Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

BDOTW

See you on Sunday for the Producers Guild Awards and SAG Awards.

Have a great weekend.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Best Dressed Of The Week - Michelle Obama In Jason Wu & Sarah Jessica Parker In Giambattista Valli Couture & Mary Katrantzou

Best Dressed Of The Week – Michelle Obama In Jason Wu & Sarah Jessica Parker In Giambattista Valli Couture & Mary Katrantzou

36 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Yeliz January 25, 2013 at 18:14 #

Fan Bingbing in Louis Vuitton. Michelle Obama and Ali Larter are my runners-up.

Have a great weekend, FC!

2. Anita January 25, 2013 at 18:23 #

Had to give it to my girl Alesha for pretty much nailing all her looks.

3. Nat39 January 25, 2013 at 18:23 #

Eva Longoria, followed by Alesha Dixon.

4. set January 25, 2013 at 18:38 #

This is the hardest week ever. I love so many I cant choose. I love Alesha, Eva, Sarah Jessica, Diane I love all.

5. kathryn January 25, 2013 at 18:39 #

Tough choice this week..came down to SJP and Michelle Obama. I love Michelle’s Jason Wu look, but I am enchanted by SJP’s mix of print. Mixing prints is hard and the fact that SJP did it so expertly gives her the win this week.

• Luis January 25, 2013 at 21:05 #

And I never thought she will be the second in the poll.

6. moonbeam January 25, 2013 at 18:49 #

I had a 3 way tie between Michelle Obama, Alesha Dixon and Eva Longoria, but I ultimately voted for the First Lady because she was glowing and looked so in love dancing with the President in this beautiful Jason Wu gown.

7. Sammy C January 25, 2013 at 18:57 #

I find this week very difficult, because the ones I like, I like a lot.

I voted for SJP. But I feel I have to mention how much I like Diane Krueger in Chanel and Leelee Sobieski in CD.

Dita looks spectacular also! But it is Dita and it is an Elie Saab dress, so no news there.

8. dee January 25, 2013 at 19:18 #

The First lady and Fan Bingbing.

9. Rashmi January 25, 2013 at 19:26 #

By heart its Michelle Obama , if I sit and think its SJP for giving a look no one will dare and no one can come looking so fresh, colorful, beautiful and effortless at the same time !

10. Alina January 25, 2013 at 19:39 #

Beyonce! But I give it to Michelle Obama!

11. jessicamarantelli January 25, 2013 at 19:40 #

Gotta say I dont get how people are voting for Michelle obama! Sure its a nice dress and nice haircut too but there is no styling, no individualism. Gave my vote to diane kruger with leelee and laura as close seconds.

• rita January 25, 2013 at 20:47 #

I disagree with you even if I didn’t get blown away as I usually am with MO. Sometimes less is more and in the case of Diane Kruger I always feel like yes she has individualism and style but it sometimes comes off as “try hard” or “nonsense”. MO looks elegant and doesn’t need to accessorize her dress which is already colourful enough not to be needing anything extra. Just my opinion anyway :-)

• Sammy C January 27, 2013 at 20:26 #

MO looks like someone who has a job that requires them to dress nicely but always and most importantly appropriately and that is exactly what she does.

I get what Jessica says. We will never as long as she is the FLOTUS, see her true, 100% fashion sense. Simply because we can’t and thats no ones fault. I too don’t get why people go crazy over her and that its not because I don’t like how she looks… Quite the opposite. Surprise would come to me if she ever looked horrible or wrong according to whatever the protocol was.

Of course I know that she does have input and say into what she wears, but her fashion restrictions are different and I guess more strict to a celebrity’s fashion restrictions (if they even chose to give themselves any). Its like comparing a decorative painting to a work of art, a concept. I can find a painting nice or not but only Art will move a passion, positive or negative, in me.

Bearing this opinion of way of seeing things in mind, it is difficult for me to understand the poll difference there always is with MO and people like SJP or Leelee Sobriesky, if we use this one as an example.

• jessicamarantelli January 27, 2013 at 22:44 #

I agree with you rita that MO does look great but my thing is that like sammy said she has someone dressing her( like most of them do) who has a different critera. she has to look like your first lady and not wear inappropriate outfits. I liked what FC said about her winner, it is hard to pull off the styling on SJP’s look so it shows a lot of character, like diane and leelee its more unique.
          anyway I liked what you both said in response to my post.

12. the (un?)social butterfly January 25, 2013 at 20:44 #

You know, SJP doesn´t impress me as often as she does most people, but I must say, that outfit of hers is absolutely brilliant. It´s inspired, it´s bold, and at the same time soft and beautiful in a way clashing prints rarely ever are…

I preferred the coat look from FLOTUS. Didn´t really care about that one…

13. Emily January 25, 2013 at 21:05 #

How is Emily Blunt on the poll??? BORING.

• SilentVisitor January 26, 2013 at 13:10 #

Are you forced to vote for her? or are you facing any kind of retributions if you don’t vote for her?

• Mary January 27, 2013 at 15:25 #

I completely agree ‘Silent Visitor’ (very ominous choice), she’s knocking someone more deserving off the poll.

• Mary January 27, 2013 at 15:28 #

Unless it wasn’t clear, I completely agree with Emily. Not ‘Silent Visitor’. Emily a blunt over Beyonce is crazy!

14. Moxie January 25, 2013 at 21:17 #

FLOTUS wins for me, hands down.

15. moja31 January 25, 2013 at 22:02 #

Ideally it would be the First Lady in Thom Brown, but I loved her gown as well, so that got my vote easily.

16. Marybeth January 25, 2013 at 22:07 #

It’s a toss-up for me between Eva Longoria and Alesha Dixon, both perfectly gorgeous.
    I’ll vote for Eva because her look is such a wonderful comeback from that tacky Golden Globes disaster.
    My 3rd place would go to Fan Bingbing.

17. C January 25, 2013 at 22:10 #

Jamie Alexander, dark green Marc Bouwer. Plus her short studded confection was pretty decent too.

• Quinn January 26, 2013 at 03:25 #

She’s my BDOTW too!! but since she’s not listed, i’m voting for Ali Larter.

18. Rashmi January 26, 2013 at 00:12 #

LeeLee followed by SJP. Both women are fearless when experimenting.
    FC, btw how did u like the latest collection from Dior? i personally loved it!

• Fashion Critic January 26, 2013 at 09:16 #

yes I did.

19. Dhppy January 26, 2013 at 08:12 #

I looked at this line up and thought “Wow,! What a strong week”. Apparently, others agree because over 4500 votes are in, and the spread is much closer than usual. Usually, someone has 3% and someone has 22% – not this week. I don’t think there’s a dud in the bunch.

I surprised myself and went with Ali Larter, even though I don’t love the print, I like the fact that the gown looks different from what we’ve been seeing lately. And the styling is graceful I find it refreshing.

20. Rita January 26, 2013 at 12:11 #

Loved Dita Von Teese, Michelle Obama and Laura Whitmore!

21. SilentVisitor January 26, 2013 at 13:12 #

My vote goes to Michelle O.
    Runner-up: SJP and Fan Bingbing

22. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2013 at 20:27 #

1. Ali Larter
    2. Laura Whitmore
    3. Michelle Obama
    4. Emily Blunt
    Wasn’t really wowed this week.

23. Neli January 26, 2013 at 20:31 #

Michelle!

24. Zissou January 26, 2013 at 22:36 #

I absolutely adore Leelee because it reminds me of her Jil Sander looks and that was an amazing time.

25. Emma W. January 27, 2013 at 00:23 #

I loved SJP because she reminds me of the greatest time of sex and the city.
    I loved Michelle because that dress was perfect for that night.
    But I choose Leelee because that retro skirts from Dior spring 2013 are awesome.

26. Annel January 27, 2013 at 14:04 #

Leelee. Love the mix of monochrome, minimalism and flourescent rococo. It’s inspirational!

27. Ancika January 27, 2013 at 19:40 #

Definitely Eva Longoria! The colour and the cut suit her so well… She finally looks VERY beautiful.