Anne Hathaway In Giambattisa Valli Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

Anne Hathaway In Giambattisa Valli Couture - 2013 SAG Awards

We all expected big things from Anne Hathaway, and she didn’t let me down at the 2013 SAG Awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.

Snatching this Giambattisa Valli Spring 2013 Couture gown right off the runway, the ‘Les Miserables’ actress looked radiant wearing the black tulle dress with an embroidered corset.

It’s pretty without being too girlie, and sophisticated and polished without being mature. I think she found the perfect balance.

Adding yet more bling to her look, Anne styled her couture gown with Kwiat jewels and embellished Jimmy Choo ‘Kalpa’ sandals, plus a black Edie Parker clutch.

Still keeping things fresh and new with her cropped hairdo, Anne added the only pop of colour via her coral lippie.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amanda Seyfried In Zac Posen - 2013 SAG Awards

Amanda Seyfried In Zac Posen – 2013 SAG Awards

Jessica Chastain In Alexander McQueen - 2013 SAG Awards

Jessica Chastain In Alexander McQueen – 2013 SAG Awards

31 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Giambattisa Valli Couture – 2013 SAG Awards

1. Rashmi January 28, 2013 at 04:15 #

I don’t like the look on Anne. The dress isn’t that bad, but she is not owning it.

2. SixToOne January 28, 2013 at 04:16 #

seems to be sth going wrong, the runway one looks stunning, but that one on anne is just fine

3. Nat39 January 28, 2013 at 04:18 #

I don´t care for this gown on Anne. Even she herself looks stiff and uncomfortable like a lost little girl in this gown with its ballerina-esque tulle.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 04:22 #

WHY THE SHEER SKIRT? WHY?!?!? So disappointed by that…it would have been much better without but might still have been too fussy on Anne.

5. Marybeth January 28, 2013 at 04:25 #

She does look nice but I’m disappointed.
    I’m tired of sheer black tulle skirts over granny panties. Or bike shorts. Or whatever.

Anne’s skirt falls flat compared to the more dramatic runway one. I guess this is part of making it longer. I don’t know why she did that.

6. Kate January 28, 2013 at 04:28 #

It looks much better on the model because of the volume of the skirt, in my opinion. That silhouette is lost in Anne’s look…or maybe it’s where she’s holding her arms in the photo that’s flattening it?

Is that lipstick actually coral? It looks bright pink on my screen.

• kane January 28, 2013 at 09:01 #

I agree. She’s not selling it. At all.

• Lisa January 28, 2013 at 14:08 #

+2. Not impressed by it. Like the volume of the skirt on the runway. This was a let down for me.

7. Cindy January 28, 2013 at 04:39 #

This looked soooo much better on TV. She really looked gorgeous and the dress really looked lovely.

• KK January 28, 2013 at 04:47 #

+1 I like this, but I’m not crazy about it, but it definitely looked better moving on TV.

And if she’s not pregnant, she must like the rumours because every dress she has worn for the past few weeks lends it self to speculation.

8. Fiona-Perth January 28, 2013 at 04:43 #

I prefer it on the runway, perhaps it is just because the model is moving and pushing the skirt forward with her hands. I think this dress is better on real life, unfortunately what lives on is the still photos.

9. Christine January 28, 2013 at 04:46 #

She’s not selling this look to me.

10. diamondted January 28, 2013 at 04:46 #

This look lost all the volume that it had on the runway. Absolutely hate it.

11. Fiona-Brasil January 28, 2013 at 05:03 #

Outstanding dress on the runaway.Wrong length on Anne kills the dress.

12. GG January 28, 2013 at 05:10 #

I think this dress is a little too young for her. I’d imagine it on of the modern family girls. I wish one of them would have switched dresses with her. Also I don’t like her hair. Wished it was a little softer.

13. the ogre January 28, 2013 at 05:43 #

i am going to b very lame and say she borrowed her sandals from amanda seyfried..sheesh i am just so disappointed! grrr…irritated actually…there r so many beautiful creations in COLOUR!!! why do they have to go get black for themselves…she goes and does black again after her fantastic run in erdem..i wudn’t have minded even white..i am sick of anne hathaway and black!!

14. Lashae January 28, 2013 at 06:09 #

Very boring and very uninspired look.

• adrian January 28, 2013 at 20:11 #

15. Alex January 28, 2013 at 06:10 #

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    She also appears smug at all awards shows. Off-putting to me, unfortunately.
    Beautiful woman with an attitude problem, methinks, a la Lea Michele.

16. Yeliz January 28, 2013 at 06:59 #

She does look beautiful, but his dress looks so much better on the model.

• dee January 28, 2013 at 13:17 #

I agree.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 28, 2013 at 20:32 #

+2. I much prefer the shorter length and volume on the Runway. This looks very Project Runway. Disappointed…again. GG’s was pretty but not a thrill rides. Anne sets the bar high, when she misses it feels like a let down.

17. Noemi (WBiS) January 28, 2013 at 09:21 #

The dress looks beautiful on the runway but I don’t like it on her. It’s too long, the tulle is unflattering while on the runway is better. I don’t like the hairstyle, and the clutch. This is quite a miss, for me.

18. Jess2 January 28, 2013 at 10:00 #

I am a little disappointed which is hard to say. I absolutely adored this in the runway but the flat skirt really lets the look down. This look would have been flawless had there been more volume in the skirt and if it was a bit shorter. Her styling is great though!

19. Lyo January 28, 2013 at 12:12 #

Looks boring. Pehaps it was better on TV, but I’m not impressed on pics.

20. Ysatis January 28, 2013 at 12:18 #

The dress is hideous. Anne is not the pretties actress in Hollywood but her makeup is always on point and the pixie cut is lovely.

21. JJ January 28, 2013 at 12:18 #

Eek. This dress does not work. I’m getting a weird ballerina vibe.

22. justme January 28, 2013 at 12:20 #

If the skirt still had volume/Anne changed the way her arms stand, I would love it. She looks beautiful from the neck up though.

23. Joana January 28, 2013 at 14:09 #

Is very youthful for her.

24. Nat January 28, 2013 at 14:44 #

Quite boring, especially considering it’s couture.
    The top sits too low and the skirt, without the beautiful volume shown on the runway, looks…just sad.

25. Mana January 29, 2013 at 05:00 #

Her makeup it’s still beautiful though.