Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy - The Hollywood Reporter Nominees' Night 2013

Jessica Chastain changed into a second look for The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013 celebrating the 85th Annual Academy Award Nominees, held at Spago in Beverly Hills, California yesterday evening.

The actress wore a Givenchy Resort 2012 dress.

Her textured sateen v-neck sleeveless dress, with a draped overlay at the bodice and a sculptural peplum waist, was styled with the same Christian Louboutin nude pumps she wore to the luncheon early in the day.

Kohl-rimmed eyes and pink lips provided the finishing touches.

With so many stars rushing to wear the latest Pre-Fall 2013 look, it’s refreshing to see Jessica wear a look from a previous season.

In saying that, you may remember that this look was also previously worn over a year ago by Ashley Greene and Kim Kardashian.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Andrea Riseborough In Jenny Packham - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Andrea Riseborough In Jenny Packham – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

22 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

1. Fiona - Perth February 5, 2013 at 11:01 #

I wish she had some different shoes, as these look so insignificant against a strong architectural dress. Even some black detailing or a stronger heel would have balanced the look (she should have stolen Naomi Watts’ shoes from the Oscars luncheon). It shows me that perhaps she doesn’t know such a lot about fashion and is purely dressed by people without her own input (in which case what was the stylist thinking?)

2. the ogre February 5, 2013 at 11:01 #

i just saw the same dress on ashley greene and kim kardashian and it looks nothing like it’s looking on her. she oozes sophistication from every pore of her body which looks so very fab in this dress! great stuff!

• Emma February 5, 2013 at 11:38 #

+1 She looks stunning

• Rashmi February 5, 2013 at 12:04 #

+1. Exactly, the dress looks so much better on Jessica!
      Maybe the lights or the pose. But shez working that dress amazingly!

• Jess2 February 5, 2013 at 12:42 #

Jessica definitely wears it best! Minimalist perfection!

• Christine February 6, 2013 at 03:52 #

She is rocking this dress.

• Pati February 6, 2013 at 12:57 #

Agreed. She looks fabulous! So stylish and sexy! The dress really emphasizes her gorgeus figure. Love it.

3. Claire February 5, 2013 at 11:30 #

Hot!

4. BeatofA February 5, 2013 at 12:01 #

while this look is attractive, nothing really stands out with this woman.its always inoffensive looks from her. still cannot believe she was No.1 best dressed for vanity fair…i guess she has a good publicist.

5. jeremyrain February 5, 2013 at 12:10 #

I would die if she wears the sweater!

6. Anne February 5, 2013 at 12:28 #

I don’t often love Givenchy, but this collection & the dress are one if my faves from this collection. Not sure about the shoe choice, but she looks gorgeous

7. TeaAtTwo February 5, 2013 at 13:30 #

I;m so used to seeing everyone wearing the most recent collections that my first thought was ‘this is so old’. She looks polished, though the nude pumps were big let down to look as it was with her Erdem Oscar luncheon look.

8. fromchi-town February 5, 2013 at 14:23 #

I like this on her… she is working it. The shoes are not the best choice… but her make-up and hair is great!

9. dee February 5, 2013 at 14:49 #

The shoes are a let down. The dress looks great on her but the she needs to up her shoe game.

10. Susan February 5, 2013 at 14:59 #

I believe her stylist is a contributing editor to Vanity Fair.

11. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 15:19 #

It doesn’t look bad on her, quite elegant, but she seems to have modified the front in a way that makes it look drop-waisted. Preferred the way the front was on the model. Also, boring shoes.

12. Rebecca Z February 5, 2013 at 16:54 #

A rare home run for Jessica. this dress looks spectacular on her. Agree with Fiona-Perth that Naomi’s shoes would have been wonderful with this.

• Dhppy February 5, 2013 at 18:59 #

I know! The first thing I thought upon seeing this was “Hey, finally!”

13. arang February 5, 2013 at 17:58 #

Very nice. Don’t think I’ve seen such strong eye makeup on her before. Looks good with the dress, which is also very interesting. But the shoes I hate with a deep and purple hatred. Totally the wrong place for pale nude pumps (imho).

14. ash February 5, 2013 at 19:31 #

I disliked this look when I first saw it…but after I saw how this dress looked on Ashley and Kim…I’d say Jessica looks better.

15. Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 19:41 #

Jessica wore it best, she looks amazing.

16. Sammy C February 5, 2013 at 22:09 #

I followed the link to Ashley. Really FC, no need to be reminded of that awful, AWFUL necklace! I cant even remember if it was one of those weird things everyone loved, but it definitely took me back to when I saw it first and just thought: why? I really didn’t get that from any viewpoint whatsoever. So clearly, yes Jessica looks so much better.

I actually think its the best she’s looked recently, better than SAG and GG for sure. I also agree on the refreshing part. As long as it wasn’t overdone at the time (and if so, that enough time has passed for it to at least be considered vintage), I think its ok.

Her luncheon dress was also beautiful. But on this occasion I think I prefer black with structure than flower and colour.