Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta - Next Generation Filmmaker Dinner Series ‘Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes’

Jessica Biel attended the Next Generation Filmmaker Dinner Series, which was held during the 2013 Sundance Film Festival in Park City on Friday, for her new movie ‘Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes’.

In keeping with the spirit of Sundance, the actress wore a laidback look.

Laidback for us normal folk would mean jeans and a sweater from Topshop or H&M, but for Mrs Biel-Timberlake laidback consists of a beige sequined Oscar de la Renta sweater from the Resort 2013 collection, styled with black J Brand skinny jeans.

Black knee-high leather boots and a simple sleek straight hairstyle with bangs (which she should consider shortening) completed her look.

331908_in_l

You can buy Jessica’s Oscar de la Renta sweater from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton - Charlotte Perriand - Louis Vuitton Collaboration Celebratory Dinner

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – Charlotte Perriand – Louis Vuitton Collaboration Celebratory Dinner

Sophia Bush In Lisa Ho - Planned Parenthood & Rock The Vote 2013 Inauguration Party

Sophia Bush In Lisa Ho – Planned Parenthood & Rock The Vote 2013 Inauguration Party

12 Responses to Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – Next Generation Filmmaker Dinner Series: ‘Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes’

1. Jess2 January 21, 2013 at 14:08 #

Love her outfit, I adore that jumper! She really needs to do move away from the bangs.

• Adrian January 22, 2013 at 01:40 #

2. Noemi (WBiS) January 21, 2013 at 14:51 #

This sweater is so beautiful, and the runway look is great.

3. justme January 21, 2013 at 14:54 #

Forget shortening, she needs to get rid of those bangs altogether. The upper half of her face is the best half so I’m not sure why she’s hiding it.

Back to the fashion, the sweater is nice.

4. Christine January 21, 2013 at 15:30 #

Event appropriate.

5. Katie January 21, 2013 at 16:16 #

I love this outfit on Jessica she looks so much more comfortable in casual clothes i think, compared to when she wears dresses

6. Rebecca Z January 21, 2013 at 18:34 #

I agree with Katie–she seems much more comfortable and attractive in casual looks. Maybe she is trying to grow her bangs out (I hope).

7. Yeliz January 21, 2013 at 19:33 #

Lol, you are so right FC with that normal folk comment. I only like the sweater here.

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 21, 2013 at 23:02 #

I love the sweater, but I loved the skirt so much that I wish someone had worn that first. The rest of her look is blah, especially those long bangs.

9. Teleholic January 22, 2013 at 02:08 #

I think I’ve figured out why it’s easy to label her as bland, even I’ve said it of her, and while it’s true sometimes, she is interesting on the red carpet most of the time looking through the archives.

I think she needs a new makeup artist.

Looking through the archives, her face always looks slightly washed out, which makes her look tired, which brings down the energy of the look, which translates to blandness.

I noticed this most when comparing red carpet looks to photo shoot looks, which I believe have their own makeup crew. I think her make up person (or maybe it’s herself) doesn’t understand her facial coloring and skin tone, especially near the eyes and sometimes lips,which often look chapped even when they’re not. Like you said, shorten the bangs, and make the make-up look alive, and we’ve got ourselves a winner.

(Reading through this, I realize I may sound like one of those people who examines each body part of someone, which I’m not because that’s crazy and has lead to body image issues, and I don’t condone that. I think I was just fascinated with why I can never get behind her looks even when they seem like winners in theory. Anyway, that’s my schpiel.)

If you’re still reading, FC, I haven’t yet congratulated you on the amazing opportunity you got, no, EARNED, to go to the Oscars in a custom-made dress. I can’t wait to see you show those Hollywood ladies up ;) It’s amazing to me, it’s been four years since I discovered this gem of a site and you’ve turned it into something so amazing, and you’ve taken yourself so far with it. Goes to show what hard work gets you. I can’t wait to see this get even more recognition in the coming years. Thanks for the fashion-filled days that have passed and the ones to come, your site will never leave my bookmarks. P.S. say hi to Chris Hemsworth for me if you see him ;)

• Fashion Critic January 22, 2013 at 02:14 #

thank you….It will be a very exciting time

10. Dhppy January 22, 2013 at 08:19 #

I think “laid back” is the style for her. She looks great. I knew she looked overwhelmed by more fussy outfits.