Leelee Sobieski In Christian Dior – Sidaction Gala Dinner 2013

Leelee Sobieski In Christian Dior - Sidaction Gala Dinner 2013

Leelee Sobieski struck a supermodel-esque pose on the red carpet for the Sidaction Gala Dinner 2013, held at the Pavillon d’Armenonville in Paris yesterday evening.

After taking in the Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture show this week, she donned a look from the Spring 2013 ready-to-wear collection.

Wearing the most modern rendition of a ballgown, her look featured a black long-sleeved top and a full iridescent floral orange skirt.

I’m pretty sure the honour of wearing the first Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture dress will go to Marion Cotillard, maybe as early as this Sunday, but Leelee wore the first accessory.

The Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture shoe looks like a pair of tights with a toe-cap and a heel.

Quite a genius idea and I can imagine they are quite comfortable. Looking at the close-up, the hosiery is an overlay to what I believe is a PVC shoe.

A slicked-back hairdo and a red lip colour completed her look.

I love how the look is so bold and serious on the top, while from the waist down it’s light, soft and feminine.

_D7Q1004

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Kaufmanfranco - 'Parker' Las Vegas Premiere

Jennifer Lopez In Kaufmanfranco – ‘Parker’ Las Vegas Premiere

Gemma Arterton In Gucci - 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters' LA Premiere

Gemma Arterton In Gucci – ‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters’ LA Premiere

25 Responses to Leelee Sobieski In Christian Dior – Sidaction Gala Dinner 2013

1. Beta January 25, 2013 at 11:06 #

no one wears raf simons like leelee sobieski

• Rashmi January 25, 2013 at 18:56 #

+1. My BDOTW!

2. Nat January 25, 2013 at 11:07 #

I would like this much better if the skirt wasn’t iridescent. It cheapens the look.
    But Leelee is selling the look to me. She’s always interesting on the red carpet.
    Speaking of interesting, those shoes are for sure very original. I have been looking at them for a good couple of minutes now, but I don’t think I have quite understood how they work yet. LOL.

• Linda January 25, 2013 at 12:00 #

I like seeing her too. She clearly loves fashion and has a lot of fun iwht it. She sells her looks.

The shoes – are they knee highs or panty hose? Will have to Google it bc can’t quite figure them out.

3. Iris January 25, 2013 at 11:09 #

Fan Bingbing and Dita Von Teese attended Sidaction Gala Dinner in Paris last night.

• Fashion Critic January 25, 2013 at 11:20 #

Yes I know.

4. Rashmi January 25, 2013 at 11:40 #

I love the look ankles up, but I don’t like that shoes at all. The more I try to understand it like what Nat said, the more I dislike it. :(

5. Mariazinha January 25, 2013 at 11:47 #

I find these shoes very strange. Not in a good way…

6. manja January 25, 2013 at 12:21 #

don’t like anything about this look,and hate the ugly things on her feet,what evere that is

7. robbie January 25, 2013 at 12:26 #

i hate the entire look, especially the ridiculous shoes. definitely know that i wont be liking many dior looks whilst raf simons is designing them.

8. Ramsay January 25, 2013 at 12:52 #

Loce the look
    BDOTW for me
    Don’t like the pose however – I find it too supermodely

9. Anne January 25, 2013 at 13:23 #

I can’t decide if the shoe/tight combo is genius or hideous. I’ve been contemplating it since the Dior runway a few days ago. But, I kinda love that I can’t decide- it’s sort of the crux of fashion, straddling the line between love and hate.

Leelee looks good here, though.

10. nyphy January 25, 2013 at 13:26 #

FC, what do you think or wish Marion will wear from the t Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture?

11. dee January 25, 2013 at 13:48 #

I love it from ankles up.

12. Joy January 25, 2013 at 14:39 #

These shoes are really stirring up a love/loath in me. This might be a “duh” thing to say, but I don’t know if I’m loving the direction Dior has been going. And I ADORE Marion so I hope it shapes up quick!

13. Yeliz January 25, 2013 at 14:43 #

I did like those shoes, when I first saw a close-up of them, but not this colour combination, they look kinda weird. And I don’t like the skirt being so iridescent. Overall, it’s a no from me.

14. Christine January 25, 2013 at 14:46 #

Wow, this is a great look. Love the shoes.

15. anjos January 25, 2013 at 14:48 #

I’d go with a short-sleeved black top instead of long sleeves, but I’m looking at other pics from the event and boy, she’s working that skirt so bad. I love it. With so many celebrities playing too safe, it’s always a joy to see something this interesting on the red carpet.

16. Marybeth January 25, 2013 at 15:37 #

The skirt is a bit too loud and brassy for the black top, though Leelee is working it well.

The shoes? In the lookbook close-up they’re not so awful but in real life they are hideous. The “skin” color is wrong. They look like booties. Words fail me.
    If Leelee can’t make something look good, no one can.

17. Rebecca Z January 25, 2013 at 16:38 #

I love it. She looks amazing, weird footwear and all. She has such incredible style. BDOTW

18. Kathy January 25, 2013 at 18:34 #

Not a fan of the long sleeves, they and the heaviness of the black make the whole look incredibly stifling. And such dreadful shoes! Come to think of it, there is nothing I like about this. Zip. Zero. Nada.

19. robert January 25, 2013 at 22:26 #

She’s so statuesque and has great posture, that she can look great in everything. Those shoes are so unique!

20. Princess Chi Chi January 25, 2013 at 23:27 #

I love her styling but the skirt is nagging me a little, it looks a bit like a shower curtain…

21. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2013 at 20:08 #

I love the skirt but the rest feels a little off to me…kind of heavy and I don’t like the shoes.
    One minute I like the look, the next I don’t. She certainly wears Dior with aplomb, though.

22. Jess2 January 27, 2013 at 08:05 #

I like the skirt but I don’t really like the long-sleeved version of the top. I also don’t think the colour of the shoes work well with the rest of the outfit.