Jayma Mays In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

Jayma Mayes In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2013 SAG Awards‘Glee’ girl Jayma Mays left the halls of her high-school-based television show far behind at the 2013 SAG Awards red carpet, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California tonight.

The actress must have been inspired by the enchanted, feminine rumway of Georges Hobeika during Paris Couture Fashion Week, as she selected this alabaster number directly from the recently debuted Spring 2013 Couture collection.

I liked this gown on the runway, with its smattering of glinting embellishment and its lightly flared fishtail hem.

But I’m not loving how it falls on Jayma’s figure. Some of the line of the dress is lost in translation and veers on the boxy side. Yet the artistry of the glittering design cannot be denied.

Jimmy Choo ‘Raven’ sandals and silver jewels accessorized her look.

A-plus or just a passing grade?

Credit: Georges Hobeika & Getty

18 thoughts on “Jayma Mays In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

1. KK

Ehh no just passing grade. It looks so pretty and delicate on the runway and it’s completely lost on Jayma. It looks boxy like you said. And she’s not tall enough to show off the bottom which is what I think makes the dress.

2. Nat39

The gown is so beautiful and feminine but doesn´t create the right flattering silhouette on her – she looks bottom-heavy and not statuesque enough. Too bad, this gorgeous gown could´ve been absolutely amazing on the person with the right figure and height.

3. Moxie

Can’t say I like it. It looks boxy and the top looks like it has more lining than the bottom, so it cuts her off at the way in a bad way.

4. EmmaWoodhouse

If she were pregnant than this look would be lovely and super-flattering…but I’m pretty sure she’s not so it’s unflattering. it is a lovely dress and she styled it well. A shame that it didn’t fit right.

5. Valeria

It looks great and I really like how her curves are hugged, but not squished. She has a great body and I don’t really see the boxiness. Don’t see how model looks better in it

6. Madi

I really love this dress on her. Jayma is gorgeous. Yes, she may ba a little short for the dress but I don’t think she can help that much :-) .