Rachel Bilson In Valentino – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

Rachel Bilson in Valentino - Art Of Elysium heaven gala

It’s been a while since we last saw Rachel Bilson on the red carpet, but she made a welcome return at the 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala held at 2nd Street Tunnel in California last night.

Adored more for her street style than her red carpet style, she delights in this Valentino Resort 2013 gown.

The vibrant pink animal print long-sleeve gown was statement enough, so the actress didn’t add any trinkets, just a glossy pink lip colour.

What I love most about this look, aside from the colour and print, is that it’s so unexpected.

I would wear this in a heartbeat, but I would’ve assumed Rachel to have opted for the floral cutesy dresses showcased in this collection.

333510_in_l

You can buy Rachel’s Valentino gown from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomi Watts In Marchesa - G'Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala

Naomi Watts In Marchesa – G’Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala

Elle Macpherson In Badgley Mischka - 2013 G'Day USA Black Tie Gala

Elle Macpherson In Badgley Mischka – 2013 G’Day USA Black Tie Gala

19 Responses to Rachel Bilson In Valentino – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

1. Nat39 January 13, 2013 at 18:08 #

Vibrant, unusual, glad she kept things simple and simply let her hair down, it feels so natural and relaxed. Lovely.

• Yeliz January 13, 2013 at 18:47 #

+1, I’m also glad that her styling is simple.

• Nat39 January 13, 2013 at 20:59 #

…and I actually think that petite Rachel managed to pull off this long gown without being overwhelmed or lost in it, she carried it off effortlessly imo.

2. Alina January 13, 2013 at 18:22 #

Love it!

3. tara January 13, 2013 at 18:23 #

It’s a great dress and she’s very cute but I think a bit too petite to pull this off. On someone taller this dress would look fabulous.

It drowns her a bit.

4. Grace Patricia January 13, 2013 at 18:48 #

I like the dress, but I think it doesn’t suit her height.

5. Lisa January 13, 2013 at 19:23 #

I think she looks great, but it won’t make my BDOTW list.

6. Dhppy January 13, 2013 at 20:00 #

I don’t like the print, but the model sells the dress well. I think this is a little too large for Bilson. She’s a little lost in it. This would look a lot better if it were a smaller size and knee length. I also like the lining as it is on the model with the crew neck that goes out to the shoulder. It looks more Valentino.

7. Noemi (WBiS) January 13, 2013 at 20:04 #

I love this dress, pink and leopard print, two things I love in clothes. She looks so cute as always.

8. Kathy January 13, 2013 at 21:07 #

Wow, this is a pleasant surprise (for Rachel AND for Valentino)! The hot pink leopard print is not something I would’ve expected from Valentino, which is known for their romantic, traditionally feminine looks. Nor is it something I would’ve pictured on Rachel, who is usually very demure as well. But it works somehow! The only complaint I have is about her hair. It feels like she didn’t take the time to do anything with it, though I’m sure that’s not the case. A chignon would have been nice.

9. Pati January 13, 2013 at 21:11 #

LOVE IT! I so want this dress in my closet! She looks über cute!

10. Christine January 13, 2013 at 21:33 #

The dress overpowers her.

11. Dani January 13, 2013 at 22:00 #

Oo, I like it! In a Globes week, this will be nowhere near the top of the pile, but it is still a good fashion moment!

12. justme January 13, 2013 at 22:08 #

The sleeves appear too big and the waist is a little loose. I think Rachel could have gone down a size.
    I also wish her hair was in an updo. As it is, it feels to relaxed.

It’s not a bad look but a few changes could have make it great.

• justme January 13, 2013 at 22:08 #

*made

13. Lyvm January 13, 2013 at 23:28 #

Gorgeous dress but not on her stature. Still, she would’ve been able to pull it off better with an updo. Her hair let down just makes this look frumpier in a maid-sy kind of way.

14. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2013 at 00:42 #

I’m a hater on leopard print, but this is just so…cute on Rachel. I’m glad that she kept it simple, the look is young and fresh and different.

15. Jess2 January 14, 2013 at 10:15 #

I didn’t love this dress so much on the model but I do love it on Rachel, she makes this dress amazing! Love this and her simple styling is great.

16. Lou January 17, 2013 at 13:42 #