28.01.13

Victoria Beckham For Elle UK March 2013

document8822691001763179750.indd

Victoria Beckham wears Burberry on the cover of Elle UK, which was shot by Carter Smith for the March 2013 edition.

The designer, who has recently relocated her family back to the UK, of course wears her own designs in the editorial, but she also dons Lanvin, Hussein Chalayan and Miu Miu, with footwear provided by her favourite shoe designer, Manolo Blahnik.

In the interview, Victoria also talks about how 2013 marks a new chapter in her family’s life, cooking for her children, learning to trust people, and why, despite her success, she still needs to work.

Exclusive behind-the-scenes video of the Victoria Beckham shoot available for view from Wednesday 30th January at www.elleuk.com which is when the mag goes on sale.

On having a strong work ethic: ‘It was never my intention to prove anybody wrong. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I don’t have to work, I need to work. All these people [her fellow fashion designers], they’ve not just been given anything. They’ve worked hard. And I’ve never been given anything either. But I have a good work ethic; David has an incredible work ethic. I want my kids to have a good work ethic. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it.’

On why she feels a sense of belonging in the fashion world: ‘When I was on stage with the Spice Girls, I thought people were there to see the other four and not me. And when I go out with David and people take pictures I think, “They’re here to take David’s picture.”’

On running a business: ‘You’ve got to trust people. And because I am a control freak, sometimes that’s difficult for me, because I want to micro-manage absolutely everything. I can’t hand over. But I’m trying to do that more. It’s hard because I have such a specific vision.’

On 2013 being a new chapter in the Beckham family’s lives: ‘Now David has finished playing for LA Galaxy and we are starting a new chapter in our lives; as a family we are all very excited about what lies ahead for 2013.’

On being handed a plate of yorkshire puddings to take home to her children: ‘The kids are going to LOVE me when I walk in with these. You know what they say to me, because I’m not the best cook, although I try really hard? They always say to me, “Mummy, we know that the main ingredient in what you make is love.”’ (roars with laughter)

Credit: Carter Smith for Elle UK

Olivia Wilde for Fashion Magazine September 2013

Olivia Wilde for Fashion Magazine September 2013

Victoria Beckham Totes Her Large Bag Round London

Victoria Beckham Totes Her Large Bag Round London

15 Responses to Victoria Beckham For Elle UK March 2013

1. AnderBoBo January 28, 2013 at 14:44 #

Having difficulty imagining VB “roaring with laughter’. She does look great though, anybody else seeing an eery Cara Delevingne resemblance on the cover image?

• Quinn January 29, 2013 at 00:38 #

you should see victoria coming to america and most of her interview on youtube. she’s always ‘roaring with laughter’ ;)

2. Christine January 28, 2013 at 14:47 #

This is a nice editorial and she seems so different from her public persona.

3. Pedro January 28, 2013 at 16:04 #

Queen Victoria looks GORGEOUS!

Really sexy and i love this long hair.

• adrian January 28, 2013 at 20:05 #

adore…

4. Joy January 28, 2013 at 16:44 #

Love her. She is SO misunderstood, I think. I wish the editorial featured more clothing instead of these undergarment looking outfits. But I thought the interview was refreshing since she shared a few snippets about herself.

• Quinn January 29, 2013 at 02:05 #

She is SO misunderstood — i agree.

Love the interview. she comes out as someone that is hardworking, know what she wants and at the same time a very family person.

5. Katie January 28, 2013 at 16:52 #

All hail Queen Victoria, anytime there are photos of her and David, im oblivious to beautiful David, i just want to see Poshs style always! Love her

6. Linda January 28, 2013 at 17:08 #

She looks great. I’ve really come around to have a better understanding of her. I love her thoughts on work ethic, trying to get what we want, and how strong her family ties are. She’s really come into herself.

• pipsqueak January 28, 2013 at 18:09 #

Totally agreed except I thought the picture is bad, but no more photoshopped than any other magazine covers. I also found her much more believable than Katie Holmes, because she at least knows how to dress herself, has a strong AND evolving sense of style, and has her life under control.

7. jones19 January 28, 2013 at 19:14 #

Oh Vicky how wrong you are! I always wanted to see her pics when she was with the Spice Girls, she was always my favorite and I’m so happy for her success as a fashion designer. Love her.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 28, 2013 at 20:54 #

It’s an odd shot. It looks like an artifical limb is hanging out the front at a strange angle. All said, I still love her style.

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 21:06 #

I didn’t like the revealing editorial (though her face is beautiful) but I did like the interview.

10. sonia January 28, 2013 at 22:10 #

on how to use fotoshop to look like anyone else but you!

11. Amy March 9, 2013 at 21:45 #

I like VB, nice cover but they need to tone down the photoshop