25.01.13 Premiere

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior – ‘A.C.O.D.’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior - 'ACOD' Sundance Film Festival Premiere Fresh from her front-row showing at Paris Couture Fashion Week, Jessica Alba jumped across the Atlantic to Park City, Utah for the 2013 Sundance Film Festival to premiere her movie, ‘A.C.O.D.,’ at the Eccles Center Theatre.

The actress must have still been having Christian Dior dreams after watching designer Raf Simons’ runway in the French capital, as she donned head-to-toe Dior for Sundance. The black-and-white silk crepe dress was accessorized with a large box clutch and Dior fine jewelry, all of which translated chicly if not monotonously.

It all became a bit boxy and shapeless for me, though, especially when the skirt faded directly into matte black tights and a questionable grey-toned shoe.

Maybe I’m still jaded from staring at the confections strutted out during the couture shows, but I wish this look had a bit more lift and excitement.

However, with Jessica’s sleek updo and understated glamour, I can’t help but appreciate her willingness to take a more dressed-up approach for the film fest, which is known for its casual, anything-goes red carpets.

Do you think this ‘A.C.O.D.’ look was A-plus?

Credit: Getty

Anne Hathaway's Casadei Suede Pumps

Anne Hathaway’s Casadei Suede Pumps

Kerry Washington's Temperley London Delilah Bow Front Gown

Kerry Washington’s Temperley London Delilah Bow Front Gown

10 Responses to Jessica Alba In Christian Dior – ‘A.C.O.D.’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

1. Princess Chi Chi January 25, 2013 at 07:12 #

She looks like a little school girl in too-big clothes…

2. Rashmi January 25, 2013 at 07:57 #

No, its bland and boring

3. Yeliz January 25, 2013 at 08:17 #

Not liking the shoes with this dress and the dress seems a size too big. I love her hair and makeup.

4. Zar55 January 25, 2013 at 10:59 #

BORING

5. Wafa Al-Alawi January 25, 2013 at 13:16 #

I actually like it, I love minimalism and edginess, therefore I love the concept behind this outfit but I don’t like the way it was put together. The color of the pumps feels a little weird against the black tights, I think black would’ve been the easiest choice, and white might’ve worked as well. The dress needs to be more fitted and structured, and this is an unforgivable point! How can you, a celebrity and a style icon walk out in a dress as frumpy as this? A pop of color should’ve been used to jazz up the look via the clutch, it could’ve been burgundy or electric blue. I love the hairstyle with the look, it matches it well, but the look sadly is just not there to match.

6. dee January 25, 2013 at 13:40 #

Don’t like it.

7. k January 25, 2013 at 15:29 #

I wish you’d had a sideview of that fantastic hair. Such a neat, gorgeous beehive. Far and away the best part, with the make up, of the look. I found the dress and accessories nice but not extraordinary.

8. Rebecca Z January 25, 2013 at 16:46 #

I think it would all work much better without those dark tights. I like the idea of grey shoes with this look, but agree that they look weird here–but I think it is her hosiery. He hair does look amazing from the side, but not all that flattering head on.

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2013 at 20:02 #

Hair is pretty, but not much else…it’s rather flat.

10. Jess2 January 27, 2013 at 04:37 #

Not her best look. I don’t really like anything from the neck down.