17.01.13

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Host The Golden Globe Awards In L'Wren Scott & Stella McCartney

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the 2013 Golden Globes on Sunday, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in LA.

They took to the red carpet wearing L’Wren Scott and Stella McCartney respectively and both wore the same designers while hosting the show.

Tina wore the same L’Wren Scott dress from the red carpet to host the show, later changing into a custom peacock-blue embroidered L’Wren Scott gown, which was her best look of the night – in fact, it was one of her best looks ever.

Amy hosted the show wearing a burgundy Stella McCartney gown with an embroidered belt from the designer’s Fall 2012 collection. This sexy frock featured a plunging neckline and three-quarter-length sleeves.

Her final look to close the show was a black sequin dress from Stella’s Spring 2013 collection. This halter keyhole dress wasn’t my favourite; it was a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
Amy kept the same hairstyle throughout the night, while her co-host Tina, opted for three different looks.

I was delighted to see both women step things up in the style stakes, as we know they often find themselves on the worst-dressed lists.

Credit: Getty

Christina Hendricks In Christian Siriano -2013 Emmy Awards

Christina Hendricks In Christian Siriano -2013 Emmy Awards

Anne Hathaway Loves Her Stella McCartney 'Grace' Cross-Body Bag

Anne Hathaway Loves Her Stella McCartney ‘Grace’ Cross-Body Bag

21 Responses to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Host The Golden Globe Awards In L’Wren Scott & Stella McCartney

1. Anne January 17, 2013 at 13:22 #

Tina was a bombshell all night! The peacock gown was so gorgeous on her. And I really enjoyed the burgundy SM on Amy. I wasn’t fond on Amy’s hair for the evening, but that’s just being picky. They were both beautiful.

2. dee January 17, 2013 at 13:34 #

Both of them look better in the second picture. Tina looks fabulous in the green dress and Amy looks great in the cranberry one.

• admmgz January 17, 2013 at 15:30 #

3. Rashmi January 17, 2013 at 13:38 #

That peacock-blue embroidered L’Wren Scott gown is indeed her best look ever. Tina looks gorgeous in it.
    As for Amy, I still feel the RC look was the best :)

On an another note apart from their looks, I really enjoyed their hosting at the awards, they were fun together :D

4. Beta January 17, 2013 at 13:42 #

Tina’s second L’Wrenn Scott dress, the gown, is absolutely divine, one of my fave 3 gowns of the GG along with Jessica and Naomi.
    And this look and the Vivienne Westwood she wore last year are memorable!

5. justme January 17, 2013 at 14:20 #

I love Amy’s Stella McCartney gown.

6. jonathan January 17, 2013 at 14:58 #

I don’t understand why the critic keep saying tina fey often finds herself on the worst dress, this is not the first time that ppl seem surprised by how good Tina looks. Go back and look at her emmy 2012 westwood look, or last year Oscar’s Carolina, SAG’s vintage versace…she’s been looking good for a while and it just sucks for people to assume she looks bad

7. EmmaWoodhouse January 17, 2013 at 15:13 #

I didn’t like either of Amy’s looks or her tuxedo, actually. All with plunging necklines. On the other hand, Tina’s peacock blue gown is amazing. Her best ever look.

8. Moxie January 17, 2013 at 15:39 #

Thank you so much for showing these! I love Tina’s peacock blue dress. Definitely her best look ever. Worthy of BDOTW nomination, IMO.

• Moxie January 17, 2013 at 15:40 #

I also love Amy’s burgundy dress. I just wish she’d changed her hair, like Tina.

• Dani January 18, 2013 at 02:36 #

I agree! She was my best dressed of those at the event.

9. neesh January 17, 2013 at 15:55 #

I think it’s a bit unfair to say Amy Poehler is always on the worst dressed list when it’s quite the opposite. She almost ALWAYS looks great. She knows how to dress her body, and does it in color than the hollywood palette of black or white.

10. neesh January 17, 2013 at 15:55 #

*colors other than

11. Lauren January 17, 2013 at 16:00 #

Tine was a knockout in the second L’Wren dress! Absolutely gorgeous.
    I liked all of Amy’s looks, but the tuxedo was definitely my favourite.

12. Rebecca Z January 17, 2013 at 16:06 #

Yes, Tina was on my 10 best list for the event. The gown was spectacular on her. Not a big fan of Amy’s outfits–I got tired of seeing her entire cleavage and the top of the Stella McCartney dress is so heavy and matronly looking.

13. Tracy L January 17, 2013 at 16:07 #

Both women looked absolutely gorgeous all night. I just wish we could have seen them get more air time.

14. Christine January 17, 2013 at 16:12 #

Nice looks. I love Tina’s peacock-blue embroidered L’Wren Scott gown.

15. Yeliz January 17, 2013 at 19:24 #

Definitely agree that Tina’s blue gown was one of her best looks ever! I also loved Amy’s burgundy gown but her best look of the night was her McCartney suit on the red carpet.

16. Amy January 17, 2013 at 19:36 #

the long dress looked even better on screen, I remember my bro saying : Is that Tina Fey. Both were stunning. I’m not sure about the short dresses though. And btw they were hilarious!

17. AitchCS January 17, 2013 at 23:42 #

Tina is a downright sexy lady!

18. TeaAtTwo January 19, 2013 at 04:41 #

They should get extra credit for looking so good while being hilarious hosting the Globes.