06.02.13 Menswear

Riz Ahmed In Dolce & Gabbana – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Riz Ahmed In Dolce & Gabbana - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Riz Ahmed was clad in a rather unique outfit at the London Evening Standard Film Awards on Monday.

The British star was nominated, along with 12 others, in the ‘Best Actor’ category for his roles in ‘Trishna,’ ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist,’ and ‘Ill Manors.’

At the event, Riz looked dapper above the waist wearing a Dolce & Gabbana black tuxedo jacket with satin peak lapels. He paired it with a fully buttoned white shirt with black studs, no tie, and what seems to be a pin dot scarf beneath his jacket.

Below the waist, however, Riz attempted—and failed—at a “manpris” (men’s capris) look.

His baggy pants ended about five inches above his ankles, making him appear much shorter than his listed 5 feet, 8 inches.

Not only that, but it’s too cold in London to be wearing manpris.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Alden Ehrenreich In Albert Hammond Jr. for Confederacy - ‘Beautiful Creatures’ LA Premiere

Alden Ehrenreich In Albert Hammond Jr. for Confederacy – ‘Beautiful Creatures’ LA Premiere

19 Responses to Riz Ahmed In Dolce & Gabbana – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

1. Rafael February 6, 2013 at 21:53 #

I love when men take risks on their oufits, maybe this looks weird but i like it, the blazer it’s beautiful and the capris could work better as a street style look.
    Have a nice day FC! :D

2. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2013 at 21:57 #

Sleek from the waist up, and then I got to those HORRID HORRID manpris. WHAT was he thinking? This is the most ridiculous menswear look in recent memory! I AM DYING! Lol

• Yeliz February 7, 2013 at 05:26 #

3. Christine February 6, 2013 at 22:02 #

Hot mess.

4. robert February 6, 2013 at 22:05 #

Is he Muslim? Because I know that observant Muslim men don’t cover their ankles.

• noo February 6, 2013 at 22:25 #

I come from a muslim family in a devout muslim country and i rarely see men not covering their ankles! men who are that strict don’t work in show business or have mustaches and their capri pants usually come with dated linen outfits and really long beards. I could be wrong but this looks like a (weird) fashion statement to me!

• robert February 6, 2013 at 22:33 #

My brother is a devout Muslim and he wears his pants this way. I should have clarified that ‘some’ observant Muslim men don’t cover their ankles.

• noo February 6, 2013 at 22:53 #

I wasn’t doubting that men wear it that way, it’s just that they usually aren’t actors.

• noo February 6, 2013 at 22:54 #

anyway i checked out more red carpet photos of the guy and he’s not wearing capri pants in any of them. i’ll blame this one on his stylist!

• Zara February 6, 2013 at 23:47 #

Totally agree.

• Marie February 6, 2013 at 22:49 #

Mmh, not sure he decided to wear capris for this reason, he didn’t cover his ankles at the Venice and Toronto film festivals.

• Catherine Kallon February 6, 2013 at 22:59 #

Thanks for that.

5. carla February 6, 2013 at 22:36 #

I saw him in Ill Manors at the Toronto International Film Festival, he was awesome. And he covered his ankles at the premiere. Maybe this is just fashion?

6. HM February 6, 2013 at 23:19 #

Don’t quote me on this but I believe Muslim men are meant to cover their knees (private parts of the body for men is from the navel to the knees). It could be cultural or a differing variation of Islam but my guess is it is more of a fashion statement. Either way he carries the look quite well :)

7. Nourhan February 6, 2013 at 23:58 #

I am a Muslim woman living in a Muslim country and I can tell you that this a fashion statement that’s all.I rarely see a man here wearing pants the way he does.

8. Eliza February 7, 2013 at 02:33 #

For a couple of years now, it’s been a trendy look for men’s suits to have very high water pants and very fitted, almost shrunken looking jackets. The pants are usually worn without socks. Thom Browne is well known for making suits with this look. See also: Dsquared2, Ann Demeulemeester to name a few. If you look at the street style shots during the men’s fashion weeks (esp. Milan), you’ll see the look quite often. From what I’ve seen of the Fall 2013 looks, seems like the trend is slowing, if not quite dying, down.

9. Nat39 February 7, 2013 at 20:19 #

A fashion faux pas, if you ask me, one of those trends that shouldn´t exist to begin with.

10. effieee February 8, 2013 at 03:43 #

I quite like this look, although I feel that he could’ve gotten away with it better had his pants been more fitted.

• noo February 8, 2013 at 07:53 #