Andrea Riseborough In Jenny Packham - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Andrea Riseborough attended the London Evening Standard British Film Awards at the London Film Museum on Monday evening in the capital, where she picked up the award for ‘Best Actress’ for her magnificent performance as an IRA bomber in James Marsh’s thriller, ‘Shadow Dancer’.

The one person who will not be picking up any awards is her makeup artist.

Holy Moly, she did a poor job on Ms Riseborough.

I mean, was the dress code fancy dress, and Andrea went as Casper the friendly ghost?

It’s such a shame that all I can focus on is her makeup when she wore a divine Jenny Packham Spring 2013 white gown with silver crystal cap-sleeves.

She styled the look with silver Rupert Sanderson ‘Elba’ pumps with a silver crystal heel, and a Swarovski silver crystal ‘Power’ clutch, with more bling to be had courtesy of her Faberge jewels, which included a stunning emerald ring.

Veronica Lake-esque waves completed her stunning look – from the neck down.

Sally Field In Alberta Ferretti - 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Sally Field In Alberta Ferretti – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy - The Hollywood Reporter Nominees' Night 2013

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

28 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Jenny Packham – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

1. Pablo February 5, 2013 at 10:10 #

What’s this?? That mask is so incredibly tragic it almost looks like a prank.

• Christine February 6, 2013 at 03:52 #

She looks horrible.

2. Ysatis February 5, 2013 at 10:57 #

She looks like a clown. I am not a makeup artist yet even I know that if you’re going to have your picture taken with a flash you should avoid foundation with SPF like the plague.

3. Fiona - Perth February 5, 2013 at 10:57 #

Tragic! I thought perhaps she had just come directly from being on stage somewhere, that is the only excuse for such horrifically heavy makeup. What a shame!

4. Mary February 5, 2013 at 11:41 #

Why oh why!?!

5. Nat February 5, 2013 at 11:48 #

I’m speechless.
    This is the worst makeup I’ve ever seen.
    How could she decide it was a good idea to leave the house with that stuff on her face?
    I can’t even comment on the dress because the makeup is too distracting.

6. Rachael February 5, 2013 at 11:51 #

Even worse in the close-up. Even the mascara is terrible – I’ve never seen clumps like it on the red carpet.

Not too big a fan of the dress either, although I don’t know if that’s just the makeup putting me off.

7. Joy February 5, 2013 at 11:58 #

Now that’s unfortunate. That makeup artist should find a new profession. Quite possibly the worst makeup I’ve ever seen. What a beautiful Jenny Packman dress too. :( Tragic!

8. msd February 5, 2013 at 12:01 #

She must have done it herself. I just can’t imagine a professional makeup artist doing this to anyone. It’s like something out of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane …

9. Rashmi February 5, 2013 at 12:08 #

Hehe Casper look alike!

It looks like her make up artist had some grudge against her :D

Neck down, I am in love with the dress and the crystal cape!

10. Juliana February 5, 2013 at 12:11 #

I swore she was Madeleine Stowe! Poor makeup!

• Luisy February 7, 2013 at 03:26 #

I totally agree!!!

11. Beta February 5, 2013 at 12:57 #

‘Casper the friendly ghost’ LOL!!
    my first thought was that maybe she was disguised as a geisha.
    A pity, because the gown is amazing

12. Jess2 February 5, 2013 at 13:11 #

Poor Andrea, this is probably the worst makeup we have seen on the red carpet in a very long time. The dress is nice but she really needed some support in the chest area.

13. Anne February 5, 2013 at 13:20 #

Oooof. That’s just unfortunate. The dress is so gorgeous too, especially against her raven locks. The peachy lip was a good thought, but…. well, i think the pics speak for themselves.

14. TeaAtTwo February 5, 2013 at 13:26 #

OMG, the close-up shots were painful and hilarious to look at. Not totally sure on the sheer panel on her but the rest of the dress is nice.

15. dee February 5, 2013 at 14:46 #

Her makeup is awful. Ruins this lovely look.

16. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 15:20 #

I don’t like the plunging sheer neckline. I like the back of the dress but her makeup is terrible. Ghostly and ghastly.

17. Moxie February 5, 2013 at 15:58 #

Oh my God, that makeup is awful. Apparently she didn’t take a picture to see how it would look under the flashbulbs. Either that, or she didn’t even look in the mirror. Not quite as ghastly as that one time with Nicole Kidman’s white streaked makeup, but very close.

Its a shame, because the dress is quite lovely.

18. Rebecca Z February 5, 2013 at 16:57 #

The lighting is terrible–that said she is still over made-up. Not that wild about the dress either–the illusion in the front is clumsy though the lighting doesn’t help that either. She is not regal enough for this dress. Angelina Jolie could have pulled this off, but would have chosen not to.

19. Conny February 5, 2013 at 17:36 #

This Make-up ist HORRIBLE!!!

20. arang February 5, 2013 at 18:03 #

What’s going on here?! The dress and the lady are lovely, but the makeup is Kabuki-like. I can’t imagine that foundation looked right even in normal lighting, so I’m at a loss. Such a pity because that dress really looks great on her.

21. Leti February 5, 2013 at 18:16 #

Very aging makeup! I thought she was Madeleine Stowe. Lovely dress, but I think it looks better on the model. I guess I like it better on someone taller.

22. Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 19:40 #

Oh God, this is a horrendous makeup, ruins the whole look. The gown is beautiful on the model, but the sheer part looks tacky on Andrea. A big no from me.

23. pipsqueak February 6, 2013 at 02:44 #

Tell me you see her too so I know I didn’t just see a ghost. Her make-up was done in a dark room with no mirrors. Or maybe she was going for a Halloween themed look.

24. Ts February 6, 2013 at 03:12 #

Aside from the makeup, I also feel like this dress would look better on someone with a darker complexion due to the sheer white panel. The runway model looks better as she has a tan.

25. Noemi (WBiS) February 6, 2013 at 09:44 #

The dress is beautiful and glamorous, but the make up, what was her make up artist thinking? She has the same color on half the face and eyelid, she’s too white, looks like a waxwork. Terrible, such a pity.

26. anonymous as always February 7, 2013 at 19:03 #

Well to me this looks like Corpse Bribe meets Snow Queen… It’s a difficult dress to pull off and she didn’t make it…