Christine Bleakley In Philip Armstrong – 2013 National Television Awards

Christine Bleakley In Philip Armstrong - 2013 National Television Awards

I was really surprised by Christine Bleakley’s red carpet choice at the 2013 National Television Awards, held at the O2 Arena in London last night.

That’s because her Philip Armstrong Atelier red crepe gown with lace inserts was worn exactly two weeks ago by Helen Hunt at the 2013 Critics’ Choice Awards.

All parties would’ve known the gown had just been worn so the only reasoning is because she wanted the comparison.

Considering she may be locating to the US with her footballer fiancé Frank Lampard, who may play for LA Galaxy, I guess she wanted the Hollywood connection.

It’s a gorgeous gown, and she looks equally gorgeous in it, but this was a strange decision by the designer to allow this dress to be worn again so soon when he had just cracked America.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Scherzinger In Vintage Ossie Clark - 2013 National Television Awards

Nicole Scherzinger In Vintage Ossie Clark – 2013 National Television Awards

Caroline Flack In Opening Ceremony - 2013 National Television Awards

Caroline Flack In Opening Ceremony – 2013 National Television Awards

8 Responses to Christine Bleakley In Philip Armstrong – 2013 National Television Awards

1. Danielle aka Fashionista Barbie January 24, 2013 at 10:25 #

I think Helen Hunt gets my vote. I really don’t understand how she could have worn the same dress in the same colour. Surly there were other gorgeous gowns she could have worn. I just think this is sloppy styling.

• SilentVisitor January 24, 2013 at 11:37 #

2. Yeliz January 24, 2013 at 10:29 #

I love this stunning gown, but I prefer Helen Hunt’s look.

3. EmmaWoodhouse January 24, 2013 at 12:42 #

Prefer it on Helen, though it looks nice on Christine–she needed an updo. I don’t like the sheer sides.

4. Christine January 24, 2013 at 15:45 #

This dress looks so much better on Helen.

5. Nat39 January 24, 2013 at 18:51 #

The gown looks beautiful on her, but she should’ve done something about that hair, it’s messy and distracting, and I wish she had completed the look with an elegant clutch. Helen looked so much more polished and put-together.

6. Jess2 January 25, 2013 at 14:09 #

Christine certainly looks gorgeous, it is a beautiful dress and colour on her. However, like many others, I think Helen wore it better. Her gold earrings, cuff and clutch were the perfect additions.

7. Laurie January 27, 2013 at 17:58 #

I don’t know who this designer is, but clearly they don’t understand that you’re not supposed to do that if you’re a new designer that wants to be taken seriously. Tisk tisk Helen has my vote too.