15.01.13

Louise Roe In Manish Arora - Warner Bros And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After PartyPeppy British presenter and fashion journalist Louise Roe was no ‘Plain Jane’ at NBC Universal’s 70th annual Golden Globe Awards After Party, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California on Sunday night. Quite the contrary, actually.

She took a rather ornate spin down the red carpet in a gold netted top and gleaming metallic, floor-grazing skirt from Indian designer Manish Arora.

Whether she intended to lightly reference the golden theme of the awards-show night or not, the effortless yet oh-so-shiny ensemble was entrancing—and delightfully different from many of the other after-party statements.

Sorellina NYC jewels and a Farbod Barsum bag accessorized the look.

The only element I would have changed was Louise’s super-high, woven bun. Something softer might have been more flattering, although she is just one of many who have fallen for the braided updo trend.

Michelle Monaghan In Vera Wang - Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party

Michelle Monaghan In Vera Wang – Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party

Archie Panjabi In Basil Soda - The Weinstein Company's 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party

Archie Panjabi In Basil Soda – The Weinstein Company’s 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party

19 Responses to Louise Roe In Manish Arora – NBC Universal’s 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards After Party

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2013 at 17:20 #

A soft updo would have perfected this edgy yet classic, intricate yet statuesque gown. I still like it, but the hair leaves much to be desired.

2. Rebecca Z January 15, 2013 at 17:40 #

It is a beautiful dress, wasted on an after party. Not liking the hair either, and the dress is dragging on the floor.

3. Nat39 January 15, 2013 at 17:55 #

What I like about this look is that it’s a bit more unusual, the hair just looks silly with this gown and does bring the look down, an elegant lower bun would’ve been so much nicer, and I don’t like how her eyelashes are applied.

4. Ritika January 15, 2013 at 18:01 #

I’m so thrilled to see a Manish Arora here, and one that is so damn lovely. He is so talented!

5. Marybeth January 15, 2013 at 18:25 #

I adore the dress and, except for being a bit too long, it fits her nicely.
    I agree that the hair leaves much to be desired.
    And I’d like softer lashes and a warmer (tho not necessarily darker)lip color.

I’m not familiar with Arora but, if this is typical of him, I look forward to seeing more of his work.

6. jones19 January 15, 2013 at 18:48 #

Sorry but this is a little too mermaid-caught-in-a-fishing-net for my taste.

• Lisa January 15, 2013 at 22:40 #

+1. I dont like it at all either.

7. dee January 15, 2013 at 19:12 #

Dress looks too heavy along with the makeup. Hair is dreadful.

8. Camille January 15, 2013 at 19:16 #

I’m distracted by the awful hair and chalky makeup. I get someone was going for a retro 60′s glam vibe, but it is just too harsh. The dress was too long, but I can see it looking lovely with the right styling.

9. Yeliz January 15, 2013 at 19:45 #

This dress is stunning. I love everything about it, but it’s too long on her. I think the hair is OK with this look.

10. mattison January 15, 2013 at 19:46 #

Her makeup and hair totally distracting from an already busy look. The too-light concealer and the fact that her eyebrows, the slicked back portion of her hair, and the ombre bun on top are all different shades of brown are atrocious.

11. Noemi (WBiS) January 15, 2013 at 20:59 #

I don’t get why this woman is considered stylish. I never like the way she styles the clothes she wears, and she often has too much make up on. It ages her. The dress is interesting but the ugly hairstyle is distracting.

12. Christine January 15, 2013 at 22:51 #

Not liking this dress.

13. Cindy January 16, 2013 at 02:48 #

Are we ever going to see the end of the oranged faced self tanner look? It’s dreadful.

14. Brooke January 16, 2013 at 05:43 #

She looks good, although I’m not a fan of the top knot and her outfit pick is horrible!

15. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2013 at 06:48 #

Not totally sure on the embellished fishnet bodice and the skirt needs hemming but I actually do kind of like the dress and glad to see something different on carpet.

16. manja January 16, 2013 at 13:38 #

Genie in a Bottle kinde look,but still pretty lovely,except for make up and hair

17. JJovana January 16, 2013 at 15:35 #

I LOVE the dress. Its fantastic. But the hair and make up is all wrong. She looks like she went to a war with the tanning bed…and lost.
    The highlighter and concealer under her eyes is too light! Not a good look.

18. justme January 17, 2013 at 14:29 #

I only like the bottom half of her dress.
    The bun is a bit too comical and winged eyeliner is supposed to go up, not down. Her overall makeup is bad imo.