Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé - 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon‘Silver Linings Playbook’ actress Jennifer Lawrence joined fellow Oscar nominees at the 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon, hosted on Monday at The Beverly Hilton hotel in California.

After a few puzzling black and blue exits, I was really hoping that she would bring something inspiring to the luncheon table. This napkin-white, embossed Chloé Spring 2013 dress was not it.

The strapless midi, with its fair share of ruffled flip and flounce, was too nonchalant and breezy for the occasion. Plus, the fold-over bodice and the overall fit did nothing for me—or for Jennifer.

The heft of a substantial pair of Casadei pumps was even more baffling. Those black heels didn’t belong anywhere near this dress.

She also debuted different styling that included half-up, half-down hair and sultrier-than-normal makeup with a liberal application of bronzer, a smokey eye and plump nude lip.

There was a brief silver lining (no pun intended) in Jennifer’s fashion repertoire with the canary yellow Emilio Pucci she wore last week. Hopefully it returns, as I cannot wait for film’s “it” girl to get back on fashion girl territory, too.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana In Chloé – 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' London Photocall

Zoe Saldana In Chloé – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ London Photocall

Anne Hathaway In The Row - 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Anne Hathaway In The Row – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

41 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

1. BRice February 5, 2013 at 05:40 #

Apparently she’s still quite ill, hasn’t really recovered from her illness. Which is unfortunate it looks like she could sleep for a week so I don’t knock her for any of her fashion choices right now. Someone will hopefully give the girl a break or at least but her in a mod tux look and wedges for the next event. She looks as if she’s going to topple over.

2. Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 05:40 #

A terrible look.

• Christine February 6, 2013 at 03:55 #

+1 You can tell she is under the weather. This is not a good look.

3. Rashmi February 5, 2013 at 05:51 #

A classic example, how a beautiful woman who has access to the world’s all beautiful dresses and shoes, can get it so wrong (AGAIN and AGAIN) !!

• anjos February 5, 2013 at 20:43 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Black pumps? Again?

And what’s with her awkward posing lately, too?

4. Joy February 5, 2013 at 05:53 #

This seems far under dressed for the occasion. The material looks like something you would wear to the beach as a coverup. For me, she comes off as she could care less for fashion. Hopefully that’s not the case.

5. Vera February 5, 2013 at 05:55 #

WHO style this girl?

Please, Mr. Weinstein, find her a professional! And a fitness trainer.

Jennifer is a beautiful girl and a talented actress, but her stylist has no taste.

• Molly February 5, 2013 at 06:20 #

That would be Rachel Zoe, who I am convinced has some kind of grudge against her clients. They all end up looking a mess on the red carpet.

• Vera February 5, 2013 at 09:19 #

Hard to believe; Rachel works perfect for Anne Hathaway

• roxy February 5, 2013 at 09:52 #

Anne Hathaway hasn’t had a spectacular run of late her choices have been mostly boring or unflattering throughout the Les Mis press tour and now awards season

• Fiona-Brasil February 5, 2013 at 12:00 #

+ 1

• SA February 5, 2013 at 06:23 #

Why the fitness trainer? If you’re insinuating that she needs to lose weight, I think you need to get glasses. She’s fine the weight she is.

• Vera February 5, 2013 at 09:18 #

No, she does not need to loose weight in no place! I’d just prefer her to be more flexible and stronger and to have a straight spine.

• anonymous as always February 7, 2013 at 21:01 #

She has a beautiful body. How can you tell that her spine is not straight?
          Have you seen her in SNL? If that was her dancing, then she is perfectly fit.

• anonymous as always February 7, 2013 at 21:08 #

SLP wrong initials!!! hahahahaha

6. Quinn February 5, 2013 at 06:36 #

OMG, she used to dress so amazingly….what happened to her lately?? and why is she posing like that? hmm…

• Ines February 5, 2013 at 11:22 #

Rachel Zoe happened to her.

7. BG February 5, 2013 at 07:22 #

A bath towel courtesy of Chloé! How fancy! Yeah…Rachel really isn’t doing Jen justice, I see these choices: from that Dior at the SAG’s, to the Stella McCartney the other day, to this; and I just get more and more disappointed in Rachel’s ability to style. Of course she is wearing the Rachel Zoe mandated Casadei pumps as well!

8. Lashae February 5, 2013 at 07:33 #

That dress is some kind of wrong. The dress just doesn’t seem to me to be worn at this type of function. It looks like something you wear in the summertime at the beach or park.

I don’t think I liked many or any of outfits for this awards season. They have been too plain, not fit properly or not youthful enough for her. I know Jennifer can dress better than this since we all seen her in better outfits.

9. Matlock February 5, 2013 at 07:39 #

She has to ditch Rachel Zoe as her “new stylist” and go back to Elizabeth Stewart. Her RC outfits in 2011 were so much better and flattering.

• Ines February 5, 2013 at 11:25 #

I know right? Who ditch the stylist of Charlize Theron the goddess to get the stylist of Jessica Chastain?!

I LOVED the work Elizabeth did for both Charlize and Jennifer during the Burning plain. They both looked on point and oh so good. Really wonder what happened…she got a really bad advice there :(

10. jeremyrain February 5, 2013 at 08:06 #

Holy moly, she lost a lot of weights. Now I don’t know if she was sick, or under stressed, or even under pressure of her bony-ass stylist, but I really miss that curvy body of her, it really makes her stand out of the crowd of skinny “actresses”.

• gurlygurl February 5, 2013 at 08:30 #

+1 After all the commentary about her weight following The Hunger Games she hit back at the “skinny” crowd. I wish she’d stayed true to herself. I’m going to assume it’s Rachels’ influence here. Unfortunately even at the size zero the Hollywood crowd seem to find so enviable this look is just a hot mess.

• Ines February 5, 2013 at 11:20 #

She lost weight because she has walking pneumonia but must attend all those events and keep campaigning.

I have always dislike Rachel Zoe as a stylist and I can say I hate the work she has done with Jennifer. Rachel does not know how to dress a curvy girl like Jennifer. I remember Jennifer style during the Burning Plain promo with Charlize. She was a knockout. She did great with WB and THG too. Now..she looks like Mischa Barton circa 2000s. Her style went downhill ever since that dreadful dior suit and new association with Rachel. She should have kept her old team (PR and stylist). Really disappointed…

• Kathy February 6, 2013 at 18:55 #

Are you implying she’s at fault for losing weight? Even if it was intentional and not a result of her pneumonia and crazy promotion schedule (which it probably is), she’s not “betraying” herself. Weight is just weight. I think it’s better to focus on the fact that she’s nonchanlant about it and not obsessing over her weight like a lot of other female celebs than to blame her for not sticking to the “refusing-to-lose-weight” mantra. Curvy is beautiful, but so is thin.

11. Mandy February 5, 2013 at 09:51 #

She’s on the way to becoming my Most Disappointing for Award Season Award. I’m hoping that the weight loss is just sickness related and not because she’s being pressured to lose it.

12. Ysatis February 5, 2013 at 10:00 #

She’s still young and obviously trying very hard to find a look that suits her. I’d say that she is a work in progress. She should find a new stylist that’s for sure. The fake tan and heavy eye makeup don’t suit her either. She’s hot a mess.

13. Noemi (WBiS) February 5, 2013 at 11:15 #

I only like the lovely dress. I don’t like the dress, the hairstyle, the make up. She’s not a stylish person, for me.

14. Anne February 5, 2013 at 12:37 #

If she threw in a pair if flat sandals or flip flops and toted around an umbrella drink pool-side, I’d say, “What a cute beach look!” This is a mess for the red carpet. Her team failed her today, even her incomparable makeup artist.

I’m not one to say you need to be a budding fashionista to look good on the red carpet. Jen is a maxie dress, laid back girl. I put full blame in these lackluster looks on her new stylist who should know better. Ms Zoe has lost her mojo.

• Sally February 5, 2013 at 18:14 #

15. Neli February 5, 2013 at 12:55 #

A big No. She’s too talented but she has no style!
    “you can buy clothes but not style”

16. Louise February 5, 2013 at 13:12 #

EWWWW, it’s total mess

17. JessCar February 5, 2013 at 13:26 #

I don’t actually think this is awful. It certainly isnt perfect (ahem shoes, ahem fake tan….) but i think it would be vastly vastly improved if she just posed properly rather than standing straight on to the camera (I thought the same with the Stella McCartney jumpsuit as well….). Hair and general make up direction (excessive bronzer excluded), and the fit of the dress are all fine. However, she does need to get rid of Rachel Zoe if thats the reason shes only been looking a 4 for the last six months……

18. Jess2 February 5, 2013 at 13:45 #

I don’t think the dress is too bad, I like it better on Jennifer but I think it needed to be better fitted at the waist to give some definition, then the flared skirt would have looked better I think. I can’t believe the shoes here though. This definitely needed a coloured shoe, maybe blue to match her ring.
    I hope she is feeling ok, it is not a great time to be ill.

19. dee February 5, 2013 at 14:20 #

Don’t like this at all. She can do much better.

20. Berta February 5, 2013 at 15:12 #

Reminds me of Jessica Biel’s hideous Oscar Prada white dress from years ago.

21. Moxie February 5, 2013 at 15:59 #

A beach coverup and black pumps… horrors.

22. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 16:38 #

She is adorable but this dress isn’t working and the black pumps are a no as well. Come on Jen, we know you can do better!

23. arang February 5, 2013 at 18:28 #

Oh dear, Jennifer is such a gorgeous young woman, but that dress is just wrong. Wrong for the occasion, wrong for her figure, and wrong for her personality (imo). And those shoes are just wrong too. There. :) And if the poor girl is still ill, then someone needs to send her home to bed with a month’s supply of tea, books, and chocolate.

24. Kathy February 5, 2013 at 18:42 #

It’s not a terrible look IMO. It’s interesting in a casual, carefree way. Just needs better shoes and a better pose. It’s a luncheon, not an actual awards ceremony, so I’m going to let her off the hook for looking below-par.

25. FISTFULOFPOWER February 7, 2013 at 01:37 #

HATE the look but LOVE her hair & makeup, she looks so sexy yet fresh faced!