Celebrities Love…Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2013 Chequered Print

Celebs Love Louis Vuitton Check Print 1

‘Check’ marks the spot when it comes to Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2013 entree, starting with Marc Jacobs’ happy yellow and white checkered runway and continuing with his checquerboard of mini, midi and maxi dresses—and more.

But the real end game? The celebrity pretties who have been bold enough to embrace the graphic grid.

Actresses Kristen Stewart, Berenice Bejo and Hailee Steinfeld were early wearers of the trend, snatching their short, leggy interpretations straight from the runway.

Kristen and Hailee both took a youthful approach with their trendy rompers, and I liked how Berenice added a pop of colour with her red heel.

Celebs Love Louis Vuitton Check Print 2

Going for a more glam spin, the statuesque Elettra Wiedemann pulled off a jumpsuit that worked because of her model height. ‘Django Unchained’ actress Kerry Washington debuted a lovely white and ivory exit at a photocall, all tied up with a bow. And Kirsten Dunst strutted out one of the column gowns, using the 2013 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala to make her mark.

Celebs Love Louis Vuitton Check Print 3

Starlet Jessica Alba surprised everyone by sporting a black-and-white sequined rendition at a 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party, while Juno Temple stepped outside the box (slightly) with one of the lime-green and ivory prints. Miroslava Duma made her tan-and-white outfit winter-ready with heavy black tights, but lightened it up with a bow similar to Kerry’s while attending shows during Paris Couture Week.

Celebs Love Louis Vuitton Check Print 4

Not phased by the full-on adoption of the chequered look, Asian beauty Huo Si Yan cut her look short, while Virginie Courtin-Clarins went head-to-toe in the mini box print. Model Miranda Kerr wore the playground of squares just as well as the original runway strutter, while Maria Leon recycled Berenice’s previously donned dress (with a less successful shoe).

Already spotted on no fewer than 16 celebrities, I wouldn’t be surprised if this loved-up LV collection heads for a lucky 21 (or more) red-carpet appearances.

These ladies have made a checquered past look oh-so-cool.

Credit: Getty, Sina & Billy Farrell/BFAnyc

Hannah Simone In Theia - Zooey Deschanel's Glamour Cover Girl Party

Hannah Simone In Theia – Zooey Deschanel’s Glamour Cover Girl Party

Mollie King's Reiss 'Bailey' Cropped Bomber Jacket

Mollie King’s Reiss ‘Bailey’ Cropped Bomber Jacket

21 Responses to Celebrities Love…Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2013 Chequered Print

1. Yeliz January 29, 2013 at 16:41 #

I think every look is great except Juno Temple, Huo Si Yan and Virginie Courtin-Clarins’s looks. I have to say that I’m not that tired by this collection, I think it’s better than the Dolce & Gabbana star print one.

2. inessa January 29, 2013 at 16:53 #

I’m still in love with this collection. Not bored at all.

3. Rebecca Z January 29, 2013 at 17:06 #

Interesting that this bold collection has attracted so many wearers. I like it, too.

4. Ruffon January 29, 2013 at 17:29 #

It always happens the same with every LV collection, no matter how horrible it is. I still have nightmares with Spring 2009. I didn´t like the collection at first, but I have to admit most of the looks translate well to the red carpet.
    I specially like Kirsten, Kristen and the chinese actress that ussually look like a clown.

5. robbie January 29, 2013 at 18:04 #

hailee is probably the only one who looks absolutely perfect in it.

6. justme January 29, 2013 at 18:15 #

Some of these ladies manage to look good in this collection, like Isabeli Fontana or Kerry Washington.

But ultimately, the damier print belongs to leather goods (bags, wallets, luggage…).
    I mean, would you wear a gown with the LV monogram all over it? Hell no lol. This isn’t different imo.

7. Rashmi January 29, 2013 at 18:30 #

Kirsten Dunst wore it the best followed by Kerry!

8. Kathy January 29, 2013 at 18:30 #

Hailee’s look is my favorite. The “edges” of the print on her dress are more rounded, so they look less graphic and more interesting. Kristen and Jessica don’t look bad, either. Kerry’s dress is my favorite, but the whole outfit is too cutesy.

9. Luiza January 29, 2013 at 19:03 #

I love this collection, but I have to say that I’m already complety bored by this print.

My favorite is Kirsten, and Kristen comes in second place.

• Luis January 29, 2013 at 21:44 #

Agree.

10. Lori January 29, 2013 at 19:04 #

They might love it but that doesn’t make it right.

11. Agathe January 29, 2013 at 19:11 #

My favourite is Kerry Washington, by far.

These dresses are so shapeless…

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2013 at 19:13 #

Agreed, Kerry is still my favourite too

12. Anne January 29, 2013 at 19:17 #

Ms Stewart was my favorite, as the piece she wore was the most interesting and fresh. I loved those bold Atwoods, too. Quite a few of the others struggled with the fit- whether it was a hair too baggy (even for the Mod silhouette) or way too short.

13. EmmaWoodhouse January 29, 2013 at 19:23 #

Jessica Slaba’s is the only one I really *like*, Kerry and Hailee pulled theirs off well, and I like something about Kirsten’s (not sure why). But on the whole this print REALLY needs to go away!

• EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2013 at 00:27 #

um, that was meant to be “Alba”

14. anjos January 29, 2013 at 19:47 #

With so many interesting looks on the runway every season and celebrities usually sticking to same old safe choices 90% of the time, it’s exciting to see such a bold and unusual collection being worn so much. It’s also nice that we can see the dresses being worn in lots of different ways ’cause it all looked quite same-y on the runway.

Kerry is definitely my favorite. But I love Hailee’s outfit, too.

15. JJovana3 January 29, 2013 at 20:37 #

While I love the bold print of this collection, I find it very shapeless and unflattering. This kind of stuff is not here to stick around. Its a passing trend. Although, Kerry Washington looks flawless. That was one of my favorite looks of her Django premiere tour. Also Haile S. pulled it off very well without looking “boxy”

16. dee January 29, 2013 at 20:45 #

Don’t like this print and wish it would go away.

17. Lani Lye January 29, 2013 at 23:33 #

Miranda is my favorite in the oh-so-popular print – Haley Stienfeld in close second.

18. lu January 30, 2013 at 13:50 #

I really like how this collection looks on the red carpet, even though it is a bit too many peole wearing it right now. I think Kirsten, Kristen, Kerry, Jessica, Hailee and Miranda looked the best.