Best Dressed Of The Week - Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé & Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford

Even though Miss Nina Dobrev gave her a good fight, Queen Cate Blanchett won the majority of your votes for Best Dressed this week.

Cate and Armani Privé has always been a winning combination, and her red dress, which she wore to the AACTA Awards, was no different.

When it came to the menswear poll, that was equally predictable as the no one was able to outdo Eddie Redmayne in his chambray Tom Ford suit.

Until Ryan Gosling and Andrew Garfield come back to the red carpet, methinks Eddie will continue to dominate this poll with his snazzy style and ability to pick a suit outside of the black, grey and navy colour palette favoured by most.

Credit: Getty

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

13 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé & Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford

1. rita February 4, 2013 at 11:13 #

Coming from a huge fan of Cate ( as an actress and as a fashionista), I really don’t get this look??? It’s just HIDEOUS to me! She pulls it off as usual but in my opinion, they were contenders who deserved her spot, e.g: Kerry or even Freida. But I respect readers choice, fair game :-)

• Nishta February 4, 2013 at 12:53 #

I absolutely agree. I think she looks good but to me the dress looks a bit like a cross between something out of star trek and a cheongsam and not in a good way. I thought Nina absolutely blew it out of the water.

My crush on Eddie, however, grows by the day.

• Jones19 February 4, 2013 at 14:24 #

I think Cate looks good but not so good as to win the poll. I voted for Nina.

2. Fiona-Brasil February 4, 2013 at 12:28 #

3. dee February 4, 2013 at 15:48 #

Great choices. Loved both of their looks.

4. Jennifer Cottman February 4, 2013 at 15:53 #

Kate looks wonderful, it isn’t often you see a dress like that and it fits her to a “T” you go girl.

5. Jennifer Cottman February 4, 2013 at 15:57 #

I can see why she won and was pic from all the ppl, She just looks, WOW!!! she isn’t hanging out all over the place nothing really showing that shouldn’t be she is beautiful in that dress.

6. Marybeth February 4, 2013 at 17:01 #

This is one week where I strongly, VERY strongly, disagree with both choices!
    (But it’s always great to see what others think.)

• Nat39 February 4, 2013 at 17:52 #

This was the week (seeing Eddie winning with this look so easily) when I wished more than ever Gosling had been in the poll. As for Cate, one can never underestimate the power of Cate the Great factor, I guess, woman flaunts her body (boobage included, thanks to the neckline modifications)in a flashy attention-grabbing tight-fitting piece, and we all bow down to the Queen. I’m sorry but I think this is sad.

7. Lucy February 4, 2013 at 17:55 #

Cate was stunning in that red dress. She can take risks because her style is unique. I love Cate like actress and like ícon fashion. She is the best.

8. arang February 4, 2013 at 19:50 #

Glad to see Eddie’s unusual choice won. I’m usually on board with Cate and her fashion choices, but to be honest, this dress looks like a hybrid of the Jetsons and the Incredibles to me. Lol! Despite the perfect fit and her undeniably great figure, I thought the bright shiny red overwhelmed Cate’s fair coloring. And since the dress’s bold style already screams for attention, the neckline tipped into try-hard to me. Wow, I didn’t realize my dislike of this look was so strong until I started writing! Oh well, no offense meant to the many who disagree. I realize I’m in a minority on this one.

9. Lizzie February 4, 2013 at 20:31 #

I voted for Nina, but Cate looks great too. I just dislike the length a bit!

Eddie, on the other hand, looks fab. He looks great at the London Evening Standard Film Awards tonight as well so I’m thinking he can do no wrong..

10. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 01:24 #

I love Cate and thought elements of the look were super cool (as was her presence) but I really disliked the plunging neckline. Eddie is perfection, though.