Taylor Swift In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Taylor Swift In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Taylor Swift continued her flawless Harry Styles breakup tour at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California on Sunday.

Following her gorgeous appearance at the People’s Choice Awards, the ‘Best Original Song’ nominee wore Donna Karan Atelier gown.

Her body contouring taffeta gown with a sexy low back and dramatic train is not only refreshing, but her best look to date.

The dark-plum colour is something we haven’t yet seen on Taylor, given that it’s not a neutral or her signature red, so I hope she continues to experiment with more dramatic looks like this in the future.

A sleek Grace Kelly-inspired updo and stunning earrings complete the look.

Single looks good on Miss Swift.

Credit: Getty

50 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

1. AW

This look is lovely on her. The bodice is a bit suspicious but I can let it pass.

I love that she looks like a sexy, sophisticated adult and not a sugary sweet child.

Now if she would color her hair a rich brown…

2. Lauren

I LOVE the dress, and the colour is gorgeous on her… however… in a lot of the pictures I have seen, something is off… it is either the hair or the makeup. and I can’t quite make up my mind which just yet, perhaps it is both. (although looking at these pics I think it is that her eyebrows seem to be way off… her right appears to be MUCH more arched than her left.)

3. Gillian

NO SEQUINS AND RED LIPSTICK!

Granted, it’s still a fishtail silhouette, but 2/3 of her usual red carpet look is gone and she looks gorgeous!

1. noo

and no curly hair and no white dress, to me the Taylor that bores me took the day off and sent a beauty in her place today!

4. Sherene

She looks elegant but I dont love the dress.I think the fabric looks crushed all over and I don’t like the square neckline.Sorry!!

5. CreoleLady

Well, well. A new, um, fullness up top and a more mature look. I can just imagine some of the themes that might be heard on her next album. Love the plum color, silhouette and earrings.

6. Kathy

Can you say, best dressed of the night? What a show-stopping gown! It didn’t have to be a bright color like Jennifer Lawrence’s or Marion Cotillard’s respective red Diors or a puffy, princessy confection to make a statement. Love the silhouette, it’s so timelessly elegant. Love the back (saw pictures from other websites), it’s sexy but classy too. Overall a phenomenal look!

7. Tea

Great colour, hair, makeup, earrings and silhouette. I love the look from the shoulders up – the square neckline and delicate double straps photograph really well but it’s a shame the dress looks so creased (or at least that stands out for me in the photos). Also on television the bodice looked ill-fitting when she moved – I don’t think it is, it’s just one of the perils of going (probably) braless in a backless dress. I like this look but those factors make me not love it.

1. Marybeth

” it’s a shame the dress looks so creased (or at least that stands out for me in the photos).”

I keep telling my son, who wants to be a scientist, that he can makes millions if he invents a luxurious satin that doesn’t crease! ;)

8. Marybeth

Wow. She certainly has the height and posture to pull off something like this! Love the color, love the earrings.

9. Molly

I love this. I was hoping for something new and Taylor didnt let me down. I simply adore her hair and makeup, and her accessories were perfect. I love the color and the back is to die for. She looks stunning.

10. Eve_V

Wow. I am absolutely floored by this. I would never expect Taylor to wear this color, but I am so glad she did! Honestly, the creases are the last thing that comes to mind when I see this dress. If I wanted to be picky, I would only suggested a berry lip color instead of her nude pink, but at this point I can let it slide. One of the Best Dressed of the night.

11. Anne g

She looks beautiful, sexy and class
    taylor is one of the few to have dazzled me tonight. A very boring red carpet and not many big stars
    she got a boob job because she was still flat 3 months ago.

12. George

I’m sorry, but the top of this dress looks like a 90′s prom dress. And on film, her hair looked grey. I personally dislike this look a lot!!!

13. EmmaWoodhouse

I love the rich plum color, and I was so surprised it was Taylor! This is a very different look for her, very sophisticated! I wasn’t a huge fan of the back (too low, with contrasting inserts) but from the front is a really cool look and reminded me of Grace Kelly. Well-played, one of the best of the night! Those earrings are AMAZING and I love that she didn’t go with bangs! :)

1. MissAmynae

Agreed about the back- it was just too much.

(still sad that her fantastic, haunting song from Hunger Games isn’t Oscar-eligible, so we won’t see her on that red carpet.)

14. justme

Yes to the hair & makeup, yes to the earrings and yes to the beautiful silhouette.
    Unfortunately, I’m not sure plum works with her complexion and that square neckline isn’t my favourite. Also, creases galore!

Taylor won’t make my best dressed list but I do appreciate that she’s trying different looks now.

15. the ogre

“ooh different!” is what came to my mind but not “ooh fabulous!”. but no red lipstick no sequins no nude and no bangs!

16. Alexia

She looks horrible. She does not have the body to pull a mermaid gown off, it looks cheap on her and that hair looks like a cow has just licked it.
    Trying way to hard and failing.

1. firien

Agreed. I was surprised to see how many admired this. All I see is creases, unflattering figure and colour and a strong sense of try-hard… this look is just so “wannabe”.

17. carolina roq

she lacks personality, something we call in Brazil ‘não cheira nem fede’. And most definetely it’s nothing like Grace Kelly. I’ve seen all her movies, and it’s just an ordinary updo.

18. Leo

I kinda like the hair, love the earings, hate everything else. She does not pull this gown off, it’s too old for her, she has no personality for this also.

19. Jess2

This is a phenomenal look for Miss Taylor the colour is drop dead on her! The styling was perfect, I die for those earrings!

20. robbie

donna karan atelier is pretty terrible or at least what has been seen on the red carpet. this is no different it looks like a cheap bridal dress.

21. abc

Sort of puzzled by all the positive comments, I think someone amongst the many has pointed out this looks like a bad 90s prom dress…
    The silhouette is incredibly dated, and not in a vintage chic way. The colour is nice and brings out her eyes but does add to the dated feeling. This does not look like Donna Karan to me.
    How on earth anyone thinks this could beat her Jenny Packham moment I have no idea. Definately my worst dressed (after Halle Berry)

22. Mana

Am I the only one who thinks this looks is one of her WORST ever? I don’t like the dress, the color didn’t really pop on her and the fabric doesn’t look polished, It looks like it need the iron board. Her hair looks nice altough the makeup (again) it’s not flattering at all. I know she can do so much better than that.

23. Alexandra

i’m honestly confused, the first thing that came to my mind was that she put on her mother’s dress. the silhouette is so terribly dated and the fabric looks really cheap! i like the color on taylor but i think this kind of gown doesn’t fit er at all. make up and hair ale flawless tho but the dress looks ridiculous

24. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang

Here comes the ultimate revenge!! Taylor Swift shows what Harry Styles is missing in this show-stopping plum backless gown by Donna Karan!! Love her understated makeup and the elegant chignon!! The dangling earrings are gorgeous!! She looks super magnificent, uber sexy and fabulous!! Welcome back, our favorite stunning songstress, Taylor Swift!!