15.01.13

Emma Roberts in Maria Lucia Hohan - Golden Globe PartyPresenter Julia Roberts was noticeably absent from much of the 2013 Golden Globes red-carpet action, but her niece Emma Roberts brought out her best pose for the Warner Bros. and InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on Sunday evening.

The up-and-coming starlet mixed girly with all-grown-up in her black, strapless party dress by Maria Lucia Hohan paired with a sparkling headband, earring and Lemaresca clutch.

While this frock yet again played to the sheer and solid trend with its illusion middle and diaphanous layers, it all seemed a bit vampy and overwrought for this PYT.

The red stilettos and matching red lipstick were just too literal.

It wasn’t the most compelling entrance we’ve seen from our Best Emerging Designer of 2012.

Credit: Getty

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte -  Jimmy Kimmel Live

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte – Jimmy Kimmel Live

Jena Malone In Cushnie Et Ochs - Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party

Jena Malone In Cushnie Et Ochs – Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party

17 Responses to Emma Roberts In Maria Lucia Hohan – Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party

1. Yeliz January 15, 2013 at 14:30 #

She looks good but I would’ve loved it if the skirt was a bit shorter.

2. P. January 15, 2013 at 14:51 #

Actually, I think the overall styling is what keeps me away from totally hate this look. I like the cluth, shoes and lips. They attenuate the prom vibe of the dress, and may I say, that sheer bustier section seems very poorly done. Btw, the headband has to go. In general, that dress looks cheap for me.

3. Rebecca Z January 15, 2013 at 16:07 #

Misguided. The headband and dress really don’t go together. It is all just too dramatic and overwhelms her. This goth-like dress is just not right for her.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2013 at 16:12 #

Trashy, sad, unflattering, costumey. Worst of the night. :(

5. Marybeth January 15, 2013 at 16:14 #

Talk about trying too hard!
    The dress itself looks tacky and cheap, so I suppose there’s not much she could have done with it anyway.

On the bright side, that brown hair color is a VAST improvement over the brassy orange she had a while ago. It’s a perfect color to bring out her pretty features.

• Nat39 January 15, 2013 at 18:49 #

This is such a cheap tacky looking dress, no styling (or wearer for that matter) can save it, indeed.

6. Anj January 15, 2013 at 16:26 #

This literally looks like something you wear under a dress, not even a play on it.
    I’m sure it’s just my mind playing tricks on me, but it looks like her underwear is visible and it’s a thong from the 90s. I can easily say this is one of the worst of the after-party looks.

• Valeria January 16, 2013 at 05:22 #

Agree, this actually looks like she forgot to wear the dress and is only wearing underwear. I spotted some underwear shadow before reading comments, too, and wondered if that was my dirty mind

7. kane January 15, 2013 at 16:49 #

I agree, it looks like a layer is missing.

8. Amy January 15, 2013 at 18:06 #

would have been better if lined. Anyway her accessories almost save the look

9. dee January 15, 2013 at 19:05 #

Don’t like anything about this.

10. Christine January 15, 2013 at 22:57 #

A bit costumey

11. MissAmynae January 15, 2013 at 23:35 #

I see London, I see France.

12. pipsqueak January 16, 2013 at 02:01 #

I actually like this look. It’s innocent but playful, soft and edgy. She pulled off the look a million times better than KStew in Erdem. I could totally see Julia Restoin Roitfeld in this dress and people probably wouldn’t react so negatively. Emma is so much more stylish and makes more efforts than her famous aunt. Julia Roberts is only lucky to have her height and legs. She doesn’t put any effort to maintain her figure.

13. Cindy January 16, 2013 at 03:01 #

This is just awful. The lipstick makes her look like the Joker.

14. Jess2 January 16, 2013 at 08:07 #

Unfortunately, this was one of the lesser looks on Golden Globes night. I don’t really like anything that I see here.

15. katie January 16, 2013 at 12:07 #

I don’t like the dress at all, i like the red shoes,but i find the look overall very heavy and not very event or age approriate