Huo Si Yan In Louis Vuitton – Pepsi Press Conference

Huo Si Yan In Louis Vuitton - Pepsi Press Conference

There appears to be no stopping this Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 collection.

Chinese actress Huo Si Yan became the tenth person to wear a chequered piece from said collection when she attended a Pepsi press conference in Beijing this week with Han Geng, and Jimmy Lin.

On the runway the nude-and-white piece was presented as a jumpsuit, but Huo Si Yan’s look is an ultra-short mini dress – too short, if you ask me.

Nude Louboutin platform peep-toes and a selection of colourful bracelets provided the finishing touches.

Are you enjoying all the LV S13 chequered celebrity love, or are you over it?

Credit: Style.com & Ent.153

Taylor Swift In Kaufmanfranco - 40 Principales Music Awards

Taylor Swift In Kaufmanfranco – 40 Principales Music Awards

Famke Janssen In Temperley London - ‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters’ LA Premiere

Famke Janssen In Temperley London – ‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters’ LA Premiere

27 Responses to Huo Si Yan In Louis Vuitton – Pepsi Press Conference

1. Anne January 25, 2013 at 13:35 #

Um, where is the rest of her dress because that is S.H.O.R.T. She looks like she took a checkered flag, wrapped it around herself, added some platforms and called it a day.

Over it. It’s been worn and been worn better. Shop a different closet.

2. Rashmi January 25, 2013 at 13:38 #

Definitely over it! Its like seeing the same thing which we don’t like in different colors and getting us tortured :D

PS: Though she’s looking good, its ridiculously short!

PPS: This dress is definitely in the race for the ‘Most Worn Dress – 2013′ already!!!

• Christine January 25, 2013 at 14:40 #

+1 This collection is getting Tiresome.

3. AnderBoBo January 25, 2013 at 13:48 #

This collection needs to be retired already, I have yet to see any look translate off the runway (where it barely worked in the first place!). Also this is borderline-vulgar in its shortness, it looks like a checked pillowcase.

4. robbie January 25, 2013 at 13:57 #

way too short.

and i am over it, way over it!

5. Carolina January 25, 2013 at 13:57 #

The look is very reminiscent of Twiggy-era, and as such, I appreciate it. As well, Huo Si Yan is so tiny that she can get away better than most with the extremely high hemline. What I don’t really like is the beige and white on her – something brighter would have been better.

6. TL January 25, 2013 at 14:20 #

The dress is way too short, and we’ve seen enough of this pattern!!! But my focus is on Jimmy Lin – How does he look like 18 when he is 38 years old!?

7. Sharmonie January 25, 2013 at 14:38 #

I loved this collection and am really enjoying watching how real women attempt to wear it. Unfortunately, most (including Huo) are getting it wrong. The only looks I like are from Jessica Alba, Lady Mary Charteris and a woman featured in Tommy Ton’s 2013 couture street style album on style.com.

8. Neli January 25, 2013 at 14:46 #

Over it! Only like Fan BingBing.

9. Yeliz January 25, 2013 at 14:55 #

Way. Too. Short. It looks tacky.

10. Marybeth January 25, 2013 at 15:53 #

It’s starting to look like a tablecloth to me.
    Well, this version on Huo is more like a napkin.

11. Rebecca Z January 25, 2013 at 16:23 #

Agree it is too short, but not by much. I think this is an interesting collection and like Sharmonie it is fun to watch these ladies make it work. She looks great–she just can’t sit down.

• Sharmonie January 26, 2013 at 06:49 #

+1 :)

12. Amy January 25, 2013 at 17:43 #

Awful! seriously the dress is way too short and she added chunky platforms, that’s like a direct ticket to TackyVille.

13. julyol1972 January 25, 2013 at 18:11 #

I love this collection but with the exception of Kerry and Kirsten nobody has done it justice. I think it’s because the same print and dress is being recycled. Also, the styling with said dress hasn’t been the greatest for most people. I think in the right hands the clothes could be Major but haven’t seen it yet.

14. Kathy January 25, 2013 at 18:30 #

Oh gosh, the length of the dress and the way shes standing, plus the angle of the picture make it look like she’s trying to pull off the long-top-no-pants look even though that’s not the case at all. This collection can look really chic when worn correctly, but not in this case (and rarely has been so far). Thumbs down from me.

15. Joy January 25, 2013 at 20:07 #

Of all the pieces in this collection, I actually like this version best — the fit, the style look wonderful on Huo. If it were about a foot longer — perfection.

16. the (un?)social butterfly January 25, 2013 at 20:47 #

Totally over it.

17. manja January 26, 2013 at 06:29 #

way way way over it

18. nyphy January 26, 2013 at 09:46 #

“who wore it best? The LV Chequered edition.

19. youyangfy January 26, 2013 at 10:27 #

not bad

20. maribel January 26, 2013 at 17:36 #

She looks fantastic. She is very thin and got wonderful legs. She is young/ pretty / thin enough to wear a very short dress.

21. Lou January 26, 2013 at 18:48 #

Never liked these large chequered looks on the runway… and that has not changed since. Out of all of the collection worn on the red carpet (Fan Bing Bing aside), this one offends me the least as I like the colours and there’s so little of it anyway due to it being sooo short!

22. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2013 at 20:19 #

Ok, number one–I AM SO SICK OF THIS UGLY COLLECTION! And number two–this is a shirt. Actually it’s borderline crop-top! So tacky.

23. taksi January 26, 2013 at 23:47 #

I’m over it now. The print loses all interest on a short dress. Granted, chequered print is not the most creative one out there but putting such a large print on long dresses was a challenge to make look flattering. Celebs and stylists have been surprisingly successful at making it look good. It’s tiresome seeing it repeated though, and this just makes it dull.

24. Qian January 27, 2013 at 05:30 #

i just came out 2 words, O NO
    n i hate this collection, it’s oddly enough

25. Jess2 January 28, 2013 at 03:54 #

This dress is too short. I am over this collection now but I am glad that the ladies didn’t pick the same piece each time.