23.01.13

Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture

Dear Stylists,

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to dress one of your beautiful clients in one of my favourite looks from the Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture collection, which took place today in Paris.

There is no expiration date, but I am hoping to see one as early as the BAFTAs – hoping to see one of these beauties on the red carpet for the SAG Awards on Sunday may just be a case of me being too greedy (needy).

My favourites feature stunning embroideries and embellishments, you won’t be surprised to learn, with colours ranging from ice-white to baby-blue, and a rich red caped look which simply took my breath away.

Which one tops my list?

The white gown with the mini cape, with the strapless floral gown with black embroidery and iridescent sequin detailing coming in a very close second.

Yours Faithfully,

FC x

Kate Bosworth In Mulberry - Variety Studio at 2013 Sundance Film Festival

Kate Bosworth In Mulberry – Variety Studio at 2013 Sundance Film Festival

Juno Temple In Louis Vuitton - MorningStar Farms ChefDance

Juno Temple In Louis Vuitton – MorningStar Farms ChefDance

57 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

1. Tanya January 23, 2013 at 18:37 #

I was utterly blown away by this collection. Red killed me completely as it’s just an amazing color. I hope to see each and every of this dresses on red carpet.

• Christine January 24, 2013 at 02:02 #

I want to see every gown from this collection on the RC! LOL. I am serious. Stunning collection.

2. Marybeth January 23, 2013 at 18:41 #

Oooooh! I want the one with the black embroidery!
    I will look stunning when I accept my Oscar …. after I lose 15 pounds …. and grow 5 inches …. and turn back the clock a few years!
    Someone is bound to snap that up. I can’t wait to see who.

3. Nat39 January 23, 2013 at 18:42 #

Beautiful collection, look 6 – the white gown with the mini cape is also my fave, pure elegance, love (!!)

• Nat39 January 23, 2013 at 19:07 #

I see Anne Hathaway is nominated (SAG awards), imagining it on her, she can do it justice, I think.

4. Laura January 23, 2013 at 18:44 #

The white with the mini cape was my favorite, too! I like that it’s a little different for an Elie Saab gown. It would look amazing on Naomi Watts.

5. Arina January 23, 2013 at 18:46 #

This was such an incredibly stunning collection! Would love to see the stars wearing it at the coming award show. Would also wish to see some McQueen Pre-Fall, which was also breathtaking. These two are by far my favourite collections to come out this year! :)

• Arina January 23, 2013 at 20:59 #

And Valentino just rounded up my Top 3! <3

• Elise January 23, 2013 at 21:48 #

Agree, another stunning collection for a red carpet

6. Rashmi January 23, 2013 at 19:00 #

Beautiful collection! Look 8,12,35,38,42 are my fav’s

7. michaboa January 23, 2013 at 19:07 #

This is why I need to be wealthy! Utterly gorgeous collection.

• Rashmi January 24, 2013 at 03:06 #

Lol ! so true, we all think that at least once when we see Elie Saab collection :D
      Its the best collection I have seen in the Haute Couture till now. That White with cape is to die for!!

8. Yeliz January 23, 2013 at 19:07 #

Completely in love and blown away by his collection again. I can’t pick a favourite, seriously, I can’t do it. He is the master of Couture. I’m hoping to see one of the pieces on the red carpet as soon as possible.

9. Agathe January 23, 2013 at 19:29 #

I see Keira Knightley in the strapless floral gown or the 3/4 sleeve embellished princess dress next to it, and Jessica Chastain in the red lace dress.
    I think Anne Hattaway would indeed look stunning in the white cape column gown, but it would be too similar to her Golden Globes look. Cate Blanchett for the white one, maybe.

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2013 at 19:37 #

I see Keira in them all

Waiting for a Cate – Elie moment

• Agathe January 23, 2013 at 20:57 #

Wow, I didn’t realize it never happened. If you bump into her at the Oscars, just let her know it’s important to us! :-)

• anonymous as always January 24, 2013 at 22:35 #

Indeed how did that happen? Elie Saab is perfect for her!

10. Cheryl January 23, 2013 at 19:39 #

This message will not self destruct in 5 seconds because it’s awards season and well, what more can we say?

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2013 at 19:47 #

lol..cute ;)

• Cheryl January 23, 2013 at 21:24 #

I am to please, FC.

Any more Haute Couture to be featured soon?

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2013 at 21:59 #

This is the only one that grabbed my attention

• callisto January 23, 2013 at 23:53 #

Oooohhhhh, I thought Ms FC’s love for Mr Saab has already faded…

• callisto January 23, 2013 at 23:56 #

oh miss Fc, did you see the bridal, oh my god…….

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2013 at 09:49 #

yes divine

• Rahul January 25, 2013 at 07:03 #

I think Valentino did an equally commendable job if not more than Elie!

11. Ysatis January 23, 2013 at 20:12 #

Pure elegance.

12. Prudence January 23, 2013 at 20:13 #

I pray your wish happens! I just do not understand why every single actress doesnt wear elie saab to like every event….you can NEVER go wrong with his designs. My year would be made if Angelina Jolie wore the red gown with the cape. Although, I actually dont think my heart would be capable of handling that.

• Ariel January 23, 2013 at 21:33 #

Yes, indeed. Angelina in the red gown please!

13. sanya January 23, 2013 at 20:43 #

My favourite is look 44 . I think it will be very soon on the red carpet

14. Ella January 23, 2013 at 21:49 #

This is why I love Elie Saab…I mean the designs are gorgeous. We’ll see if anyone does them justice

15. Nadine January 23, 2013 at 21:55 #

I was thinking Jessica Chastain in red, Jennifer Lawrence in the strapless with embroidery, Helen Mirren with 3/4 sleeves, Nicole Kidman with the white cape and Amy Adams in blue.

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2013 at 21:57 #

what a heavenly list this is..

16. Neli January 23, 2013 at 22:33 #

Can’t wait to see EmmaW in Elie Saab at Cannes next may !!!

17. SilentVisitor January 23, 2013 at 22:34 #

Looks 5, 6, 10, 12, 16, 24, 32, 33, 35, 44 are my favorite. Elie Saab is back…….this collection is divine

18. Sa'adatu January 23, 2013 at 23:23 #

All I can say is a loud AMEN!
    Since we mere mortals can only wish,I do hope some stylist hears your clarion call!

19. Pedro January 24, 2013 at 00:43 #

Nicole Kidman with the white cape = PERFECT!

I want Anne in the EPIC red dress

• Nat39 January 24, 2013 at 17:32 #

Oh, Nicole Kidman, that’s right (!) She does this kind of silhouettes best (!!), she’s got height and perfect figure for it. If she gets her hair right for this look, this can be so breathtakingly beautiful on her.

20. Luisa January 24, 2013 at 00:44 #

That strapless floral gown with black details is sooo beautiful my heart skipped a beat when it hit the runway! Once again, gorgeous creations from Elie Saab!!!

21. Stephanie January 24, 2013 at 01:45 #

Fan Bing Bing for the red one! Moreover, red is considered lucky by us Chinese!

22. Christine January 24, 2013 at 02:05 #

Please to the stylish gods let Cate Blanchett wear a look from this collection.

And Angelina Jolie. Please Please.

• anonymous as always January 24, 2013 at 22:40 #

I was hoping the same for Cate! Fingers crossed that we will see her in an Elie Saab dress…

As for for Angelina Jolie you might be right… it will be interesting!

23. Alexandra January 24, 2013 at 02:19 #

Lovely, lovely lovely collection. I could rave about it forever but… No prefall?

24. jj January 24, 2013 at 02:26 #

Love love this collection!

25. EmmaWoodhouse January 24, 2013 at 02:54 #

Divine collection, how I love Saab! A lot of looks need lining, that’s my only caveat. If Cate Blanchett, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, Gwyneth Paltrow, Taylor Swift, and Jennifer Lawrence (I think she should try one!) wear these looks I shall be very happy…J’adore, j’adore. Bring on the Oscars!!!!!! :)

26. robert January 24, 2013 at 03:27 #

I adore the white gown with the mini cape too. It’s so elegant and regal. And white is such a stunning color.

27. Kathy January 24, 2013 at 03:43 #

I’m thinking Kate Breckinsale for the white, Amy Adams in the pale blue, Taylor Swift in the lavender, and SJP in the strapless one with black embroidery.

28. Dani January 24, 2013 at 04:32 #

An elegant and electrifying collection. Elie Saab is the astronaut of the red carpet! He is a creative genius!

29. abby January 24, 2013 at 04:41 #

I love Elie Saab, so so much. His work is always so intricate and extremely delicate and feminine, which according to me, is also his biggest USP. It would be a dream come true to see Sonam Kapoor, Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Emma Stone, Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain donning anything from this collection. The finale gown is just too good for words. But if I had to sum it up in 1 single word, I’d say GLORIOUS! well done ES!

30. abby January 24, 2013 at 04:44 #

And the colors are so subtle, nothing overpowering. I think that really adds to the entire charm that’s going on here. Love the lavenders and pastel peaches. Whites and Blacks are classics as always. Very pretty collection.

31. Saara January 24, 2013 at 08:35 #

DIVINE! I’m thinking Anne Hathaway in that red piece, Cate Blanchett in the lavender 3/4 sleeve gown, Kerry Washington in the white mini-cape gown and Emma Stone in the black embroidery gown.

32. Jai January 24, 2013 at 09:16 #

I feel like I’ve seen a lot of these a thousand times before, but the strapless gown with the black is lovely. Would look food on Keira K.

• Jai January 24, 2013 at 09:17 #

mmm, good, not food.

33. Ioana January 24, 2013 at 09:55 #

It was a delight to see the show. I was so caught by all the embelishments and flowing gowns and beautiful fabrics…

So here is my RED CARPET WISH LIST: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/sanslogique/Clipboard_zps95d176d3.jpg

Although I’m pretty sure it’s almost impossible, at least for Marion Cotillard :)

I really hope to see at least one of these wonderful gowns at a future major awards event.

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2013 at 09:56 #

love marion and jessica

34. Kiran January 25, 2013 at 01:53 #

I love the white with the cape but I doubt any actress would dare wear it as it will definitely draw a comparison to Gwyneth’s Tom Ford from the Oscars last year.

35. Rahul January 25, 2013 at 07:05 #

I would love to see Aishwarya Rai in either of those stunning creations. She’ll rock them all! What do you think, FC?

• Fashion Critic January 25, 2013 at 07:06 #