Jennfier Lawrence In Stella McCartney - 28th Santa Barbara Film Festival Outstanding Performer Of The Year Award CeremonyCollecting yet another prize for her shelf, Jennifer Lawrence was honored last night with the Outstanding Performer of Year Award at the 28th Santa Barbara Film Festival, hosted at the Arlington Theatre in California.

The ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ actress continued her blue period from the 2013 SAG Awards with this midnight-navy satin jumpsuit.

But what was so shocking was not the look’s casual edginess or its nod to androgyny, but that this Christian Dior darling debuted another designer for the red carpet, strutting out a pick from Stella McCartney’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection.

Her sporty, gown-skipping gumption is applaudable, although I wish the strapless, sculpted top hadn’t lopped over on one side.

With her hands in pockets, sans clutch, and not a glimpse of jewels to be found, a nondescript Casadei black pump was the only accessory to this ensemble.

Jennifer’s beauty was ironically similar to the designer’s lookbook styling, with messy ombre waves and nude makeup. But it all translated as a bit lackluster; more polish would have been nice to add some glam to this one-piece.

Does this jumpsuit make you jump for joy?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Angelababy In Christian Dior Couture -  ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Angelababy In Christian Dior Couture – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture - 2013 DGA Awards

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture – 2013 DGA Awards

31 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Stella McCartney – 28th Santa Barbara Film Festival Outstanding Performer Of The Year Award Ceremony

1. Yeliz February 3, 2013 at 19:49 #

This is yet another bad look from Jennifer. The jumpsuit is ill fitted and does nothing for her body. Her pose is bad as well. I don’t like this at all.

2. Marybeth February 3, 2013 at 19:53 #

“Does this jumpsuit make you jump for joy?”

The cut of the pants is unflattering even on the model.

• Fiona-Brasil February 4, 2013 at 00:21 #

3. roxy February 3, 2013 at 19:54 #

I really don’t get why a week can’t go by without one of Stella McCartney’s designs being worn on a red carpet. They just aren’t flattering.

• Pene February 5, 2013 at 12:42 #

I totally agree with you. The other day I was thinking she must be very friendly and really nice to have this celebs coming back to promote her, its the only explanation

4. Christine February 3, 2013 at 19:56 #

This is not a good look. Not liking this at all.

• dee February 4, 2013 at 15:40 #

Me neither.

5. jessicamarantelli February 3, 2013 at 20:22 #

Gotta stand up for my girl Jennifer, I lvoe this look. I first saw this on dailymail and it was a much better photo and looked awesome. A really cool look and very interesting. I dont mind that its navy and black again after that fab yellow pucci dress the other day. Her blue eye makeup was also a rather nice contrast…all in all. Love it.
    Next time choose a more flattering photo…still love you though FC.

• Kathy February 4, 2013 at 18:51 #

I don’t think it’s matter of choosing a more flattering photo. Any way you look at it, this jumpsuit is baggy and a poor fit.

• Mandy February 5, 2013 at 10:48 #

Agreed. In her other photos she is posing awkwardly like she’s not sure how to work this jumpsuit.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 3, 2013 at 20:23 #

A miss in my book. I don’t like jumpsuits and this one looks sloppy. The top is way too low as well. Her hair and shoes are wrong as well…I love Jennifer but this look doesn’t work.

7. jessicamarantelli February 3, 2013 at 20:24 #

*Love
    and she also had some pretty wicked rings on her fingers too.

8. Parvati February 3, 2013 at 20:36 #

Although this look gives me the impression that it’s a bit forced and that Jennifer doesn’t feel really comfortable in it, I really like that she wore something different. I like this jumpsuit and I really like her hair and make-up.

9. eleanorBBB February 3, 2013 at 20:49 #

I dont like to compare, but Kristen Stweart would have worked the ass off this Jumpsuit.
    and the fitting is horrobile, sorry…

10. arang February 3, 2013 at 20:58 #

Love Jennifer, not this. The look seems unfinished and the jumpsuit doesn’t flatter her at all. Actually, let me rephrase that: I pretty much hate this jumpsuit and am not sure who, if anyone, it would look good on. :(

11. Cecilia February 3, 2013 at 21:30 #

It’s a shame, but I think Jennifer lost her sparkle after Rachel Zoe became her stylist.

• Thaís February 3, 2013 at 22:46 #

+ 1

She urgently needs to change stylist. Although I admire Rachel Zoe, I don’t think she’s doing a good job with Jennifer.

12. Elizabeth February 3, 2013 at 21:42 #

HOW IS STELLA MCCARTNEY A SUCCESSFUL DESIGNER? Nepotism, because her designs are 95% hideous and unflattering. It’s amazing how someone can think up such unflattering and ugly clothes, like that paisley one shoulder dress. Ugh.

13. asherlev1 February 3, 2013 at 22:42 #

She looks awful.

What has Rachel Zoe done to her. DDDD:

I think I’ve only unreservedly loved TWO of her looks this entire awards season.

14. TeaAtTwo February 3, 2013 at 23:01 #

I don’t mind the fit around the body, though the top needs pulling up. The blue/black shading isn’t working around the legs though. A slick up do may have dressed the look up.

15. anjos February 3, 2013 at 23:02 #

It’s incredible how horrible this jumpsuit looks on her, to be completely honest. Upper half is kinda okay, but the bottom doesn’t flatter her figure at all. I have a problem with Jennifer in general. Her stylist seems to think that her client is a middle-aged actress. (No offense to middle-aged actresses though since a lot of them are dressing way more interesting than her.) There are type of cuts and outfits I’d never put a woman under 40 in and I always see her in those type of dresses. Even if this jumpsuit had a potential to be more on the youthful side… black pumps? Really? There are hundreds of shoes out there that would make this look more fun.

16. Liliana Rangel February 3, 2013 at 23:52 #

She’s gorgeous but this outfit unfortunately, makes her look short and chubby.

17. Molly February 4, 2013 at 00:03 #

This is just further proof that Rachel Zoe has it in for her clients.

18. CStuff February 4, 2013 at 03:42 #

Jennifer looks beautiful. She always manages to pull off stunning natural beauty. No major make up, no major jewels or accessories. She always just looks good being a nice, talented, beautiful actress. A breath of fresh air in such a superficial world :)

19. Jess2 February 4, 2013 at 13:51 #

I really appreciate the effort and her choice of a new designer (for her), and aside from the bold on the bodice, I think this looks better on Jen than on the model. Unfortunately, the execution isn’t fantastic. We have definitely seen worse from Miss Lawrence but we have also seen much better. On the plus side, her eyes are phenomenal here, they really stand out!

20. Jjovana February 4, 2013 at 16:08 #

Absolutely horrible. Why do celebrities still continue on listening to Rachel Zoe? Didnt she purposly reduce Nicole Richi to a crazy skinny, unhealthy size so she can treat her like a barbie doll? This woman is dangerous. Jen needs to find a new stylist ASAP. Maybe brush her hair next time.

21. Haley February 4, 2013 at 19:12 #

It could have worked if she had a higher heel and some tape. Also, a different hairstyle and different makeup.

22. Iris February 4, 2013 at 20:54 #

Ok, now officially bored with Jennifer’s fashion sense and lacklustre hair. Not long now til another actress gets all the awards attention and hopefully she will be super stylish.

23. Teleholic February 5, 2013 at 01:35 #

I thought Rachel Zoe was supposed to be amazing… I don’t understand. Maybe she and Jen just don’t mesh like Renee and Carolina. It’s not bad, per se, but that Hunger Games promo tour has me incredibly nostalgic looking at this. I’m sort of in love with her because she’s hilarious which is why I want her to do better.

24. LizLemooooooon February 5, 2013 at 04:21 #

Almost every pop culture/celeb gossip website/fashion blog I’ve been on thinks Rachel Zoe needs to be replaced as Jen’s stylist. I PRAY Jen’s team are taking note.
    She needs to get back with whoever was styling her for 2011 coz not only did she look youthful yet tastefully sexy but she was stylish. She’s worn frumpy look after frumpy look ever since Rachel Zoe. Terrible.

25. anonymous as always February 7, 2013 at 18:50 #

Why there is so much hate for Stella McCartney? Ok she might not be the best designer ever but she is good enough. I can’t call myself a great fun of hers but she has made some clothes I have really liked…
    As for Jennifer’s look is not bad. It actually makes her body look feminine although a jumpsuit…