Katy Perry In Rodarte – Ceremonial Inauguration For U.S. President Barack Obama

Katy Perry In Rodarte - Ceremonial Inauguration For US President Barack Obama

Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z weren’t the only celebs attending the 57th Presidential Inaugural Address today in Washington, D.C.

Katy Perry and John Mayer were spotted in the crowd too.

The singer wore a Rodarte Fall 2012 orange-and-black woven coat with a shearling collar, which she wore with a rust-and-black sequined tulle collared dress from the same collection.

Many of you have said that you believed that Beyonce was overdressed to sing the national anthem, so I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Katy’s bedazzled dress for this daytime event where she wasn’t performing.

The coat is event appropriate, but I can’t help but feel like this gorgeous dress is wasted under her coat.

Hopefully we will see her captured at another event during the day sans coat.

Katy styled her look with a black felt hat, Jimmy Choo ‘Titan’ boots and a Christian Louboutin ‘Farida’ bag, which has also been favoured by January Jones, Miranda Kerr and Rachel Weisz.

247titansue_large_1_master_black

You can buy Katy’s Jimmy Choo ‘Titan’ boots from Jimmy Choo US and Jimmy Choo UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

LeAnn Rimes' Agua Bendita Bendito Dance Hall Sequin Bikini

LeAnn Rimes’ Agua Bendita Bendito Dance Hall Sequin Bikini

Gwyneth Paltrow's Rag & Bone/JEAN The Cigarette Leg Jeans

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Rag & Bone/JEAN The Cigarette Leg Jeans

12 Responses to Katy Perry In Rodarte – Ceremonial Inauguration For U.S. President Barack Obama

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 21, 2013 at 23:59 #

I feel like others will dislike this, but I think the dress and coat are very cool (would have liked to see the dress sans coat, too).

2. Rebecca Z January 22, 2013 at 00:19 #

I LOVE the coat–she looks very classy and event appropriate. No comment on the dress because it wasn’t visible–but I agree probably wasted under the coat. I guess I would say that at least it isn’t a gown.

3. Marybeth January 22, 2013 at 00:22 #

The only thing I like about this is the hat!

Well, the coat is okay. I’m not crazy about the dress on the model and wonder where you would wear it. The sparkles and sheerness scream evening wear to me. It’s an odd choice for a daytime event in the cold outdoors.

4. TeaAtTwo January 22, 2013 at 00:30 #

I get a funky 70’s vibe styled wonderfully. I feel though Beyonce looked amazing this outfit was more in tune (pardon the pun) with the event. I’d love any version of the bag too.

5. Luis January 22, 2013 at 00:58 #

Beautiful.

• Adrian January 22, 2013 at 01:32 #

6. coupdegrazia January 22, 2013 at 01:41 #

I think the coat and dress are fabulous – – if she winds up sans coat and in the sparkly dress inside the party later, then I think she’ll have done a great job of putting together an ensemble which allowed her to look pulled together and appropriate for the daytime part of the occasion as well as sparkling it up for the evening part.

7. Christine January 22, 2013 at 02:31 #

Wish I can see her dress.

8. Haley Harvey January 22, 2013 at 02:32 #

I absolutely LOVE that coat! But I really hope she took it off at some point, because that dress is too gorgeous for it to be hidden the entire time :(

9. Yeliz January 22, 2013 at 12:12 #

I really like this combination, but I would love to see this beautiful dress without the coat.

10. Anne January 22, 2013 at 13:10 #

Seriously coveting this coat. Do wish we could see the cute & funky dress, though

11. Jess2 January 22, 2013 at 14:59 #

She looks great, a very well put together look! I hope there are pictures without the coat as well.