Amy Adams In J. Mendel – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Amy Adams In J Mendel - 85th Academy Awards Nominations LuncheonEverything was coming up flowers for the Oscar-nominated Amy Adams who flitted down the red carpet at the 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon, hosted on Monday at The Beverly Hilton in California.

The actress went girly and graceful in her exploded floral-print entrée from J. Mendel’s Spring 2013 collection.

The long-sleeve, ultra-”violet” frock could have seemed overwhelming. But then Amy turned to reveal the cool cut-out back; it was just the touch of edge this luxe day dress required.

As for the ubiquitous nude pumps, I would have swapped the Casadei platforms, which felt too weighty for this diaphanous design, for something closer to the runway pair.

To complete the look, Amy pulled her auburn hair into a low ponytail, adding softness with face-framing layers, and painted on a petal-pink pout.

Helen Hunt In Dolce & Gabbana - 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Helen Hunt In Dolce & Gabbana – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Quvenzhane Wallis In David Meister - 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Quvenzhane Wallis In David Meister – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

17 Responses to Amy Adams In J. Mendel – 85th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

1. arang February 5, 2013 at 03:56 #

I was at first conflicted about this look, wondering if (barring the back) it was somewhat matronly. But I’ve decided that I like it. Hollywood could stand to cover up a little more. :) The color is lovely on her and I like the soft femininity of the dress and her styling. It suits her. I would like to burn the shoes, however.

2. Christine February 5, 2013 at 03:58 #

I didn’t even notice the shoes. The dress is stands out in a nice way. Pretty.

3. Rashmi February 5, 2013 at 04:45 #

Those shoes are such a wrong choice for the beautiful dress!
    It has a very romantic and cool vibe to it. Loving the look sans the shoes of course!

• dee February 5, 2013 at 14:03 #

4. Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 05:35 #

I think she looks gorgeous, I really like this look, not even bothered by the shoes.

5. kane February 5, 2013 at 07:14 #

The pattern in combination with this cut, especially the length, is too matronly for me.

6. Jai February 5, 2013 at 07:56 #

I will never, ever, ever, ever understand the appeal of stack-platformed pumps. They are ugly. They destroy every outfit. They are the worst trend ever.

7. TL February 5, 2013 at 08:39 #

Nice dress, but bad shoes. This is a very Keira KNightley-look.

8. Ysatis February 5, 2013 at 10:12 #

The shoes ruin the look. The dress is a bit too long and IMO it would suit someone with a more hourglass figure a lot better. I find Amy Adams very bland. Nothing stands out. Boring hair, boring makeup, boring face.

9. CreoleLady February 5, 2013 at 10:30 #

Gorgeous colors in this dress. Totally enjoying it until I got to those unspeakable bricks on her feet. Will pretend I did not see them.

10. Noemi (WBiS) February 5, 2013 at 11:11 #

Lovely dress, wrong shoes. In one of the photo she reminds me the “old, beautiful and glamorous” Nicole Kidman, when she was red haired and botox free.

11. Molly February 5, 2013 at 11:21 #

This would be a really great “swap my shoes” entry. So many beautiful options with these colors.

12. Nat February 5, 2013 at 11:56 #

The dress is stunning, truly a work of art. She looks good in it, but the shoes are terrible.

13. Anne February 5, 2013 at 12:43 #

Amy is a close second to Ms Chastain for best dressed at this event. Such a great print and flowy design with a surprise sexy back. I couldn’t look past the clod-hoppers on her feet though. One heavy shoe away from perfection

14. fromchi-town February 5, 2013 at 14:31 #

I will pretend I didn’t see those shoes. I love love love this look… its perfect, dreamy and also a great color. She looks gorgeous… why oh why those shoes :(

15. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 16:35 #

Very pretty and demure, which is a nice change from Hollywood. I love the print and purple is agreat color on her. The back is unexpected and stays classy, the only thing to change about this sweet look is the ugly shoes.

16. ash February 5, 2013 at 19:49 #

I LOVE the dress but her hairdo and the pumps….just NO.