Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 NAACP Image Awards

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 NAACP Image Awards

The belle of the ball at the 2013 NAACP Image Awards on Friday evening was most definitely Kerry Washington.

Not only did the ‘Scandal’ actress look breath-taking wearing an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 gown, but she also picked up three awards including, ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture’ for ‘Django Unchained’, ‘Best Actress in a Drama Series’ for ‘Scandal’ which was also honoured with the ‘Best Drama Series’ Award.

Kerry’s off-the-shoulder pink floral guipure and aqua ornamental cloque gown featured a rise-and-fall hemline which showed off her nude Christian Louboutin pumps.

A pink Kotur clutch, brooch and earrings by the same designer plus a Neil Lane ring accessorized her look with a half-up, half-down hairstyle providing the finishing touches.

Now I have a dilemma.

Which is my favourite Kerry Washington look so far this year? The Giles gown or this Oscar de la Renta gown.

I may need to toss a coin to decide this one.

Credit: Style.com, FameFlynet & Getty

Selena Gomez In Kaelen - Out In LA

Selena Gomez In Kaelen – Out In LA

Garcelle Beauvais In J. Mendel - 2013 NAACP Image Awards

Garcelle Beauvais In J. Mendel – 2013 NAACP Image Awards

46 Responses to Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 NAACP Image Awards

1. Andrea February 2, 2013 at 15:08 #

I love love love it! Beautiful colours for her and the clutch and brooch is a perfect match.

• Christine February 2, 2013 at 18:58 #

I agree to a certain extent. Although the dress is grand and fab. I am not on board with her hair and shoes.

2. Taylor February 2, 2013 at 15:10 #

I really can’t with Miss Kerry…she keeps coming at you with these killer looks. Loving everything about this look.

3. Carolina February 2, 2013 at 15:15 #

I don’t think this is her best look. In fact, it looks a bit overwhelming on her, especially the skirt. Compared to the model, the skirt is over-long, and the neckline does not sit quite right.

• Lyo February 2, 2013 at 15:29 #

I agree… plus I really dislike the shoes.

• Nat39 February 2, 2013 at 18:06 #

I love this look but just like with her Giles look she simply cannot carry off this kind of voluminous skirts, she doesn’t have the height, she gets overwhelmed and badly stumpified, I think she should stay away from this type of designs, the shoe choice could’ve been more inspiring.

• Nat39 February 2, 2013 at 18:33 #

…and her hair is a bit too casual.

• Nat39 February 2, 2013 at 18:58 #

looked at other pics, changed my mind about the hair – it actually helps keep the very light feminine feel of the look (rather than overly dramatic or ‘official’ with an updo). Overall I find this look very charming and I like it a lot.

• Liana February 2, 2013 at 22:29 #

She looks good, but she could have look exquisite. I’m not found on the hair either: I never found that kind of look particularly flatering.

4. Anissa February 2, 2013 at 15:17 #

I love the dress but something is really off w/ her makeup…can’t quite put my finger on it but I think it’s her lipstick color.

5. Jess2 February 2, 2013 at 15:22 #

This was one of my favourite pieces from the collection. I love love love this look! I do prefer this over her Giles look although that was also pretty amazing! The colours here are just spectacular!! BDOTW!!

6. sonia February 2, 2013 at 15:23 #

ufff…too mmuch sugar even for me!!!!!

7. Lisa February 2, 2013 at 15:24 #

This is beautiful, but I prefer the Giles look. When I went back to review the Giles look, it still floored me!

8. TeaAtTwo February 2, 2013 at 15:25 #

Pinned! She looks beautiful, the candy colours look so sweet on her. The hair plays up the romantic feel and I like how the back of the skirt trails at the back.

9. Angela February 2, 2013 at 15:27 #

I adore Kerry Washington. She has, in her Django Unchained tour alone, shown us contemporary looks such as the Pilotto, vintage (Louis Vuitton) minimalist (Prada) Floaty and mysterious (Giles) Beachy (J Mendel) and prints (Rochas). And now she shows us she can be sugary sweet, and I must say I love it! So far she’s my best dressed celebrity of the year!

10. SilentVisitor February 2, 2013 at 15:33 #

Wow, just Wow……..she has been on fire this year…she looks stunning. I love the colors….
    This vs Giles == Both

11. Alina February 2, 2013 at 16:23 #

BDOTY contender.

12. EmmaWoodhouse February 2, 2013 at 16:28 #

I adore this. The colors, the style, so fresh and fun and elegant! It is beautiful on Kerry! BDOTW and BDOTY contender. I only would have added a pinker lipstick and a better shoe, but those are minor details. This is contending with the Giles for my favorite look from her as well.

13. Pedro February 2, 2013 at 16:38 #

Amazing dress but not on Kerry!

5/10

14. Neli February 2, 2013 at 17:28 #

Looks gorgeous but always boring pumps

15. Arina February 2, 2013 at 17:29 #

No words, this is just breathtaking! Love it even more than the Giles one. I can’t see how anyone else can conjure up something better until Friday and beat her for BDotW…

16. justme February 2, 2013 at 17:30 #

I don’t like the shoes but everything else gets a huge, huge yeeeess from me.

17. Kathy February 2, 2013 at 17:48 #

There’s no doubt it’s a beautiful dress, but the pastel colors seem to make Kerry’s skin look slightly ashy and it’s unflattering. Still, the variety of her RC looks is really nice and she’s worn mostly memorable and unique outfits.

• Fashion Critic February 2, 2013 at 19:17 #

I would argue (politely of course) that the ashy factor is a result of the makeup.

18. jones19 February 2, 2013 at 18:13 #

WOW she looks spectacular. Stunning!

• Fiona-Brasil February 3, 2013 at 11:45 #

19. Jamie Sanford February 2, 2013 at 18:18 #

The Giles was better! This is beautiful but I’m not obsessed with it.

20. Disappointed February 2, 2013 at 18:23 #

Sorry. Love Kerry but missed her usual glamour. Her hair looked undone and the dress appeared to be separate mismatched pieces– suitable for the runway perhaps, but not for television! She did, however, make powerful acceptance speeches and is still my number one!!

21. Simon February 2, 2013 at 18:33 #

For me the Giles gown still win, i don’t like the hair style here, i miss the runway belt and the front is not high enough like on the model, so no. But still this look is amazing, and i love this gown so much.

22. Ella February 2, 2013 at 18:34 #

Now this is a Kerry dress I LOVE. Sometimes I’m on the fence with her choices, but not this one! Simply classy and stunning and I adore the colors!

23. arang February 2, 2013 at 18:36 #

Love the unapologetic (but elegant) girliness of this! The low-key jewelry and hairstyle keep it from being fussy to me. The skirt might be a bit much for her petite build, but I still think she makes it work. She’s such a chameleon at pulling off these different styles!

24. Joy February 2, 2013 at 19:30 #

Wow! This girl is on FIRE!!! Both looks are two of my favorites so far this year. Beautiful, flawless and fashionable!!! Love!

25. Yeliz February 2, 2013 at 20:56 #

None of her other looks has beaten her Giles look for me so far, but this comes close, though I still prefer Giles over this one. She looks stunning here nonetheless and I’m loving the colours against her skin tone.

26. Saree February 2, 2013 at 21:03 #

I know it’s VERY early days, but she is already Best Dressed of the year. If Diane is going to Cannes this year, she best be planning her outfits now, cause Kerry has given her a run for her money!

27. Chloe February 3, 2013 at 01:18 #

Each look is better than the last. She’s blowing my world right now

28. kiwi February 3, 2013 at 07:59 #

Love this.. just wish she had worn some strappy sandals

29. SydneyCheekyChic February 3, 2013 at 09:56 #

wow!! I haven’t loved loved LOVED something this much in awhile

30. Maria S. February 3, 2013 at 10:19 #

It is a bit early to judge who is going to be Best Dressed of 2013, but I think Kerry already won the Best Promotional Tour 2013. I doubt that anyone else can have such a consistent run of appearances. Well done to her team :D

31. Nat February 3, 2013 at 11:30 #

I love her, but this is not her best look.
    I much prefer the dress on the runway…it’s a bit too long on Kerry.
    Plus, the colours are not doing her any favours.
    I’m not sold on the styling either: both the pumps and her hair are uninspiring.

32. Tatá February 3, 2013 at 13:22 #

That’s why I would love FC to do a best list of looks from the most impressive ones every year. It’s hard to pick just one when it comes to people like Kerry. She deserves a top 5 looks of the year, along with Diane Kruger and others…
    Pleeease FC, would you consider!?! ;-)

• Catherine Kallon February 3, 2013 at 13:26 #

if I remember I will try to do something that recognises someone other than Diane Kruger

33. Jess February 3, 2013 at 14:43 #

this is nice, but not a patch on the Giles look, which was better fitted and had better make-up

34. the ogre February 4, 2013 at 06:24 #

wow! trust her to bring and do something different on the red carpet! but apart from her looking absolutely fabulous special mention to mr. oscar de la renta for creating dat masterpiece! look at the intricacy of detail out there. datz a beauty in itself! this look is great but i prefer the giles one over this. that one was just epic!

35. dee February 4, 2013 at 15:05 #

I like the dress but not on Kerry. She is too petite for it. I also do not like her lipcolor.

36. Haley February 4, 2013 at 19:32 #

You either love it or hate it, and I hate it. I hate it on the runway, I hate it on her. But I really want to like it, I just can’t.

37. Jillia March 5, 2013 at 19:55 #

Love the dress – it just doesn’t look so good on her but I’ve seen worse. It still looks lovely because she wears it with the right attitude.