Nicole Kidman In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 G’Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala

Nicole Kidman In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 G'Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala

After a busy night in Hollywood, we start with Nicole Kidman.

The Australian actress attended the 2013 G’Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala held at the JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE in California, where she donned an Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture dress.

I was initially really excited to see the A-lister wearing this coral sleeveless fit-and-flare dress, even if it does feel a bit twee for the statuesque beauty, but then I realized that this is a rerun.

You may remember that Laetitia Casta wore this same dress back in September during the Venice Film Festival.

With so many pieces yet to be worn from this collection, I wish she’d given one of the unseen pieces a run-out.

Pale pink Bottega Veneta pumps and Fred Leighton earrings accessorized her look with a wavy updo providing the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Marion Cotillard In Erdem - BAFTA Los Angeles 2013 Awards Season Tea Party

Marion Cotillard In Erdem – BAFTA Los Angeles 2013 Awards Season Tea Party

29 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 G’Day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala

1. Alina January 13, 2013 at 09:09 #

The main reason why I don’t like this dress on her is because she isn’t selling it to me. + I really don’t think that hairstyle flatters her.

• Christine January 13, 2013 at 14:32 #

I agree. I didn’t like the dress on Casta either. The dress is beautiful though.

2. Tea January 13, 2013 at 09:16 #

I do think this dress looks too girlish for Nicole. And I’m saying that even though I have to put my thumb over her face to look at the photo (I wish she could get her real face back, I just can’t take seeing this transformation). The shoes are so boring to. They really take any attitude away from the look. Laetitia wore it so much better.

• Tea January 13, 2013 at 09:17 #

I took my thumb away from the screen…and the hair is bad too.

• Noemi (WBiS) January 13, 2013 at 14:34 #

I agree with you about everything. Sometimes it’s almost painful to see how she changed her face.

3. Yeliz January 13, 2013 at 09:21 #

Not a fan of this look. I don’t like her hair and shoes. The dress is beautiful, but I don’t think that it’s age appropriate.

4. Ramsay January 13, 2013 at 09:42 #

Sad day when Nicole Kidman – one of the classiest women ever, with a unique fashion sense and a well defined taste in high end, clever fashion – falls for the glitz and somehow vulgarity of an Elie Saab number
    (I thought her L’wren Scott pantsuit from earlier in the day looked way better)

• Shirley January 13, 2013 at 14:14 #

I don’t think Elie Saab could be at all classed as ‘vulgar’. Perhaps the glitz of Elie Saab gowns may not be to everyone’s taste, but I wouldn’t call them vulgar by any stretch of the imagination.

• SilentVisitor January 13, 2013 at 14:45 #

vulgar and Elie Saab??? that’s something I have never read before.
      Anyway I think the dress is too girly for her

• Ramsay January 13, 2013 at 17:38 #

Vulgar might be the wrong word indeed – what I meant is it’s easy fashion – too glitzy – effective but too straight forward – shiny surface but little novelty / creativity behind

• TJ January 14, 2013 at 00:21 #

The dress is elegant and stunning! Elie Saab is the epitome of originality not common! You must have no sense of style to write these comments

5. manolo January 13, 2013 at 09:45 #

the skin hair dress shoe make up ,it’s just come on

6. Kaylie January 13, 2013 at 09:56 #

She should probably avoid that hairstyle forever.

7. Tiger Nueng January 13, 2013 at 10:33 #

I’m fan for Kidman but I really dislike this look may be ’cause the hairdo.I hope something more from the Golden Globe to night!

8. Martin January 13, 2013 at 10:58 #

I don’t understand what Nicole was trying to pull here. This is the kind of dress that I’d expect to see on a young Hollywood ingenue, a Dakota Fanning or an Anna Kendrick, not someone of Nicole’s age and stature. Too young, too frothy, too sickly. Fingers crossed she pulls out something more appropriate for the Globes today.

As for her face, it seems that someone has gone a little overboard with the pre-Globes fillers and Botox. A little expression in one’s face never hurt anyone – cases in point: Tilda Swinton, Naomi Watts, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore.

• Cooltweens January 13, 2013 at 12:00 #

I wouldn’t say that about Naomi Watts. If you look closely at her recent interview with Peter Travers (Rolling Stone critic), or her photos from this G’day event, you’ll find her looking a bit waxy and somewhat ‘frozen’. Some of her expression lines previously noticeable are no longer visible now. And the right side of her upper lip looks quite bee-stung.

9. Jess2 January 13, 2013 at 11:22 #

I’m not sure, I don’t hate this but I don’t love it either. I think the hair is the biggest problem.

10. callisto January 13, 2013 at 12:06 #

This dress must be given to me…………..now

11. Neli January 13, 2013 at 12:43 #

No. Girlie looks are not working on her anymore.

12. Eirwen January 13, 2013 at 13:10 #

It is a funny thing to think that Helen Hunt was never such a beauty like Nicole Kidman once was. Now there is no compare, Helen Hunt, though older, looks nicer, younger, fresher, style wiser, etc. It feels so sad to see Nicole like this… poor thing.

13. pipsqueak January 13, 2013 at 16:46 #

Nice dress itself, but the wearer … too much Botox and comical hairdo. I’m losing interest in Nicole. She’s started to be like the star she’s portraying – Grace Kelly, in a way. The older she gets, the crazier and more lost she becomes.

14. Rebecca Z January 13, 2013 at 17:25 #

Nicole is hit or miss. This is a miss. But now and then she is spectacular. Wrong dress for her and the hairstyle is really bad.

15. Dhppy January 13, 2013 at 18:47 #

Overall, I like it. I feel I’ve seen Kidman in much girlier dresses than this. However, unless she’s campaigning to play the role of Diana Vreeland, she needs to can this hairdo tout de suite.

16. Aline January 13, 2013 at 21:08 #

I really really really don’t like this. It looks so costumey. And I won’t even get started on how wrong for her this hairstyle is.

17. EmmaWoodhouse January 13, 2013 at 22:55 #

This dress shows why I don’t like Nicole as Grace Kelly. Grace would have looked so very beautiful in this dress…girlish, effortless, yet sophisticated. Nicole is more statuesque and should be in something soft yet mature. This dress is lovely, well-styled, but not right for her.

18. Kathy January 14, 2013 at 00:10 #

Two words: THAT HAIR. It makes her forehead look huge and is terribly unsuitable for the dress, which is too young for her anyway.

19. Evil Britta January 14, 2013 at 02:13 #

Hair a bit awful, but I can’t help but love it. The colours and the light frothiness is just perfect to me.

20. Jamie January 14, 2013 at 05:28 #

Gorgeous dress! Elie Saab is a genius! Her hair is not flattering!

21. harris January 14, 2013 at 15:31 #

her hair is freaking me out.