Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford - 28th Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Virtuoso Award Ceremony

Eddie Redmayne took his sharp style to the Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara, California yesterday for the 28th Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Virtuoso Award Ceremony.

Many of you gave the thumbs down to Eddie’s Hugo Boss brown suit at the 2013 SAG Awards, but I’m pretty certain he will get back in your good graces swiftly with this Tom Ford Spring 2013 suit.

His two-piece blue chambray suit was styled with a blue-and-white gingham shirt which complemented his pocket square.

My favourite Eddie look was the Alexander McQueen suit he wore to the ‘Les Mis’ New York premiere, but this ranks a very close second.

I constantly admire his wide range of suits, which he styles so handsomely.

Singlehandedly, he is keeping me interested in menswear.

Credit: TomFord.com & Getty

Sally Hawkins In Mulberry - 2014 BAFTAs

Sally Hawkins In Mulberry – 2014 BAFTAs

Analeigh Tipton In Barbara Bui - ‘Warm Bodies’ LA Premiere

Analeigh Tipton In Barbara Bui – ‘Warm Bodies’ LA Premiere

29 Responses to Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford – 28th Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Virtuoso Award Ceremony

1. Rafael January 30, 2013 at 19:29 #

DAAAMN! What an amazing suit! I love the summery vibe of this look, casual but still elegant. Eddie is killing the red carpet. BDOTW!!

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2013 at 19:29 #

At first I was worried that this was denim, but now that I’ve been relieved by the knowledge that it’s chambray I can give it a decided thumbs-up. He is going to be BDMOTY again. I feel it in my bones.

3. Yeliz January 30, 2013 at 19:31 #

Oh my, how can I not love this look, it’s perfect. This suit is much better than all of the velvet suits he wore before. In fact, this is now my favourite Eddie look. I think I found my BDMOTW.

4. Nat39 January 30, 2013 at 19:31 #

I rank his Hugo Boss ink-blue suit at Berlin fashion week 2nd to his Alexander McQueen. Can’t say I love this look, and while the shoes are interesting, they are way out of place, simple black shoes would’ve worked with the blue and white colour scheme and grounded the look.

5. lyka January 30, 2013 at 19:48 #

I actually quite liked that crushed velvet Hugo Boss, but this is just another level of cool. His suits always fit him to perfection and he takes some fun risks with color and fabric. He simply cannot do wrong in my book.

6. dee January 30, 2013 at 19:50 #

He looks sharp. I like it.

7. Noemi (WBiS) January 30, 2013 at 19:52 #

I’m not crazy about the shoes but gosh… he’s so stylish. And good looking.

8. mm January 30, 2013 at 19:58 #

He has been my favorite every appearance. Love this suit, need those shoes for my man

• adrian January 30, 2013 at 21:26 #

+1 dying for the shoes

9. nina January 30, 2013 at 20:10 #

what, no velvet??? Colour me SHOCKED!

10. justme January 30, 2013 at 20:23 #

This looks awfully close to denim for my comfort and those brown shoes were the wrong choice.

But, as most of the time, I applaud him for going the original way with his shirt and his pocket square.

11. MissAmynae January 30, 2013 at 20:53 #

he’s Standing Up Straight!!!

and looking fab. Love this suit, glad he didn’t wear a tie, would have ruined the casual-cool look.

12. Marybeth January 30, 2013 at 20:58 #

I’m glad he skipped the tie. Chambray is a rather casual and summery fabric, an odd choice for winter, even in California. In any case, blue chambray is just too close to blue denim for my taste. I’d prefer it be limited to just a jacket or sportcoat, not a whole suit.
    And the brown shoes? I don’t think so. But then again, the black dress shoes on the model don’t look quite right to me either.
    I don’t hate it by any means, but I’m not sold on it either.

13. Moxie January 30, 2013 at 21:42 #

He must have a really good stylist. He said on the SAG red carpet that he was color blind.

14. Dan Oliver January 30, 2013 at 22:01 #

Wow I love this I would wear this in a heartbeat Eddie and Andrew Garfield are the only men who’s fashion choices really keep me interested on the red carpet.

15. TeaAtTwo January 30, 2013 at 22:27 #

Does he have a stylist? He always makes interesting choices and this is another dapper look. He wear clothes so well. The shoes work quite well but I might have chosen grey shoes.

• Mandy January 31, 2013 at 00:53 #

He has said that his long-term girlfriend, i think now fiancee, helps him choose his outfits because he is colour blind.

16. Suzette McKenzie January 31, 2013 at 00:01 #

This man can do no wrong to me. He is so suave, so elegant. I only pay attention to the menswear now because of him. This is my favorite look thus far, but of course he will surpass himself, he always does!

17. Eve_V January 31, 2013 at 00:31 #

Amazing! His shoes fit the more relaxed and casual vibe of the suit just perfect. And I am so happy he didn’t wear that horrid tie!

18. Christine January 31, 2013 at 02:34 #

He rocked this like no other. He is up there now with Ryan Gosling. This is BDOTW and BDOTY nominee for men. I love his range of suits too. It took me awhile to get used to his style but I am liking it.

Glad to see men having fun with suits. nice to see suits other than the same ol black tux.

19. pipsqueak January 31, 2013 at 03:15 #

He’s so stylish and elegant. This look is BDOTW worthy. I’m so happy for his successful and proud to say I “discovered” this talent before Led Mid. We want more Eddie!

• pipsqueak January 31, 2013 at 03:16 #

Les Mis* Auto-populate is so annoying!

20. arang January 31, 2013 at 05:07 #

I really like this overall look, though I must also admit to a niggling uncertainty on the shoes. But no matter! I just appreciate how he pretty much always manages to wear something distinctive (but tasteful) to these events. Without him, I probably wouldn’t be much interested in the menswear side of things either.

21. Rashmi January 31, 2013 at 05:39 #

Oh my God.. I just died a bit seeing him so look so handsome!
    It feels so good to see a guy so much interested in looking stylish and not being in the comfort zone!
    Have to say, I like this slightly more than the Alexander McQueen look.

22. Teleholic January 31, 2013 at 06:19 #

Oh my gosh, I found out he was color blind and I love him even more.

23. fashionmint January 31, 2013 at 06:22 #

he looks as cool as a cucumber !

24. Zissou January 31, 2013 at 12:16 #

I am torn on Eddie – I quite love his choices, but at the same time, he’s able to single-handedly kill the whole look with his smirk. It reminds me of the whole Miley-pouting thing.
    Still, I think this is a very nice shot, which means I am able to focus on the clothes and they are pretty darn amazing.

25. Jacqueline Chiu January 31, 2013 at 16:25 #

Oh my god is actually all I’m going to say.

26. Elle February 1, 2013 at 01:46 #

OMGAH GASPSSSSSSSS!!!!! He is simply stunning!!! I love the color, fit, and how he wears it! Eddie is colorblind too–amazing.