15.01.13

My Roland Mouret Gown For The Oscars – As Voted By You

Roland Mouret Final

Today I can finally reveal the style, colour and fabric of my Roland Mouret gown, which I will wear to the Oscars, as voted by you.

I’m very excited about your choice especially as the fabric and colour is something I haven’t worn before.

The next stages will be voting for shoes, bag, jewels, hair and makeup which will be just as exciting.

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture - The Weinstein Company's 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture – The Weinstein Company’s 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party

Solange Knowles' Bottega Veneta High Heeled Sandals

Solange Knowles’ Bottega Veneta High Heeled Sandals

59 Responses to My Roland Mouret Gown For The Oscars – As Voted By You

1. Yeliz January 15, 2013 at 19:30 #

I’m SO happy that the Asymmetrical won!! As I said before, all of the four colours are gorgeous and I’m sure this coral will look amazing against your skin tone. Now I’m even more excited to see the final look on February 24. And I can’t wait to vote for the shoes, the bag and the jewels!

• Christine January 15, 2013 at 22:44 #

Can’t wait to see you rock this! :D The color will look pretty against your skin tone.

2. Ella January 15, 2013 at 19:34 #

Wow! I never would have thought the coral would be the winner (not that it isn’t an awesome choice–seemed like commenters were either between the blue and the fushia) Still, it will be LOVELY!!!

And I’m a huge fan of the style was chosen!

3. yaas January 15, 2013 at 19:37 #

I have voted these two for you and I was almost certain the coral one won’t win (apart from the lovely color, I thought the silk Jacquard texture is more interesting and I think more wrinkle resistant). You’ll look beautiful!

4. Kiran January 15, 2013 at 19:40 #

Already started styling the look in my head! Can’t wait to see the accessory options.

5. Irene January 15, 2013 at 19:41 #

OMG! I voted for both of them, i’m so happy for you! I’m sure it will look perfect on you. Can’t wait to see it.

• Beta January 16, 2013 at 09:34 #

me too ! :)

• Natalie19 January 17, 2013 at 10:48 #

And me! :)

• Foteini P. January 17, 2013 at 12:58 #

me too! ;)

• Grace Patricia January 23, 2013 at 14:41 #

So did I!

Very happy!

6. Jai January 15, 2013 at 19:43 #

I’m so glad the satin didn’t win – I can’t stand satin. I actually voted for both these choices and am very surprised coral won. However I love it (as opposed to nude, which I hate). Anyway, hopefully you get to go to the after parties – surely the best part ;)

7. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2013 at 19:44 #

Neither were my choices, but I’ve actually warmed up to the idea as I think that the silhouette will look best in the rich jacquard. Also, the coral will look positively buttery against your skin tone–I love that one of the textured fabrics was chosen! :) Can’t wait for the next stage.

8. Shelby January 15, 2013 at 19:45 #

I think hair and makeup styles should be added to the voting list.

• Agathe January 17, 2013 at 13:25 #

She did add it! I’m glad you suggested it, it’s going to be so much fun!

9. Nat39 January 15, 2013 at 19:46 #

The very light and soft coral silk wouldn’t be my choice to impress for this design with its clean sharp line, it would make a bit stronger impact in a more saturated colour (or classic crisp white) imo, but I have no doubt that it will look absolutely fabulous against your skin tone (!)

• Simon January 15, 2013 at 19:48 #

I agree ! i voted for the neptune

• J January 15, 2013 at 19:52 #

I agree. Although I voted for the asymmetrical design, I thought a brighter color would have looked better with that structure.

I feel that this color would have worked best with the ruffle design.

Regardless, its Roland Mouret!! I’m sure he will make it look spectacular and perhaps there will be accent colors.

I just hope you (FC) are happy… this was a big deal to put into our hands.

• Rashmi January 15, 2013 at 19:57 #

Same here, had voted for the style but with a brighter color.
        nevertheless i think she will look uber glam in this. Very rich and classy.

Its really a huge responsibilty on us. Hope you like it FC .:-)

• Ella January 15, 2013 at 20:02 #

I’m inclined to agree. I voted for a brighter color with this silhouette….but I trust Roland Mouret =D

• minty January 15, 2013 at 20:09 #

i agree. the colour needed to be blue.

• Kate January 15, 2013 at 20:19 #

What? Asymmetrical dresses and other dresses with strong lines can look very beautiful in paler and/or softer fabrics.
      I for one am very happy with this. I love the textured fabric, the color for FC’s skin, and since pale colors were so huge at the Globes I think stars will go bright at the Oscars. So FC will stand out :)

• Nat39 January 15, 2013 at 20:30 #

Well of course they can and do :) What I’m saying is that the impact could be perhaps a bit stronger in a richer colour(in my opinion).
        Anyway, this aside, what matters the most is how the colour works for the wearer, and I’m sure that this coral will look classy and work wonderfully for FC.

• firien January 15, 2013 at 21:35 #

I agree. I voted for the coral, but with the ruffled silhouette, exactly because of what you just wrote. However, I’m sure I will be surprised how wonderful the result is. :)

• Quinn January 16, 2013 at 01:42 #

I agree. I voted for this design but in color that is more rich. but as you say, FC will definitely look gorgeous in the dress. in fact i think all of the fabric choices suits FC’s skin tone, is just that i chose a more rich color because our FC loves bright color and i thought it suits the asymmetrical design. can’t wait for the big reveal!! :D

10. Gunita January 15, 2013 at 19:47 #

LOVE the asymmetrical look! And the color too!
    So excited to see your final look! Really dont care how others turn up :D

11. Leigh January 15, 2013 at 19:48 #

Yay! Love the design and the colour! Am sure you’ll look fab!!!

12. Katey January 15, 2013 at 19:51 #

I voted for that colour. :)
    I did not vote for the shape, but anyway I think you will be beautiful. This colour will be a really good choice with your skin tone.

I’m exicted about the shoes and the jewelleries. :)

13. Rashmi January 15, 2013 at 19:52 #

I can clearly see you looking jaw dropping in these and yuppp its something wch we havent seen you in much, so its gonna be more exciting now.
    now comes the best part, the shoessss and accessories. Am so excited about it, when is it coming up. cant wait !

14. currygirl January 15, 2013 at 19:53 #

You’re going to look great, FC! That’s the look I voted for! Thanks for trusting us to dress you. :-)

15. justme January 15, 2013 at 19:56 #

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS both of my choices for you made it! I can’t wait to see you in it, FC.

I’m a sucker for accessories so bring on the next voting step *rubs hands*

16. noo January 15, 2013 at 20:08 #

Congratulations FC :D I can see you in the dress now and I’m positive you’ll look gorgeous.

17. Arina January 15, 2013 at 20:40 #

Oh my God! This is so exciting! Both my choices pulled through, and I really did not dare hope for the Coral since most seemed against it. So happy for you right now. Looking forward to your outfit more than any other at the Oscars LOL!

18. harris January 15, 2013 at 21:15 #

SO excited to see that fabulous color on you!

19. Pablo January 15, 2013 at 21:18 #

Yay! My two choices! :D

20. Marybeth January 15, 2013 at 21:24 #

This is so exciting!!!
    FC, I know that I speak for everyone here when I thank you for letting us share your Oscar adventure. It’s the next best thing to being there ourselves!

21. msd January 15, 2013 at 21:30 #

I voted for that colour but I assumed it wouldn’t win. I love the texture of the fabric and the deeper colours just seemed too obvious somehow. However, i didn’t pick that dress shape so it’s an interesting outcome.

22. Maria Helena Rodrigues Penteado January 15, 2013 at 21:39 #

Very good. I voted for the two. You will be one of the most beautiful and well dressed of all the celebrities.Good luck. Enjoy the moment and Lord stay with you.Blessing your moment.
    Kisses
    Maria Helena

23. Andrea January 15, 2013 at 21:47 #

You’ll look amazing FC. Can’t wait!

24. Anderbobo January 15, 2013 at 21:55 #

Holy moly those were my exact votes!!! You are going to look stunning!! I can’t wait to see the final look!

25. Prudence January 15, 2013 at 22:16 #

im psyched on the sketch but the color would suit the strapless one better, I think just with your coloring darker jewel tone like color would have been best. regardless, you’ll look fab.

26. sara January 15, 2013 at 22:25 #

FC– since you will be in LA, any chance you can fill in your los angeleno fans on where you will be lunching so we can come by and say hello? :)

27. Lola January 15, 2013 at 22:26 #

FC, are we allowed to add you to the voting for BDOTW?? I can already see it coming !

28. Fashion Critic January 15, 2013 at 22:31 #

Thank you all. I was very excited with the results.

29. TL January 15, 2013 at 22:56 #

I pick the Look 1 Asymmetrical too. But same like others, I think the shape and design looks better with heavy and strong color such as hot pink (fuschia silk I picked) or navy/sapphire color. The pink is too soft for such a strong line.

Anyway, best wishes to you FC, you will definitely look awesome.

30. MissAmynae January 15, 2013 at 23:51 #

Hooray, Hooray!!!!! **snoopy happy dance**

Bring on the crazy gorgeous jewels!! This color will be incredible on you, and the texture is different and unique- not your everyday satin or silk. Can’t wait to see how it shimmers under the lights!!

31. jb January 16, 2013 at 00:28 #

I for one loved the strapless gown because you have a long beautiful neck. I did vote for the coral jacquard print though. That will look amazing against your skin! But, it is however Roland Mouret, so I am sure you will be boned in all the right places and nipped in in the others! Do you get to keep the dress afterwards?

32. ashley A. January 16, 2013 at 01:24 #

YAY! this is exactly what I picked for you!

33. pipsqueak January 16, 2013 at 01:49 #

YAY! Exactly the style and color that I voted for! Can’t wait to see you.

34. Leo January 16, 2013 at 02:34 #

You will look totally gorgeous in this.

35. Jess2 January 16, 2013 at 02:44 #

So exciting!! You are going to look amazing, this colour will be excellent on you! I am so happy that you like the choices FC :D

36. Kevinappears January 16, 2013 at 03:53 #

So happy I voted for both!
    Can’t wait for the dress!:)

37. Anna January 16, 2013 at 05:57 #

FC, do you have any idea whether the sash will be in the same color, or in a contrasting one?

Thank you for your wonderful Golden Globes coverage. :-)

38. manja January 16, 2013 at 12:52 #

voted for both,yeah so glad with the results,color will look great with your skin tone

39. Moxie January 16, 2013 at 15:17 #

I voted for the asymmetrical dress. I wanted it in one of the bright colors, so you would stand out on the Red Carpet. But it is all about styling and attitude. I know you will be rocking this dress, FC.

40. Katie January 16, 2013 at 15:54 #

I think the asymmetrical style will be stunning on your figure yay its the one i choose, oooooh can’t wait to pick the accessories too!!

41. Joy January 16, 2013 at 16:02 #

Well neither were my first choices, however the color and style chosen are beautiful. I picked the bright blue, but couldn’t stop thinking about the coral. I love soft pink hues myself. And with the style you will look like a goddess. :) Can’t wait to see pictures!

42. steph January 16, 2013 at 18:04 #

You will look stunning! Can’t wait to see the pics!!!

43. Parvati January 16, 2013 at 21:24 #

Hey, I voted for these two! I can’t wait to see you wear this gown, I’m sure you’ll look amazing!

44. ddukes January 17, 2013 at 12:47 #