but she shone the spotlight on another designer on this occasion.

Zawe’s dress was created by up-and-coming designer, Sarah Baadarani.

The signature of the label, which was founded in 2012, is modern classicism and the essence is sensual, feminine and powerfully elegant.

The last three points exactly describe Zawe’s Spring 2013 white dress featuring black-and-grey lace appliqués on a sheer bodice, which has been shortened from the version in the look book.

A black blazer was nonchalantly thrown over her shoulders, with black Louboutin heels, a Jimmy Choo clutch and Annoushka jewels accessorizing the look.

I love the blazer, which gives the look an uber-cool vibe, but I’m curious to see how the sleeves look with the shorter hemline.

The smouldering beauty completed her look with smoky eyes and a nude lip.

Credit: Sarah Baadarani.com & FameFlynet

Get The Look: Dascha Polanco’s Emmy Awards Ethereal Beauty Look

Get The Look: Dascha Polanco’s Emmy Awards Ethereal Beauty Look

David Beckham's H&M Bodywear TV Ad

David Beckham’s H&M Bodywear TV Ad

14 Responses to Zawe Ashton In Sarah Baadarani – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

1. lyka February 6, 2013 at 17:04 #

I like the dress and makeup, but that blazer looks to me like she was just cold and borrowed her boyfriend’s jacket.

2. Beta February 6, 2013 at 17:18 #

I absolutely love this outfit head to toe. Plus extra kudos for supporting an up and coming designer

• Yeliz February 6, 2013 at 19:53 #

Completely agree!

• Christine February 6, 2013 at 20:48 #

+1 Both versions work. Short and long.

3. Nat39 February 6, 2013 at 17:34 #

I think with the shortened length and the masculine blazer the dress lost some of its sensual essence and elegance. Wish the length had been left at least a little bit longer and she’d worn a more feminine elegant blazer (or none) and an elegant delicate sandal.

4. Anj February 6, 2013 at 18:11 #

I think I like this better as a gown.

5. arang February 6, 2013 at 18:26 #

I’m often not a fan of sheer stuff, but this I like. It seems classy, elegant, and very wearable. I’m fine with the shortened look but I also wonder how the sleeves worked with that. (Oh, and I, too, thought she probably just borrowed a jacket.)

6. Marybeth February 6, 2013 at 19:01 #

I think she looks nice, but this outfit does inspire a philosophical question: At what point does modification become destruction?

7. Ruffon February 6, 2013 at 19:01 #

She looks fabulous! So classy and modern at the same time. Love it.

8. Joy February 6, 2013 at 20:23 #

Love the elegance of the original length, but I assume that it is Zawe’s dreadful posture that makes her hem look so bad. Hard to judge whether the dress works or not hidden as it is.

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2013 at 21:54 #

Trusting that there’s some sort of lining under the bodice…I like the added blazer but something about this look is off. Not sure what.

10. TeaAtTwo February 7, 2013 at 05:27 #

It’s a wonderfully unique gown, from what we can the shortened still looks good. I love the fashion editor styling of the blazer thrown nonchalantly over the shoulders.

11. the ogre February 7, 2013 at 06:04 #

this gown is beautiful. i wish she had worn it as it is.*sniff sniff* with her unique style she also would have been able to pull it off quite well.

12. Jess2 February 9, 2013 at 07:13 #

Congratulations to Sarah Baadarani, it definitely appears that she has started off with a bang! I look forward to seeing more of her designs on the red carpet.