Viola Davis In Monique Lhuillier – 2013 SAG Awards

Viola Davis In Monique Lhuillier - 2013 SAG AwardsViola Davis brought a shock of color to the red carpet at the 2013 SAG Awards, hosted this evening at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.

Her Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013 gown was a turquoise dream with its flattering, slightly Grecian draping and the asymmetric one-shoulder detail that flowed into a long train at the back.

The color looked gorgeous on the red carpet and on Viola, who continues to rock her bold cropped haircut.

Jimmy Choo sandals, a Judith Leiber clutch and Cathy Waterman jewels, including a turquoise cuff and complementary coral pendant earrings, finished the look.

The only thing I would have changed in the dress is the lining, which wasn’t visible on the runway. On Viola, it ended mid-thigh and proved a distracting addition, as it peeked through the diaphanous chiffon layers.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

19 thoughts on “Viola Davis In Monique Lhuillier – 2013 SAG Awards

1. Nat39

The lining issue aside, the gown is so light and beautiful, loving the colour and delicate fabric, and how it drapes and softens Viola´s athletic physique, she looks gorgeous.

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Totally agree. If the lining was floorlength, it would a be 10 out of 10. But if I ignore it, it’s still a lovely look and the color is beyond divine on her.

2. CreoleLady

A true shame about the lining because that color is spectacular. I love a beautifully fitted and flowing chiffon gown. Digging the earrings and cuff.

3. Prudence

omg shes back!!! funny, I was thinking about her today and hoping to see her tonight, and there she is looking fab. I adore her in color and she never disappoints.

4. Yeliz

The lining is unfortunate, but it doesn’t bother me that much, because overall it’s a beautiful gown and the colour looks stunning on her.

5. the ogre

thank god for viola otherwise i would have just cried out in frustration! i will completely and totally forgive the lining! i really dont care! she has made my dream come true! divine!

6. Neli

Finally an a star on red carpet( actress relevant with talent)! Looks stunning! Amazing color. Amazing dress and amazing actress!

7. lu

She looks gorgeous, love the dress i really flattering on her, the color is divine, and the lining doesn’t bother me that much. What does bothers me it’s that I´m sure she’s worn a very similar dress in another color but I can´t remember when. Still a wining look.